Important notes on the new QC program!

@icedthy
somehow I disagree, as Gold QCs have over 20,000 in whatever time they reached it I think itā€™s a nice Bonus not to require again like 1st tier rush to accumulate your suggested 1,000 to 1,500 subs, many QC are not necessary subbers! Some QC take a break for the sanity (lol).
Although I already have the 500 Im not fond of your suggestion, be happy Viki is nice with us, thanks :).

6 Likes

First off all I exclude all editors, mods and such whoā€™s countless contributions are not always counted.

Why should gold QC work harder to maintain their gold QC status because they already worked harder then the normal QCā€™s? Yes for me itā€™s easy to make those 500 contributions as I sometimes make those within a day but for many other gold QCā€™s itā€™s not that way or for time bing focus on other things where contributions are not always counted for whatever reason.

7 Likes

Im really disappointed that you want to resort to the math after me and dudie explained the factsā€¦ for the said reasons (not being a subber, absence for family reason, hiatus, etc you can not make that math) Im very happy Viki has made that rule, itā€™s fair and square, just like mods have to produce some subs besides their delegating work.
I appreciate your understanding. (I get what you are saying though :slight_smile: )

Iā€™m very sorry about this whole thing. Iā€™ve been having so many emotional problems the past few days with family, so I will remove my comments and not talk about it again. I am very sorry that I do not think before I say stuff, and Iā€™m very sorry for acting immature. Iā€™m sorry you have to deal with me. I will try to work my hardest and not cause any problems in the future.

2 Likes

I also got madā€¦when I saw the status barā€¦ it makes me seem like viki thinks iā€™m not doing enough. I am only one of a handful of active kor-eng editorsā€¦ what more do you want from me!?

3 Likes

I donā€™t really get it. If youā€™re contributing daily, shouldnā€™t your viki pass remain?
I think it would be better that the free viki pass would be removed if youā€™re inactive for a period. If youā€™re still active, the viki pass should remain. It would make members of the community more inspired to contribute :slight_smile:

1 Like

@cessanz
Viki stated it very clear:

1. if you are a Gold QC past 20,000 (and xy segments) and you did contribute till July 11/12 500 subs or segs (?), your viki pass and benefits are good for next 180 days or 6 months i.e. till ca. Jan 8, 2017
    2)if you are Gold QC past 20,000 ā€¦ if you contribute another 500 during next 180 days (from July 12, 2016 till Jan 8, 2017) then you get a viki pass and benefits for the next 180 days, i.e. till ca. July 12, 2017 etc.

Are you Gold QC? Letā€™s not make new rules, merci :wink:
@sophie2you
I think viki fixed the glitch with the sub count, did you check?
@icedthy
no problem, I guess you acted on your impulse, anyway take it easy and we still love you :smiley_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

4 Likes

I guess what Iā€™m curious about now is given you were once a QC/gold QC member, but took a hiatus for more than 6 months, how many contributions do you have to make to get back QC/gold QC status? Just 500? Or something else?

1 Like

Just 500. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay thank you

Thanks for your clarification.

I read through all the comments and I really hope I didnā€™t miss something but I just wanted to mention that I am pretty sure I remember there was a rule before that said something like "If you are a QC you need to contribute 1000(x?) Subs/segs in 6 months (or was it a year?) or you will lose your QC status. So thatā€™s nothing new! Even though it seems like everyone thinks it is :smiley:

I am pretty sure there was no way to control that before so nobody realized there was that rule(?) but I know I applied for my QC status after reading that rule and knowing it was there.

