Incomplete translation for Fantastic is really upsetting

Hello,

I’m trying to watch Fantastic, but with the English translation at 90 something % it’s more troublesome than I had anticipated. Full on dialogue lines are missing, and it’s really upsetting me.
This is a drama from 2016, not 2006.
I wish Viki would just hire some translators already ;(

1 Like

Never mind. The show is disgusting. Treating others like sub-human isn’t worth my time…

How do I delete this entire post?

1 Like

@adrianmorales to delete your post just click on dots … it will say show more and there is a trash can,
there you can dump it and it will be within 24 hours deleted.

1 Like

You can delete posts, but not topics, though… :frowning:

1 Like

Yup, I thought it was possible, but I went to one of my old topic and nada, I can’t not even remove my own comments since it’s old. I think this would be an IDEA to suggest to Viki on the community page under Help Center because old topics are aren’t actual where for example a team searched for subbers and the drama is over… it just clutters the Discussions board, I feel owners of a topic should be able to remove that thread.
Why can’t we up to now, I would also like to know.

1 Like

It might be because once it has a number of replies, you are also deleting other people’s contributions.
But it used to be possible to ask staff to do it for you. Close and also delete.

1 Like

No, it’s not very good. I mean, unless you don’t mind seeing a cheating husband with his pants down to his ankles… I do !!!

“Fanastic”
I would like to know why this Drama’s translation was never finished.That question was never answered on this thread.
Yes this was written to be a highly emotional story line.I would say they are spot on.I would still like to see it in it’s entirety.
Can anyone give an explanation as to why it was dropped by the translators so close to finish?
I realize this is all volunteer,yada,yada. But you have a lot of people paying for a Standard Pass and $9.99 per month for a Pass+ You would at least think the Viki site standard would include a finished product?
I would really like to see this completed.At lease some explanation as to why Viki decided there was no need.
Thanks

1 Like

The translations and their percentage of completion are not viki’s decision.
Sometimes, if the CM asks, viki will send a helping hand. They probably didn’t ask, for some reason.
If I were you, I would send a message to the CM (but please make it neutral, not all this “I’m paying X dollars” style). If you don’t receive a satisfactory reply, then write to the Viki Help Center: either submit a personal ticket, or to Bugs and Issues here.
You have more chances of receiving an official reply and/or getting them to do something about the issue.

2 Likes

It can be $100/ month. Viki as a service does not offer subtitles PERIOD
For your money, you are getting access to a variety of dramas and movies and shows in HD without any ads. That’s it.

If you have ever benefited from any sort of translation, it’s solely because of hard-working volunteers. At first I thought it be be rather unfair even with the free pass and goodies, but no one here has a problem with this system. Why then stick my nose where it doesn’t belong, creating problems that never existed in the first place?

Sorry you misinterpreted the Viki pass comment.This post was not about entitlement but quality.This particular Drama is not new, its completion was a year ago.
I was not aware it is up to Channel Manager as to whether or not to complete a project.I just assumed that a licensed drama had at least a standard of completeness.Most people are not aware of this.I was not.If I had know I would have directed my inquiry elsewhere.
I know it is volunteer and that it is a lot of work to subtitle these Dramas.A lot these guys are Students and I often wonder with studies and such where they find time.
They do and I appreciate it.I enjoy the translations on Viki much more than DF. I like the added info and the translations seem to translate the humor and cultural idioms better.
Thank you for your reply.I was really curious to know.

1 Like

I do not wish to be rude; Viki advertises that they have translated (subtitled) content.That is why they have a lucrative web site.It is the only reason.
So yes Viki offers subtitles and uses volunteers to provide them.
Good day.

2 Likes

Can you even advertise free work? I don’t even want to go there…
Anyway, if you live in North America, I am told that Plus pass offers content with embedded English subtitles for each episode, as part of the KOCOWA deal.

Have a good day also! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Adrian…hope all is well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That happened to me so I changed the topic into something else.lol

Not exactly. If the project is not completed it most often means the subbers ran away and the Channel Manager either is lazy and didn’t actively search for other subbers or s/he is incapable of finding them because nobody’s interested.
Sometimes the Channel Manager will disappear for various reasons (hell, s/he might even be dead in a car accident for all we know!) but the Moderators and subbers will continue on their own and eventually finish it.
So there are many possible scenarios.
I have no idea which is the case in this particular drama.

(Maybe they got pissed because of the sad ending? But it was known since the beginning, and that’s the reason I didn’t even start watching it. )

Whatever it is, it’s a good idea to stir things up by writing to people: CM, English moderators, viki. In that order.

2 Likes

Hello,

Well, I’m a selfish guy. I’ll pull through… Haa haaaa :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I’m actually concerned about you, so I wrote this poem:

Everything Will Be Alright

"As you face-off the dark praying for daylight," 
                 "I know you will never give up without a fight."
                   "Regrettably I cannot be your white knight,"
                    "But please accept this simple flashlight," 
                 "And use it to keep at bay the impending twilight." 
                      "Even if it gets sad and lonely tonight," 
                       "Just look up at the pretty skylight, 
                          "And everything will be alright."

~ The End ~
1 Like

I love it! Love it! GOD puts people on a certain path for a reason. You are that light that brings hope into my life, and I hope I can also be the light to shine whenever you feel you’re in the dark.

This poem will go into your second book of poems. Looking forward to it!

Blessings to you and your family,

Wanda

1 Like

I’m glad that you like it, just as I’m glad that I was able to meet such a wonderful person as yourself. Thank you and take care! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know right, such a waste of time, gave up on it a loooong time ago.:joy: