I am in big trouble - I don't know what to watch

I have a lot in my ‘on hold’ and currently watching lists, I’ve discovered I love starting dramas, not as keen on finishing them, I get bored and then want something new.

3 Likes

Which are …?

Chicago Typewriter, Into the Ring, Find me in Your Memory, and Missing: The Other Side.

1 Like

LOL Missing, yes it made me stumble too.
I loved it so much, I think I read that there will be a 2nd season.

I went through 2 re-watches and a sageuk …

And then went on to watch something completely different. I know it has some episodes …

2 Likes

My methods only get more complex over time :joy::sweat_smile: I actually think I like searching for dramas more than watching them.

1. Soompi - I find out about most Korean dramas when Soompi releases the very first “_____ in talks to join _____ drama” article. If the plot looks like something I’ll enjoy, I follow up, waiting for new articles all the way up to the drama’s release.

2. Discussions - If the plot interests me, I’ll research it on Viki/MDL and then add it to my watchlist. I don’t add dramas I haven’t researched to my watchlist.

3. MDL Show Recommendations - If I liked a drama, or if I’m researching a drama, I always check the show recommendations(above the Recent Discussions and Comments section)
    image I usually find similar dramas. I trust MDL ratings more than Viki ratings.

4. MDL actor pages - If I liked an actor, I’ll dig up their entire filmography and search for something I’ll like. I used to do that with Viki, but Viki only shows the dramas available on Viki.

5. MDL’s Explore page - I use it because its Advanced Search has some really specific tools that are handy when I want to watch a drama with this and this and this in the plot. The search-by-tag feature is very useful.

6. Viki’s Explore Page - the “New/Coming Soon” section

7. I create a topic on Viki(if there isn’t one already) - @lutra always has a ton of recommendations I can spend more hours on researching :joy:

Even with all that, there are always times I look at my very-carefully-compiled watchlist and still think “There’s nothing to waaaaatch!” :joy: It’s a passing phase. I just switch to YouTube or variety shows or k-pop crack videos or till I feel like watching something again.

4 Likes

My process is very similar, even down to the part about distracting myself with Kpop videos or variety shows.

I always forget to check this section on MDL. I use the show pages and actor filmographies extensively there, though. I always have a tab open just for MDL where I can research dramas, movies, or actors.

3 Likes

You know me after our WP together of Chicago Typewriter (which I wanted to give a 12) - I have been in a DRAMA slump - Dating in the Kitchen and 5 to 9 made me want to throw my laptop!!! But people know me pretty well and especially if one of you recommend something I will listen - like - Find Me In Your Memory seems to be sticking! I also love watching things together if they aren’t exactly what I’m looking for we have FUN!!!

I do read reviews - however - MDL is not trustworthy for my tastes - I do have a couple of people who do reviews on VIKI that I respect although I don’t always agree - I look for their recommends sometimes!!!

Collections also help me keep everything organized for myself!!! But the SLUMPS are REAL

2 Likes

I forgot to mention that I find myself enjoying this part of the process quite a bit, too, at times. I love finding really well-written reviews, both on Viki itself or on MDL.

Glad that you are liking FMIYM, @kdrama2020ali.

3 Likes

A few years ago I decided to search for drama’s in alphabetical order. I simply started by typing ‘Aa in the search box and explore the dramas that would show up. If a plot/mdl reviews of the series looks good, I watch it. When the drama is finished, I will type in the next letter combination, like’Ab’, ‘Ac’ etc and explore until I find something worth watching. .
Right now, the letter combination is ‘oc’ which has led me to watch Octogenarians and the nineties :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What a unique strategy! It sounds like it has been successful for you, as you have made it all the way to the ‘O’s’. Impressive. ‘Octogenarian and the 90s’ was a nice little slice of life. I hope you enjoy it!

4 Likes

Thanks. With some lettercombo’s it can get a bit boring, because the same titles will get recommended over and over, otherwise it works pretty well for me.
Yes, I’m enjoying Octogenarians, am at episode 12 atm :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I need some recommendations. I have been browsing Viki for for the past 3 days to watch something, but I have not found my perfect drama yet.

I am currently watching Happiness, I tried a lot to not watch it while it’s on-air but ended up binging first 8 episodes. Now I can’t wait for the next episode, I am literally dying :persevere:

Till episode 9 of Happiness comes, I need something to watch. I started Touch Your Heart today because Vivi recommends it to everyone, I made it through episode 1 and will be continuing further.

But I need something like Happiness, not a lot of romance in it but something that makes me feel I am not so far reality.

If I could give an idea of what genre I like, I loved these drama:

Penthouse 1, 2 and 3.
Happiness
Melancholia
Lawless Lawyer
Mr. Temporary
The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim
He Is Psychometric
Psychopath Diary
Nightmare Teacher

I don’t want to start and drop in between, I also can’t trust reviews since they’re just about admiring their oppa and cursing the FL.

6 Likes

I have a collection of Crime/Mystery would that help???

Mystery Crime
There is a heart if there is romance included in the description

Have you tried Chicago Typewriter - I loved that darn drama!!! I’ll look through and see what else I think! It has romance but the show was just top notch in my book!

Flower of Evil??

This has romance though - but it has your lawless lawyer!!!

I loved Your Honor- not much romance but court cases! Mouse maybe I have not watched it yet!
Falling For Innocence

2 Likes

LOL That’s all I watched.

2 Likes

As @kdrama2020ali said I would also totally recommend flower of evil, and you will definitely binge watch it

3 Likes

Now you are in trouble 3 times recommendation for Flower of Evil … What are you going to do?

3 Likes

Thank you, @kdrama2020ali @lutra @padmalayag

I guess I know what I need to watch tonight. And I added these to my watchlist. I’ll have busy nights till New Year I suppose :joy::joy:

I watched episode 1 some months ago but the kissing scenes were too much for me so I had to drop it, I’ll give it a rewatch again, since it has the Lawless Lawyer :wink:

Yoon Shi Yoon is my go to actor, I’ll watch it after Flower Of Evil.

3 Likes

I probably hv a few more
Falling For Innocence is good - but does hv some romance. I am at the vet so ill add some more here check back.

I Miss You maybe?

Flower of Evil is on the steamy side I understand however
Your Honor is not nor Falling for Innocence

2 Likes

Yoon Shi Yoon is in TRAIN

Seo Kang Joon

I LOVED K2 WOOKIE

Choi Jin Hyuk

Here are a few more I have on my watchlist I have heard good things about
@shraddhasingh
Now maybe you have until Summer 2022!!! LOL

1 Like