I am in big trouble - I don't know what to watch

Sure, I’d look over, you have probably many dramas I watched back then, but how do I find you, under lutra, the same??? I’d have to create an acct to find you then.

Let me know if you create an acct - you can find me there also!

1 Like

I think you can see other people’s accounts without having one of your own. I believe I did so with @kdrama2020ali’s account before I made one of my own.

3 Likes

It’s not easy to find people, it’s easiest if they give you a link to their profile, I could give you mine and you could look at my friends list and find Lutra

1 Like

I did that.

1 Like

I agree that it’s very hard to find the old k-drama charm. I’ve stopped watching the mainstream dramas because they’re all so… off? nowadays :slightly_frowning_face:

This is a heartwarming movie about a mentally impaired father and a cancer patient daughter. It’s REALLY, REALLY good. No idols or school settings, and the FL is the little cancer patient girl. She is amazing in her role, very kind, sweet, but no-nonsense at the same time. And the ending is very, very good.

The FL in this drama reminded me a lot of Vincenzo’s FL, for some reason. Sweet drama with a thoughtful storyline. Trigger warning: terrible, obsessive exes. But not all through the drama.

Don’t know if you’ve watched this, but the FL is really really strong and parents are more or less out of the picture.

Another really good one. It’s soooo cute to watch and the comedy is perfect. The FL is strong and smart, working with her own brains. She is not someone to be stepped on.

I know you hate c-dramas, but these two are genuinely good. The best part is, neither of the leads are royals. These two dramas are just detective stories set in ancient times. Both FLs are strong and smart, the perfect matches for the MLs. I love how they work together to solve mysteries. There’s not much skinship, but the plots are pretty tight and the leads have good chemistry.

J-movie:
This one is really sweet. The romance is cute, and the story makes you think. They brought out the struggles and victories of a paraplegic person(the ML) very realistically. The actors were great. If you like it, there’s a drama with the same story, too.

1 Like

Can anyone recommend a drama in which the ML treats the FL badly, from above etc., as usual, or perhaps does not pay attention to her at all? And where the FL doesn’t look at it for long but goes her way and the ML then realises his mistake or even misses her?
I guess I need such a hard-to-find drama for the weekend.

3 Likes

The old version of 1% of Something was like that, but I don’t think the remake did keep it like that, I watched the new one, but my memory is a bit blurred about it, I remeber a smooth watch that’s why I think they edited this aspect out.

Let me think some more …
Will add it in this comment.

Another old one 18 vs. 29, they used it a lot in old dramas, but I guess you need access through Viki? Are older ones okay for you, or do you have a limit, a year and no looking deeper into K-drama history?

List:
1% of Anything
18 vs. 29
City Hall
https://www.viki.com/videos/129142v-city-hall-trailer
A Love to Kill (did it to the extreme …)
Beautiful Days (2001)
Best Wedding (You could even say 1st ML and 2nd ML lead are treating her bad at some point, and at the end want her, but only one is lucky enough)
Bride of the Century
Couple of Trouble
Full House
King 2 Hearts

Or from Taiwan or China:

Thinking of Youm Lu Xiang Bei
Autumn Concerto
Fated to Love You

maybe
Master’s Sun
Secret Garden

2 Likes

Older ones are okay, too.

1 Like

@spaufler_89
You don’t use MDL, do you?

You could try looking for a collection of Male Lead Falls Harder/Faster

Maybe one of these is close to what you’re looking for.
Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo
Strong Woman Do Bong Soon
Boys Over Flowers
What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim
Radio Romance
Gogh the Starry Night

Thank you all. Unfortunately, I know them all.

What I am seeking for, is rare and is more like Yanxi Palace: Princess Adventures, what I am now watching again in fast-forward. Or something like that in modern times.

Sometimes I am at MyDramaList (without registration), but only if I know a drama’s or an actor’s name.

I meant if you keep a list, then it would be easier to make suggestions.

Have you tried Jiu Liu Overloard, Maiden Holmes, Mr. Fox and Miss Rose, Renascence, The Rebel Princess, The Romance of Tiger and Rose, ?

What do you like about Yanxi Palace? Have not seen that one.

Ich antworte mal auf Deutsch; das geht schneller und einfacher.

Es ist nicht die eigentliche Yanxi-Serie; an 70 Episoden wäre ich heillos zerbrochen, aber ich weiß in etwa, worum es geht.
Es ist ein Spin-Off, und die ehemaligen Hauptdarsteller sind auch in Nebenrollen zu sehen. Witzigerweise ist das Epos auf Viki und das Spin-Off nur auf Netflix.

Das Spin-Off hat nur 6 Eps, eine ungewöhnliche Prinzessin und ein ebenso ungewöhnliches Ende. Am Anfang denkt man so, was ist denn das für eine blöde, gepamperte duweißtschonwas. Erst gegen Ende erfährt man, warum sie so ist und dass sie tough und unkonventionell ist. Und ihre endgültige Entscheidung ist einfach grandios!
Ich wandel mal die Redewendung im positiven Sinne ab: “Ich weiß nicht, was der Drehbuchautor ‘genommen hat’, aber das will ich auch haben!” So etwas würde ich liebend gern mal in einem anderen Plot und in der Neuzeit sehen.

Jetzt reden wir! Neuzeit ist mehr mein Ding.

Bin gleich wieder da, muss auf meine Liste schauen, weil Titel merken …

Ich nehme mir mal den Punkt raus Frauen, die durchaus ungewöhnliche Entscheidungen treffen.

Es ist glaube ich nicht immer das ML und FL sich nicht leiden können, aber vielleicht hast du ja wenigstens ein oder zwei Serien nicht gesehen?!

Ich danke dir. Fünf davon habe ich tatsächlich nicht gesehen bzw. noch nicht reingeschaut.

1 Like

I’m shocked I think this is a keeper for me. I’m not a fan of the ML or FL,and I avoid dramas they make, but this story plot and the way is flowing CAUGHT my attention. Check it out.

After being extremely lucky and watching four straight excellent dramas, I’ve again entered that period where it’s like throwing your pasta against the wall and seeing if it will stick. I’ve started a handful of new dramas, but nothing seems to be sticking. The dreaded drama hole rears its ugly head. I’ll look through this thread to see if any of the recommendations sound good. I know there are a lot of threads about recommendations. I am curious if you all have a preferred method of finding new things to watch. Do you come to discussions? Do you use the ‘explore’ function on Viki? Do you search on MDL or other online sources?

5 Likes

When I’m reading discussions and someone mentions an interesting drama I put it in my watch list, and then never check it again, lol. I checked it the other day and I had a few dramas I’d already finished.

Usually I use explore and look through the genre that I’m in the mood for, or if it hasn’t been long since someone suggested an interesting drama, I may start that one. I saw someone talking about Beyond Evil the other day and when I finished Put Your Head On My Shoulder I decided I was in the mood for a psychological thriller, so I’m watching Beyond Evil, for the moment, unless…

3 Likes

I will usually do the same as far as putting things in my watch list based on recommendations here. But then I go back and am just not in the mood for any of them later. it’s especially frustrating when I don’t even know what genre might interest me at the moment. I’ve gone through all my usual routes to try to find something new, but nothing is jumping out at me. I’ll just keep trying some stuff and hope that one of them pulls me in. Now I have a lot in my ‘continue watching’ that are stuck at ep. 2. :joy:

2 Likes