I am in big trouble - I don't know what to watch

This was made before My Love From The Star. They looked so good together here that maybe someone got the idea. I can’t tell you what happens between them at the end because it’s only hinted at, but it’s sure promising!

2 Likes

@vivi_1485, definite thumbs up for Squad 38 and My Fellow Citizens.

3 Likes

anfd another one I’d love to find & watch!! squad 38 anyway. loved the ending part as well!

ps if you watched the bad guys, the ending with squad 38, is a cool watch,

1 Like

Just finished watching “The Thieves”…can’t say I’m satisfied and wow I’m not watching any more K-movies :flushed: I don’t know if it’s just me, but they all seem to have a different vibe from k-dramas…I was really kinda surprised to see so much sudden kissing, and OH that awkwaaardddd scene with Zampano and that guy in the bar :flushed:
In the first part of the movie it seemed like EVERYONE was either kissing or smoking;
The middle-to-end part was interesting, I liked the heist stuff but was annoyed that Macao Park basically just screwed everyone over in the first heist. I get why he probably did it(as a diversion since the police were onto them) but it ended up with two people dying and Zampano going to prison(more on THAT later :rage:) !! The end wasn’t all that satisfying, though.
I also loved how everyone was just backstabbing each other, and Jun Ji Hyun did an AMAZING job, loved her character so much! I really loved Zampano’s character, not just because he was young and handsome, but he sort of has a PRESENCE in the movie, if you get what I mean. That scene where he gets himself caught instead of Yenicol I really would have cried. The little things he did for her…I was so interested in how their story would develop(though that sudden kiss scene was both a shocker and embarassing) but nothing really even happened, I was so MAD that we just never see Zampano again?!! Yenicol never even seems to like him back–except the time when he was the first person she thought about after she stole the diamond, and that was just not enough.
All in all, I’d give it a 7 or an 8, because I did like the action sequences and the plot twists :grin:
You were the English Editor, right?! Saw your name in the credits and got all excited :joy:

3 Likes

is the heist about they stealing ice??

Oh yeah, totally different beasts :laughing:

@frustratedwriter

You are confusing the dramas. This is not the one about the Ice stealing was in another era. This one is a movie about stealing diamonds and modern times. I saw the one about the ice stealing and loved it.

1 Like

I thought the kiss was one of the most interesting parts, LOL. I liked how the characters were full and real, not just wooden, everyone had their story and their style. The story twists were clever and there was lots of humour. I also loved the love story between the older leads. I agree with you about the two young ones, I would have liked a better closure for them and some bigger hint that his sacrifice was not in vain.

2 Likes

Your list is so varied. Why not just try something you’ve not seen but really popular to be safe. Hotel del Luna?

1 Like

Popular might be not my top criteria. I tried Hotel Del Luna, if I didn’t stop at episode 1 it must have been episode 2. Fantasy is not my biggest love in movies nor dramas.

What I am looking for, well something smoother, down to earth, pure, earnest, …

That’s what I wrote at the start of this threat, and I am still like it, that’s why I often end up with these drama genres medical, law family.
I have a long watch history and variation is always good, but I avoid violence if possible, but there are certain actors who bring me to the screen even if there is violence, right now it’s Lee Jun Ki.

3 Likes

Es IST zwar mit Zeitreise + Körpertausch, aber ich hätte nie gedacht, dass mich diese Serie so begeistern könnte. Ein bisschen Kairos in anders und zum Ende hin immer trauriger und gleichzeitig auch optimistischer. Eine Gefühlsachterbahn.

Neuerdings könnte ich mich immer öfter für taiwanesische Serien begeistern (nachdem ich einige nicht so gute gesehen habe).

Habe ich schon zweimal Anlauf genommen, nachdem so viele begeistert sind, aber dasselbe Problem wie bei Hotel Del Luna, der Anfang und ich bin raus …

1 Like

Die Serie nimmt erst so richtig Fahrt auf. Auch in Lost Romance muss man die ersten anderthalb Episoden überstehen.
Ich meine, besser so, als wenn ich in ep 10 rufe “give my lifetime back”.

1 Like

Immerhin habe ich da durchgehalten.

1 Like

would recommend Tale of Nokdu

3 Likes

Thanks, it was nice, but I already watch it last year or early on this year.

1 Like

this is why your reccomendations fit me so well, our tastes are literally the same!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I even agree with you on the violenceand Lee Joon Gi part!
this is also why I probably can’t give you any reccs either :woman_facepalming::grimacing:
I don’t know if you’ve watched this one but I recently enjoyed Shopaholic Louis–wouldn’t say it was the best, but I loved the earnest, innocent and kind nature of both main leads, as they try to survive in the city.
Kiss Goblin was a really light, fun and extremely short - less than two hours-- of fluffy drama about a goblin who is trying to become human by obtaining emotions. I really didn’t expect to enjoy it so much, what with it’s weird plot!

(why is the link in Spanish though00 my interface is English?!)
Lost Romance– did you finish this one?

2 Likes

As I already wrote, I tend to skip a lot and the series can count themselves lucky, if I don’t delete them from my lists right away.
But when I’m hooked on a series, then it has to go away one after the other as possible. So it is at the moment there:

NO comedy, but on the contrary.
Ich habe schon die Channel Managerin angeschrieben, aber bisher gibt es wohl noch keine deutsche Moderation? Ich würde da wahnsinnig gern subben, bin selbst schon bei Folge 7 mit dem Ansehen.

1 Like

In welcher Region lebst du, wenn ich fragen darf, für mich in “D” zeigt es momentan nur Folge 1 und 2 an.

Yes, I have watched it. It is also a reason why in the first place I stopped and hesitated to watch it … I later returned to it, when I was in the mood for this kind of drama and enjoyed it.

I had the same issue with another channel, I just think of it as a bug that eventually will subside. I put that drama on my list.

Yes, it was good.

1 Like