How old are you Vikiers?

:rofl: well you could be my first son, also born that year! How times flies, everyone is aging earlier or later it will happen to most. Time flies so fast that you even don’t understand how, so everyone: treasure every moment and every minute of it… don’t sweat the small stuff and live your life to the fullest! :sparkler::tada::champagne::beers:

Surround yourself with good positive vibe folks! :family_man_woman_girl_boy:
Make everyday count. :sun_with_face:
Every day is a learning day (learn something new) :closed_book:
Hug a lot (even trees :wink: :evergreen_tree:) and Kiss a lot.:kissing_closed_eyes:
Smile a lot :blush: and say Thank You.:pray:
Help your neighbor, call your parents or kids! :phone:
Listen to music and dance freely :musical_score::man_dancing:
Stay strong and believe in yourself! :star2:

7 Likes

so true Simi11!

1 Like

What do I do now? I’ve experienced most things I want to and some I don’t wanted. If I died tomorrow I wouldn’t have any regrets and my life is just fine as it is atm. x) I’m even able to give life advice to family who are 15-40 years older than me, that’s when you feel old. :smile: etc.

2 Likes

same thing happens to me all the time! i graduated high school last june and i have just started college. i’m 18 :smile:

2 Likes

I don’t know how y’all will take this but just read it to the end, huh?

I’ll apologize in advance because I try to be drama-free, and stick to topics of interest, but quite frankly but I just NEED to vent. I’m so sorry. I truly am…

I have had ENOUGH!!! We’ll never help anyone again…EVER!! Either I’m too kindhearted, too stupid, or too gullible!! Out of the kindness of our hearts, and because it was so cold out yesterday, we took a man into our home. We felt so sorry for him. Poor thing was trembling out in the cold, but this morning he just vanished. Not a word…not even “goodbye” or “thank you” for sheltering him!! The last straw!!! When I realized he had peed all over the living room floor!!! That’s the “thank you” I get for being good to people!!!

Now I’m going to warn my friends to watch out for this man! He is heavy set, and he’s wearing nothing but a scarf. He has a nose that looks like a carrot, two black eyes, and his arms are so skinny they look like sticks!!! Don’t bring him into your house!! What a huge mess he made on our floor!!!

11 Likes

I’m more relieved that nothing happened to you!!
Did he take the keys or something or everything’s all right except the floor?

I don’t invite strangers at home, it’s forbidden.
I can give money or food or clothes, but I can’t take someone home if it’s not someone I know.

3 Likes

@piranna He just melted! :wink:

5 Likes

yep, he just melted

2 Likes

you didn’t catch it, he melted!!

1 Like

I’ve got an 18-year-old daughter as well, and we just had a conversation about learning from other people’s mistakes when possible. She is just starting to date. They grow up so darn fast it is frightening.

4 Likes

I’m 58 and my hubby is 67. He thinks I’ve lost it with my current infatuation with mostly C-dramas and some K-dramas. That is okay. We don’t have to like all the same things. The closest I’ve come to China is one trip to Vietnam and another to India. I had very minimal exposure to Chinese culture until I saw Meteor Garden on Netflix and got totally hooked. I’m thankful I found Viki and it has widened my experience tremendously. I love that the subs often give detailed information when there is an idiom used. I’m learning Mandarin Chinese from watching all these shows.

7 Likes

how COULD you, I was so CONCERNED!!! :joy:I did think the description was weird, but it never entered my head that it was a joke! :no_mouth: wow I was going to ask if he had stolen anything or harmed you!!! wow @mirjam_465, you were really quick to catch it, at first I was wondering why you were joking about such a serious matter :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

@vivi_1485 I also believed it … until I got to the end of the story! :rofl:

4 Likes

vivi_1485, I am sooooo sorry you took it the wrong way!! and mirjam you too!

2 Likes

Sounds like he is a cat…

1 Like

ok this make up time and again I do apologize for that boo boo!! so this one is a make up one and hope you enjoy this one at least!

Dogs are family

DeutSedcecempbeSuroic 13d hanaatstnesooaoSo r7:14 reAMdm ·

"A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.

He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.

When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.

When he was close enough, he called out, ‘Excuse me, where are we?’

‘This is Heaven, sir,’ the man answered.

Would you happen to have some water?’ the man asked.

Of course, sir. Come right in, and I’ll have some ice water brought right up’.The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

‘Can my friend,’ gesturing toward his dog, ‘come in, too?’ the traveller asked.

‘I’m sorry, sir, but we don’t accept pets.’

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

‘Excuse me!’ he called to the man. ‘Do you have any water?’

‘Yeah, sure, there’s a pump over there, come on in…’

‘How about my friend here?’ the traveller gestured to the dog.

There should be a bowl by the pump.’

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it. The traveller filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.

When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

‘What do you call this place?’ the traveller asked.

This is Heaven,’ he answered.

‘Well, that’s confusing,’ the traveller said. ‘The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.’

‘Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That’s hell.’

‘Doesn’t it make you mad for them to use your name like that?’

‘No, we’re just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind.’"
Dogs are family
❤

~Anonymous Author and Artwork

and this one is very old

5 Likes

Great regards, lacruiser,
I translated Panter of the Wind into Serbian language, never finished Ja Myung Go because it is no longer available in my country, I worked on The Merchant Gaekju 2015 - maybe someday will finish it.
Also worked at Jewel in the Palace, and it is no longer available in my country.

It is such a pitty viki loses license for such masterpiece of historical drama.

take care and best regards,
spanic

4 Likes

Hi!! i m also currently studying in high school and i am 15 .
firstly i also thought that no one of my age is here on viki but it feels great to know there are:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::star_struck::star_struck:

5 Likes

The age of Vikiers in this community isn’t really important (although we see that a Vikier can have any age :wink: ), since we have all similar interests and are “addicted” to Asian dramas and Asian movies, and we can meet in this discussions forum without any prejudice or you first knowing… I think each of us is a member of the Viki Family :star_struck:

We can hang out when we want, we can share whatever and Viki is so kind to reserve this space for us, I can only thank Viki, but also thank the entire global community of people that come here together from any corner of the planet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Feel blessed :dove:

16 Likes

I’m a high school student too even though I’m 17, still teenager and “age-mate” ^^

3 Likes