Getting To Know Each Other

I finished the list. :slight_smile:
Itā€™s great music, the Mongolian as well as the gothic. Not depressing, just relaxing. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

No I havenā€™t considered yet to study Mongolian language since im currently study the Chinese but im openminded to take a try some day. you?

1 Like

This reminds me sooo much on the music which my parents hear. @faywartune_545

This is a example of very old and traditional music of the turks:

Here is also a ā€œilahiā€ which is a religious (modern) song:

Sideinfo: Those songs are also played in weddings in the last years where NO ONE dances (sadly). But only the very strict religious people will make a wedding like that.

1 Like

why no dancing?

Wheh. No, I only wanted to learn arabic, korean if possible because
I am already learning korean and turkish right now. And I didnā€™t even reconsidered to learn it because itā€™s not really being used sadly.

2 Likes

Donā€™t ask me. All guests are very covered and they only play ā€œilahi songsā€ like above. Thatā€™s why the guests only sit there for 4-6 hours and after the distribution of gold or money they will leave or will stay until the end which only close family or friends do.

1 Like

Ah interesting, I like the second song. I can understand allot. its a cute song.

oh also mirjam I loved the Latvian songs that you posted earlier it also sounds a beautiful language.

In general I love oriental music allot. Its calm and mostly nice classical instruments also im love dream of desert. I dont know why I just love the desert for some odd reasons.

2 Likes

Actually yes, I even bought a course book over two years ago, but soon after it arrived my dad died (3 months after my mom :frowning: ) and then nothing came of it anymore.
And in the meantime I started learning Korean online (at first just on Duolingo, but got more serious over time), so eventually I was hooked on Korean.
Anyways, I still have the Mongolian course, so I will learn Mongolian someday.
I do have a long playlist with Mongolian songs, but itā€™s mostly modern music.

And hereā€™s a Mongolian guy singing in Korean at The Voice Of Mongolia:

3 Likes

oh my gods, the first one: chono ft ice sound like linking park!

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you liked them. Yes, itā€™s a beautiful language. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Let me teach you to say ā€œhelloā€ in Latvian:

When talking to one male person: hello = sveiks
When talking to one female person: hello = sveika
When talking to more than one male person: hello = sveiki
When talking to more than one female person: hello = sveikas

When thereā€™s both men and women, you use the masculine plural form (sveiki).

1 Like

cool, everyday we learn something new Iā€™m excited! I hope I wonā€™t forget : o

Also 'im sorry to read you lost your parents, but I do wish you the strength after sadness to go on with your life and achieve your dreams and happiness.

I do like some of the modern Mongolian songs. I guess you know the HU band xD they already conquered probably the ears of the whole world.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. :blossom:

And yes, I do know them. :slight_smile:

Which ones did you like most?

Chono ft ice top boogie
The lemons
Nagii Rigel

All are great in their own ways but those 3 are more my vibes.

I thank you to for sharing so much with us, also @rose_shn.
Its been nice talking with you guys, sharing and discovering new cultures and music.

I have to go sleep now and do wish you all a good night.

2 Likes

Same here ^^ā€™ My head is already hurting so I couldnā€™t watch the videos but I will do it tommorrow.
Promise!

Good night to you guys! :new_moon:

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to sleep as well.

Goodnight to you and to @rose_shn! :notes:

2 Likes

I just listened to them. Very beautiful! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hereā€™s a nice Icelandic song:

Great choice. Chono is one of my favourites too. Hereā€™s another song:

This is one of my favourite Mongolian songs. You already heard it somewhere above, but now you can sing along (well, if you can read Cyrillic):

Btw, hamtlag (pronounce the first h like the Dutch g or ch) is the Mongolian word for ā€œbandā€.

1 Like

I liked Camerton - Hairiin Hot but the 1th and 2th werenā€™t my taste, I must say.
The Lemons and Tatar were interesting to hear and more like my taste. ^^

2 Likes

Hello, hope you do well.
Thank you for the songs :3

And yes I do know solstafir, they are a kind of dark and melancholic. Fjara and midaftan are thus far my favourite songs by them.

You do understand that language? I always wondered whatā€™s the song about.

1 Like

That one is great to, heā€™s probably the only one ever played on a burning piano

1 Like