Fashion in Korean drama

Dear Vikis,

I’m sure you have noticed how good Korean drama fashion has gotten over the years.
I absolutely wanted to buy everything the lead actress wore on “It’s okay not to be okay”. But everything was way over my budget.

Now I’m watching “Love ft. Marriage and divorce season 2” and the actress had this amazing ring that i just loved.

Please take a look at how expansive that ring is, and by the way the have a matching set that is just wonderful.

My point is why can’t they were something affordable so we will not feel left out :disappointed_relieved:. I know i’m being silly and i wouldn’t buy such an expansive ring even if i had the money. It is just toooo much for a ring. It is the price of a car, it can feed thousands of people.

I love that the fashion has gotten better, but have mercury on us please.

With love,
Fast Sloth

2 Likes

That’s so beautiful and thoughtful of you bc every time I see expensive items and ppl. buying them, when there are so many children going to bed hungry, it destroys my heart.

They do have the right to buy whatever they want bc is their hard earned money but I just can’t understand how they can sleep at night.

In the case of the drama is obvious she’s wearing it for advertisement purposes but…I have seen actual custom jewelry with the same exact design so you can check custom jewelry and might find one you can afford to buy and show off. I do recommend you take special care since custom jewelry need care to stay sparkling for years to come. Many centuries ago, I sold custom jewelry, and they do get black/rusted, if you don’t keep them in white talc powder etc…When you buy custom jewelry do your research on how to maintain it in tiptop condition.

4 Likes

@msdreamy only kdramas can flaunt signature clothes and accessories that feels like you can buy in a retail store :sweat_smile:

They’re targeting local consumers.

You can check these shops for affordable & budget friendly kdrama merch and stuffs :blush:

3 Likes

WOOOW i’m such a reckless person that i will feel worry for the designer for who i’m going to treat them. I’m going to stuck to gold as it can handle me :rofl: Maybe i will customize something in the future with like 1/100 of the cost :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you. I will check them.

I have actually used YesFashion many years ago. Lovely stuff. Problem is the size, I’m not a size zero like those actress and most cloth didn’t fit me.

2 Likes

The shipping cost is outrageous and stops me from ordering stuff since I would pay more for shipping than the actual item. :sweat:

1 Like

I know the feeling. It is just unbelievable how much we pay for shipping.

1 Like

It’s a pretty ring, but like you, I’d never spend that much on a ring even if I had the money. Using the fashion & accessories of the characters as product placement is nothing new. I get a good chuckle, though, then the character wearing these things is sometimes supposed to be the ‘poor person’, and I can’t help but think that character could pay a whole month’s rent with the money that was spent on a particular article of clothing/outerwear/shoes or something.

There is definitely a lot of beautiful fashion and accessories in dramas. Great jewelry often stands out the most, to me.

2 Likes

I see that a lot specially on Arabic dramas. An actress who poetry a poor character will be complaining about how poor she is while wearing Fendi and having full face make up. And of course million plastic surgeries. Which makes no sense, how could she not have enough to eat but look like that.

2 Likes

I liked the jewelry in Vincenzo – it was from Swarovski and by the time I checked their website it was all sold out – It was a bit on the pricey side for costume jewelry

1 Like

Maybe it is better that it was sold out. Do u know those people who film YouTube videos where they have a diamonds sensors to check if they are real or fake. I saw a video about Swarovski, and they pointed out the fact that they are fake. Better buy same designs from grocery stores :joy::joy:

Thought I’d link these :wink::+1:t5:

Glad to know I’m not the only one who wanted to talk about this matter.

1 Like

@msdreamy
Swarovski is famous for crystal jewelry, not gemstones

1 Like

RE celbrities being fashionable – They have a coordinator putting together their look for anytime they step foot out of their homes.

1 Like

She carries this outfit really well :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’m so happy with ABP… they dress everyone so well!! Even though FL is a ditzy working class woman, she still looks so adorable in everything she wears
And whoever decided to keep putting Ahn Hyo Seop in black needs a RAISE