How old are you Vikiers?

29, call me grandpa. :pensive:

I’m 17 :smile:

You all seem amazing omg~!

My name’s Sara and I’m 16 years old. I’m Egyptian but I’ve been living in Canada for 10 years.

Besides @icedthy, this is my first time meeting “Vikians” around my age.

2 Likes

Omg. This reminds me of how a I few days ago, I realized that I’m going to be a legal adult in a little over a year and a half, and I started crying xD

I just want to be young forever,

1 Like

Strange how you don’t count 18 or 19 or 20 as young. Most people your age wish to be 18 so that they can have the freedom to do as they please - like dyeing their hair green and pink and stuff.

4 Likes

I haven’t actually, and it looks hilarious

54 years old, from Syracuse, New York, USA! I love the Kdramas!

1 Like

@irmar @lacruiser
Welcome to the past 50 club, at least I don’t feel “alone”, lol :smile_cat:
I remember I had once an email conversation 4 years ago with lacruiser about to try out subbing after I was apparently “complaining” about slow subs, I think it was a saguk “Seer…” … little did I know I would later find the courage to refresh my German with subbing on Viki. Thanks lacruiser for your suggestion! :+1:

5 Likes

@cubascubar

If I may ask, where do you live? The U.S. starts high school at age 14.

Yes, lacruser was the channel manager for The Great Seer and I was one of very few subbers for that channel. I think there were only 4 or 5 subbers and not everyone came all the time. I didn’t care for the drama at all and wanted to drop it so badly but only stayed because there weren’t enough subbers. Lacruser was a really strict channel manager who didn’t tolerate any bs! We were all secretly a bit scared of him, even though he was always ptotecting us, the subbers, from any potentially harassing/complaining viewers. Lol. But seriously, he is great.

4 Likes

Oh the stories one still remembers as if it were yesterday :blush:
I can imagine that dilema, but as I am also old school agewise I do like the commitment sense even if it’s volunteering, I see quite often subbers running off before the finish line or just without a word…

1 Like

33 already :’( still new to dramas and love them :slight_smile:

But with freedom comes a lot of responsibility. I just don’t like the idea of being a legal adult LOL. It just upsets me that I spent so much of my childhood studying and now I can’t get it back.

My parents give me enough freedom because they trust me. I have no interest in drinking or going to nightclubs, so it’s not like I’m missing out on anything. But I guess that’s just me.

1 Like

Going to high school soon? Wow

I’m 16 but where I live, I’m going into my third year of high school in September :open_mouth:

@youraverageangel Nope, not just you. But I’m also sad that I’m growing up, and time is flying back fast. :confounded:

1 Like

15 :slight_smile:

Finally! Someone closer to my age. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can understand what you mean. Yes, sometimes the responsibility is crushing. Especially when you become a parent and you have to make decisions for others. Sometimes it is agonizing. Suppose you’re a parent whose child has a persistent tummy ache. You go to the hospital, and doctors say it maybe is appendicitis, but it’s not possible to be sure. You are the guardian, you have to say the final OK to operate or not. I’ve been in this position. Fortunately there was an older doctor who insisted we do it, and thus my daughter’s life was saved. But suppose, when still at home, if I told her “It’s okay, try to go to the bathroom and wait to see if it passes”. I shudder to think of it.
So yes, I can fully understand you. Especially since you have such understanding parents and you already have the freedom, with limited responsibility. On the other hand, when the time comes to take a decision which your parents won’t agree to, then you’ll feel happy you can decide on your own. It’s scary but exciting too, and it’s part of growing up.

Yes, we do waste lots of time studying. On the other hand, our societies are made in such a way that the choices made before the age of twenty are often decisive, have an impact on the rest of your life. What kind of a job and salary you will be offered according to your academic achievements. It’s not always true for everybody: there are creative people who were bad at school yet they invented their own business and were immensely successful, but they are the exception. For most people knowledge and certificates do count.
I know a young man who chose to waste three years when in high school because he was too lazy to study things that didn’t interest him, and preferred to pass his afternoons playing PC games. Now, with his old classmates already almost out of university and him not even started, he freely admits it was a stupid choice.

3 Likes

Oh, how old are you? :blush:

I turned 14 in May. :slight_smile:

1 Like