Expiring Licenses

And the obvious one, people that just discovered dramas! What, they don’t want any new clients? I understand losing licenses after a dew years, that’s how the industry works, but this is closer to “things seem to be falling apart” than anything else.

If we got prior notices and new dramas balanced the scale, I would be more understanding.

5 Likes

Guys, can you please write which region are you when you are saying that you lost an access? I live in Europe, Poland and I have an access to all of the dramas that you listed as already expired (at least the ones I checked - Swallow The Sun, Trot Lovers, Protect The Boss, Coffee Prince, Prosecutor Princess).

So what’s going on? Are they completly taking down all of those dramas or only for some certain regions? What the hell is going on and why there’s nobody from Viki saff to explain it?

1 Like

I’ll tap into my “telling the future” gift now:

In less than 12 hours, a Viki staff will reply “thank you for bringing this to our attention! We value your input and we are trying to resolve the issue. Please wait, we are doing the best we can, but we are a bit understaffed at the moment. We appreciate our volunteers!”

If this were in bugs&issues, it would then be locked.

Do I sound bitter? It’s because I am.

7 Likes

Thank you for the info

shoot, I got to episode 16 and I thought it was till July 27th, what a disappointment!!! Hello Vikistaff, any reply??

I got your NOTICE AND OMG!

That is one of the BEST dramas ever made!

WBDS ROCKS. it has the BEST first episode EVER!

WHAT ARE THEY DOING TO US! :frowning:

OMG.

no humor left, no name today. really…can’t believe this…this is shock and awe, and the overlords really don’t…care…apparently…

but weirdly they recently licensed even older kdrama, where the logic?

2 Likes

@simi11
Money makes the world go around, the world go around the world go around …
I am going to sleep, it’s past midnight already.

But…Hwanjinji is like 2005/2006! They are getting licenses for EVEN OLDER DRAMAS!

And letting Warrior Baek Dong Soo go??? one of the best dramas EVER made!

I’m rewatching The Great Doctor because my notes remind me that from ep 15 on it seriously is AWESOME!

sigh…

Conversely, some new dramas…(shaking head).

absolutely no funny name, sense of humor on a milk carton somewhere…

sorry to say, but competition df will have a field day or a storming new clientèle, I believe most dramas axed here are there…
I think the date July 27 is wrong, many dramas I checked are already axed, today is July 17th!!!

GOODBYE CLASSIC KOREAN DRAMAS, I WILL REMEMBER YOU FONDLY :sob::sob: :sob: :no_mouth: :no_good:

the magic word: restructuring, every time there is a company take over, all stays same for couple of years and then radical change, called restructuring…

4 Likes

yeah ME NEITHER…hmm…

And okay, PAINTER OF THE WIND AND WARRIOR BAEK DONG SOO?

:frowning:

That does it. I am going to have to STOP WORKING AND WATCH DRAMAS FOR THE NEXT TEN DAYS. :frowning:
and that’s not even my Fan channels from China too. :frowning:

So July is turning into massacre our dramas month is it. :frowning:

…so we have ten days now to watch our dramas, download, and these are the ones we know about? meanwhile we’re barely getting new ones so…just what is this site going to be? a dead place where once there was joy, and dramas, and people around the world working together?

1 Like

I received a notification from danylor that Warrior Baek Dong Soo is also going. :frowning:

It came up for me in USA right now but might be that end of month list…or today.

:frowning:

Please add this friend to the list of the soon to be fallen. :frowning: and know I SHALL UTTERLY MISS THIS DRAMA. :frowning:

Ten Days of Remembrance…to watch our friends…one more time.

Az - if you haven’t seen Painter of the Wind and Warrior Baek Dong Soo, see them before they go.

Both are absolutely excellent.

WBDS is one of my all time favorites and the pain of the fact they are getting rid of this one too… :frowning:

It has the most action-packed, amazing first episode.

Painter is a short course in Joseon Art and excellent. :slight_smile:

before they too are gone. :frowning:

WBDS was coming up for me a few minutes ago in USA so it’s still there for the moment…

1 Like

@kris_o @anaheli @jimmy_l @camiille

Viki staff members,
I literally just finished doing some post translation editing of Good Doctor today, and just got a PM that Good Doctor’s license will end today.

I know you guys do save the subs but can you save the updated subs as of today? It would be a shame to lose the corrections I made past few days.

9 Likes

What exactly does it take to SAVE a drama from the ax. Warrior Baek Dong Soo has over 13,000 FOLLOWERS!

I am sure others on the demolition list also have MANY CURRENT FANS. :frowning:

Okay…so…The Great Doctor, I’m up to ep 20. 4 more there.

WBDS :frowning: omg. 30 eps.

Painter of the wind: 20 episodes.

Tree with Deep Roots. 24 episodes.

Okay…at 45 min to an hour each…all before 7/27? or …:frowning:

if we haven’t already missed them… :frowning: the pages say they are not available ALREADY? :frowning:

I admit, I was already watching fan channel videos…like Go Princess Go, and Novoland…because they too are about to be swept away by the latest urge to renovate us - and yes, I was working on our drama projects together…but…now…there’s so many things about to go… :frowning: … and we are not privy to their plan.

So…before my friends kneel to be executed… :frowning:

apologies to my Teams…but my work here will be a bit slowed …as I now frantically rewatch some of the best dramas made in Korean historical drama…with rather short notice.

As the list keeps growing… and some have dormant CM, we likely do not know them all… :frowning:

3 Likes

Anything for you!

2 Likes

I live in USA
Secret
Secret Garden
They are already unavailable in my region.
Add “Shining Inheritance” to list of titles that have expired liscense for USA. Went to try and watch it, but came up unavailable.
It’s quite shocking to see all of these perennially popular dramas lose liscenses.

1 Like

ohh well its a sad day but it looks like i am no longer gonna be subscribing to viki any more the only thing i watched is getting removed. good bye running man and viki time to look else were for my show… hopefully they renew the licence so i can come back to viki but till then im out

Some good news for Running Man… The episodes 280-331 will remain available on Viki. \o/

Aww, you are so sweet! I was just letting Viki know so they can keep the most updated sub. :slight_smile:

1 Like