How is your quarantine going?

Thank you @mirjam_465 &@feyfayer

Sadly none now bc my Doctor only gave me a month supply (before he closed his office), and the pharmacy just gave me enough meds for only 15 days, stating government want all pills for the hospitals. I’m having difficulty walking because of the rheumatic pain, and my skin is breaking out in blisters (common in some Lupus patients). Taking one day at a time…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Unbelievable! :rage: So they save a few corona patients at the cost of other patients?

I wish you all the strength you need to cope. :tulip:

3 Likes

It’s Chloroquin/Hydrochloroquin originally a malaria medication. Remember Mr. Trump advising taking a medication, that isn’t even tested in detail, he recommended Chloroquin.
The problem is that Covid-19 can have negative effect to the lungs, but also to the heart and the brain. Covid-19 patients often get antibiotics and some antibiotics in combination with Chloroquin can lead to severe cardiac arrhythmia, if you think the patient already has a heart condition, or that Covid-19 effected the heart, then Chloroquin is not the savior for such patients, but some responded well. The problem is that most of the time the patient is given a combination of many medications so it is not proven yet, what exactly helps or which dosage makes the treatment successful. As for Hydrochloroquin it is believed so far to have less side effects. Time will tell.

@angelight313_168 I hope you will get your medication for a longer time, it shouldn’t be that patients, who really need this medication and are in a risk group need to step out of the house more often, than needed. As you know my aunt has the same diagnosis as you, she still has her medication for now, because she asked her doctor for one more recipe, when lockdown in Italy started, and we kind of expected the same might happen in Germany.

But we know, if people chose to see it as the new super drug against Covid-19 in this medication, then it will be hard to get them on the market and the poorer countries who need this medication for the original use will go empty-handed because they can’t pay the prizes.

3 Likes

That is terrible…
But I like that you are just focusing on one day at a time, sometimes all we can do is adjust our own attitude to what is happening.

I also wish you the strength you need to cope. As they say in Dutch: sterkte!

2 Likes

Well, I hope to keep seeing you around. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I know a few here that would be ‘‘elated’’ not to see me around lol (not joking).

1 Like

angelight, don’t say that again, ok> you mean something to someone,even this old lady in the USA! yeah I also sometimes feel that way. but! you do matter,

2 Likes

I also love seeing you around, and love reading your many different topics. They light up my day bc some are so funny and they make me laugh, and lately laughing is a treat for me bc it has become so rare in my life.

2 Likes

thank you that mjeans a lot to me.

That’s no surprise, right? I already mentioned that earlier but since we got that corona paranoia nothing else matters (and we had some deaths in Germany too bc people didn’t go to hospitals anymore when they needed help for something else than corona…)

@angelight313_168

I’m sorry for you and hope you’ll find a way to get your medicine. Is there a way that you get it without such incredible high prices? (via NGOs or so?)

2 Likes

You’re right. Care for anyone who doesn’t have corona seems to have been highly reduced or stopped altogether.

1 Like

저의 인터넷 고인 잇다. My internet is dead. (That is terrible Korean but at least I am trying. :slightly_smiling_face:)

MY INTERNET DIED FOR A WHOLE 24 HOURS! :tired_face: No VIKI! I had to watch regular TV!?! :crazy_face:

So today, I actually got in my car and drove around town! Beautiful spring weather! :slightly_smiling_face: :star_struck:

My internet is working now but it goes on and off… A LOT! Couldn’t go online to study Korean today. So my 98 day streak was murdered by my internet provider. :confounded: :grin: I have to start my count All Over AGAIN! (Good thing that 98 days was not a kdrama relationship! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :rofl: )

I’ll have to see if I can watch Viki tonight without a lot of hiccups and pauses and disconnects. *Oh Yea! 미국 … the U.S., has the BEST internet in the world!" (not)

1 Like

today, not good.

1 Like

Is there anything we can do to cheer you up? :bouquet:

3 Likes

just the blahs, laughter is tge best meducine, finished watching the two cops, now firey priest.

laughter is the best medicine. thanks fr the offer. maybe some laughs

2 Likes

afbeelding

afbeelding

afbeelding

afbeelding

afbeelding

afbeelding

afbeelding

afbeelding

afbeelding

afbeelding

7 Likes

thats more like it, one person said, I ate a glazed doughnut without the sprinkles, being on a diet is hard.
and thank you!!

3 Likes

@frustratedwriter

I no longer worry about my diet, and eat what I can eat to my heart’s content. The way things are going on in the world to be on a diet makes no sense at all. I don’t know by your supermarket/stores but most shelves are empty by mine, and I buy what’s available bc we might not have much to eat in the future anyway, if things keep going on like this. The price of the meat are through the roof so I’m FORCED to be a vegetarian; prices on EVERYTHING are so high that I wonder how we’re going to survive this …:frowning: It’s getting uglier by the day so diet be gone so when there’s nothing to eat, you don’t regret not eating when you could.

My paternal grandmother always ‘‘overfed us’’ (my sister, my brother and me), and she always said this to us: ‘‘Eat so that when you have none, you won’t have any regrets.’’ This saying came from the time she was a young girl and our Island had a horrible hurricane named; 1899 San Ciriaco hurricane. She said that she survived after that bc she lived on what she ate before the hurricane until she became skin and bones. btw my grandma was born in 1889. She died at 90 years old. What that poor child saw made her the amazing giving woman that she was. An amazing human being whom I miss so dearly.

https://www.google.com/search?q=san+siriaco&oq=san+siriaco&aqs=chrome..69i57.4727j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

3 Likes

today a cupcake with no frosting, the ones I baked a week ago.

2 Likes

If things get really out of hand I might be forced to become less of a vegetarian. Not because I would suddenly start eating meat again, but because maybe at some point I could not reject every single product which might have some non-vegetarian ingredient in it anymore. :frowning:

1 Like