So even though I also donā€™t like deadlines I feel like personally the 500 subs are doable for me and I can finally be sure about how much I contributed. Before I knew there was this rule but I kinda had to guess on my own how many subs I did in the time period, not really knowing if I passed the needed count (and not really knowing if anyone ever checked :smiley: )

Also I really like that if you ā€œloseā€ your QC status you just need to make 500 subs again and you are in again. IF that really works and there are no error in terms of programming then that would be wayyyyy easier than having to apply again and having to wait for an answer. Just my thoughts :wink:

5 Likes

Here is another thread about the QC Program:
https://discussions.viki.com/t/whatever-happened-to-the-new-qc-program/10959/5?u=simi11

https://discussions.viki.com/t/whatever-happened-to-the-new-qc-program/10959/4

hope that helps :slight_smile:

@armchairdude
When the account showed 2954 total contributions, the QC ā€œTRAINEEā€ status said ā€œyour QC status will automatically be renewed on January 8, 2017, for another six months.ā€ BUT once I achieved QC, it said I had to contribute more to be renewed in January 2017. (https://www.viki.com/users/threemusketeers)

Despite Viki promised the automatic renewal of QC status would keep track of our contributions, the automatic renewal was TAKEN AWAY once you reached over 3000 total contributions and you had to start earning the 500 all over again.

Does Viki require Segmenters between 2000 and 3000 segments to have at least 3000 segments to be upgraded from QC Trainee to QC? Then there will be a countdown where you need 500 segments more to have the luxury to keep your QC status until January 2017. In other words, 3000 segments and subs combine will not give you QC until January 2017, But itā€™s actually 3500 minimum? This is just discouraging to QC trainees.

Pictures say a thousand word, please look at my records below. Iā€™m not adding more segments until I receive a decent explanation from you and viki.

@threemusketeers Your lifetime contributions (3480 in your case) determines your QC ā€œlevelā€ - i.e. either a QC Trainee, QC or Gold QC.

You need 500 contributions every six months to maintain your QC status, at whatever QC level you are currently at.

If during the course of clocking 500 contributions, your lifetime contributions manage to surpass the minimum bar needed for the next level, we will upgrade your QC level and reset the clock for you to get 500 contributions to maintain your QC status.

Under the previous QC program, segmenters can become QC once they have 2000 segments. Moving forward, all QCs (we are talking about QCs, not QC Trainees) must have at least 3000 lifetime contributions (segments + subtitles) in order to qualify. However, if you have been a QC under the previous program because you have 2000 segments, we will honor that even if your lifetime contribution count is less than 3000. This doesnā€™t apply in your case, since your lifetime contribution count qualifies for QC on itā€™s own.

I hope this explanation helps!

1 Like

hi,
i would like to file a complain for the first time as a member of viki since 2009 for 7 years now. I used to be a QC, but you removed that without any prior notice which i did not complain about. But since i like viki and wanted to be able to watch videos hĆØre i suscribed to viki pass which cost me 6 $cad a month. And now i see suddenly that there are some videos that i cannot watch even with the viki pass without being a QC (qualified contributor).I understand that you are probably looking for more volunteer but what is the point in paying 6$ a month if i cannot even watch all the hot dramas i want. Basically you are telling me to pay that amount just for HD video for some drama, that i could actually watch for free somewhere else. i have been with you for 7 years now and i hope you can do something about this issue as i am having second thought. thanks for your help.The way you are treating your members is surrely not the best as you are sending the impression that we do not matter that much.

I,too, have had painful hands, shoulders and back as I sit and type.
I sometimes, feel stupid for continuing to subtitle under the circumstances. I hope you find a way out of that pain.
Personally, I had to go gluten free to stop the pain.
Best of luck

Hi @onction2 - Thank you for being a Viki Pass subscriber! With Viki Pass, you should be able to watch ad-free and in HD, and also access all of the Viki Pass exclusive shows that we are licensed to broadcast for your country. If you are having trouble watching Viki Pass exclusive shows, please raise a support ticket and we can investigate and see what is wrong.

Hi.
I have a problem with this new system. I canā€™t watch the latest episodes of the dramas that iā€™m currently watching on viki. Is there something I should do to solve this problem? I hope that you can help me with that matter. Thanks.