How is your quarantine going?

yes I did check some meat the other day, oh my goodness! tyerrible, I know we are talking about food here, but get this, I needed some fiberfill for a project I am doing, just a bag, which I usually pay under 10.00, now its 20.00! wow! yeah when everything gets back to so called normal, prices will skyrocket, I am with you. looks like vegetarian time!! terrible!

1 Like

So quarantine is on phase 1 right now, on Monday we start phase 2. I went shopping to see how normal it would feel after been on locked down for 78 days? Felt like an eternity!!! Let me tell you, it was a nightmare what I went through today. The stores were letting the ppl go in one after the other (no line), and the place was packed! Although it states you can’t go in w/o mask ppl had their mask on their neck and no one was enforcing that so important rule. The ppl were coughing or sneezing so i was dodging them like a football game.

Between the crowd, 89 degree weather, and rude ppl all around, I started to get extremely dizzy and I screamed to the top of my lung; you need to control this crowd there are too many ppl in here! Although they had amazing sales I had to run out of there with 5 things before they had to call the ambulance on me lol

I didn’t enjoy going out at all, and I do hope things get better bc the way things are going this virus is staying in NYC for a long time and we’re going to have more death in the horizon. It’s heartbreaking how parents had this newborn babies in this crowd of ppl; with no protection whatsoever. Such precious babies I hope nothing happens to them.

I’ll stick to weekdays shopping bc hopefully ppl will go back to work on Monday, and can do less shopping. A bottle of alcohol I bought for $3.49 is now $8.99 and worse yet only 16 ounces (the one I bought was 32 ounce bottle) Washing my car cost $20 today, before I only paid $12 (tip included). My luck is going to rain tomorrow lol

Well, I can’t say I enjoyed my quarantine breakdown bc it was a nightmare situation. But with this virus lurking in every corner I wonder if i will ever enjoy the open stores, the crowds etc
ever again.

PS I didn’t enjoy this day 13 days ago bc it was a day I spent in small crowded stores. I enjoy the Malls bc the crowds no matter how big they are, have more space to move around, and I don’t feel claustrophobic. Phase #3 starts this monday July 6th EVERYTHING is open with certain restrictions, of course.

2 Likes

In this quarewnteen, I decided to learn new things instead of just not doing anything, learning a new language for one, learning new crochet stitches, revamping my sewing , gardening which isn’t good, baking new dishes, just doing different things, instead of watching so many dramas whicvh some are so boring as well, nop new ones as of now either. so I decided to do my crafts and all

2 Likes

You’re also a vegetarian?

Do your shops also have much higher pricing now for vegetables, fruit etc.?

When I look at the money I had to spend for food/basic daily goods during pasts months I get sick.

1 Like

Which language are you learning now? I think it’s nice to start some new things that are fun :slight_smile:

I watched less dramas too compared to pre lockdown times, also because it is depressing to watch normal lives in dramas, e.g. people in the dramas who are travelling, going to clubs or sitting in cafés on the streets while the real life is still without that or mostly without that.

1 Like

here is one. and I don’t have either one

“Ich hab en Gaul un Dachweggeli” = I have a horse and buggy

now for pronouncing them correctly,

1 Like

LOL
@frustratedwriter
Ich habe ein Pferd und einen “(Kinder)wagen”.
With the last word I am not sure. Is it Pennsylvania Dutch? I heard it is now the 2nd most spoken language in the US besides English.
So Buggy could also mean a little carriage with a top. I am from Palatinate, so I am able to understand some not every word though since 300+ years have passed since people moved from here to America. There are a lot of loan words in English and because of the historical influence we have more French loan words.
So am I right?

2 Likes

Yes, I’m a vegetarian. So you are one as well? :slight_smile:

Indeed, things get more expensive here too. And some things are even hardly available anymore (though some have also come back after a few months). I can only hope this is not going to get worse and worse 
 :frowning:

1 Like

So you can even leave out the Kinder-part? In Dutch we also have the word “kinderwagen” (without a capital), but just saying “wagen” would refer to something else (broad meaning, but could refer to a car or some wooden thing on wheels or whatever).
We also have the word “buggy”, but at least here it’s not the same as a “kinderwagen”. Buggy refers to the kind in which the child is sitting and kinderwagen to the kind in which the child is lying.

You seem to be right, though:

@frustratedwriter

1 Like

It’s because I was unsure because of the combination of horse and wagon/buggy.

Wagen in German can be anything with wheels, it doesn’t necessarily need an engine but it can have one. So even a car, trolley, cart, 

A buggy can be a car without roof or as you mentioned a Kinderwagen, for little kids is the umbrella term. Buggys are for children who can at least sit on their own, it’s a light model you can fold normally.

But back to the Dachweggeli = it’s two words Dach like roof and Weggeli like a small wagon, but of what kind that was the question, since the sentence is about a horse, I made my guess.

I am not using fb, so I didn’t know, there was something like this.

But I recently watched this documentary

2 Likes

I think this one was Penn Dutch. hey! yes thats where I got it! mirjam_465

so its a start. some of my ancestors are Penn Dutch/ and another part Quakers, boy what a mix!! hehehehehehe

1 Like

So now you are learning Pennsylvania Dutch? That’s so cool! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some of mine were “Dutch”, as the old meaning of the name some 300 years ago, people who were living along the river Rhine and it is a long river, the longest in Germany 1233 km. So back then they were leaving their places using the river and then from the Netherlands to America.

1 Like

mirjzam I don’t even do thaqt, I order online(walmart) and they deliver it in a day or two.

I crochet, sew, bake, eat, sleep garden,

1 Like

Yes, I am.

And this was/is also a problem. I also had to buy/use some things I wouldn’t use usually because of allergies so it was not good for me at all, e.g. some cosmetics with ingredients I cannot use but had too bc all the other products were sold out.

2 Likes

Even after the “whole stress” about the pandemic I will have my oral exam tomorrow and the week after that I’ll have an interview based on my report. That will be fun
 That’s why I am also stressed since few days and prepared everything for my presentation. I also took some time away from viki so I can concentrate on my last exam, urgh. I have already some stage fright even tho I don’t have any problems to present everything but this is the presentation for my bachelor thesis so this fact gives me some pressure. :sweat:

Wish me luck :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

화읎팅! :fist: :woman_student: :four_leaf_clover:

What is it about, if I may ask? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I keep my thumb crossed for you and wish you all the best :slight_smile::slight_smile: And a lot of luck :hugs::slight_smile::slight_smile: You can do it, with left :grin::blush::star_struck: toi, toi, toi

2 Likes

Good question!
-> Virtual worlds: Development and design of a mobile application for the presentation of artworks
My focus is product, design & industry that’s why i choose a application for artworks because I love art and also draw as a hobby with pencil & acrylic.

Thank you guys :heart:

3 Likes

Good luck, don’t be too nervous then it will be fine :sunflower:

2 Likes