I received a learn mode badge!

Today I am happy to have received a learn mode badge :smiley:

And although I really like it, I wonder why and how I got it.

When I go to the page with all the badges, there is no learn mode badge.
So what is actually the requirement to receive one? Can I level up if I do more?

If you have the answer, please let me know :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congrats! I love it too! Learn Mode is a really good feature on Viki. I applaud it’s creation and inclusion!

You must have contributed (at least) 300 captions in a channel you have signed up as a volunteer and hence the badge.

I don’t think there’s any option to level up. At least not at the moment.

For more info:
https://discussions.viki.com/t/announcement-learn-mode-a-new-badge-opportunity/17365

4 Likes

Thank you for your response! I read the announcement and it’s clearer to me now :slight_smile: Although it’s written there that you don’t get a pop-up notification in the sub editor, I did get one. That’s how I found out.

3 Likes

Ah, that’s what it was! And I was wondering when I accidentally saw it this morning. I was looking for the subathlon badge (which isn’t there yet) and I saw this one.

1 Like

I wonder how you got it because I added subs for learnmode in the past too but no badge for me.
Ohh well maybe not enough subs in certain projects

Maybe the badge was only added recently and your contributions to get the badge will only count from that moment.

1 Like

It may be true. Because I got a message that a badge for Greek has been added, but it will only count contributions from now onwards. I’ve done many thousands of Greek subs, but they won’t show.

Same for me. Done many Dutch subs but no badge.

2 Likes

I received my badge yesterday. You get it when you make 300 subs since the moment they are available.

2 Likes

I just received a learn mode badge. and finally figured it out.

You get the learn mode badge when you caption for a language.

For example: If you know English, you go on a show from the U.S or UK and write English captions.

After contributing 300 captions, You get the learn mode badge. Because people who wants to learn English can use it in learn mode.

2 Likes

Congrats on getting the badge! What were you helping to sub for?

1 Like

Korean language. Secret garden

2 Likes

Congratulations! :wink:

1 Like