Introduce yourself :)

Hello :smile:
Iā€™m Diana (scarabeus). A volunteer from Poland. Iā€™m an English-Polish subtitler. Not such a long time ago, I didnā€™t even knew that drama exist. Thanks to my friend, I started being quite intrested in korean, japanese stuff, like dramas.
To be frank, I joined this community, to tick episodes I watched. Then I just wanted to see how is it to make a subtitle, and then I just made more of them. And now Iā€™m subtitling ā€œFabulous Boysā€, waiting for ā€œProducerā€ and QC for ā€œEx-Girlfriend Clubā€.
My favourite dramaā€™s ā€œKill Me, Heal Meā€. :purple_heart:
I got into the swing of it :wink:

1 Like

Hi guys!! My name is Joanie, I live in Texas, and Iā€™ve been a member here for a few years. Decided to drop by the discussion area for the first time. :smile: I like to drama hop a lotā€¦I canā€™t pay attention to one drama unless it really catches my eye. The last drama that I just binge watched was Healer. It was pretty great :smiley:

I loved HEALER!!! I hope you watched ā€˜ā€˜THE GIRL THAT CAN SEE SMELLSā€™ā€™ it was great too and different. i like dramas that donā€™t revolve only around romance but it has some kind of ACTION INVOLVED. ā€˜ā€˜KILL ME, HEAL MEā€™ā€™ was a BLAST! for me. ā€˜ā€˜WHO ARE YOUā€™ā€™ (SAW IT WAY BACK) was awesome too.ā€™ā€˜Two Weeksā€™ā€™ was great too it makes you jump and want to run (from exciting parts). i am very picky on the videos I watch because some endings are so ridiculous like NICE MAN. One thing i learned once you know who directed/wrote the film you can tell whether the ending is good or a junk There is a female writer/director that kills all! or one of her main characterā€™s. I donā€™t bother with her dramas TOO PAINFUL and ugly endings. I hate such negative vibes in dramas too depressing. lol

Omg my favourite drama is also Kill me, Heal me! You should check out Secret if you havenā€™t. The leading roles of Kill me, Heal me are also the leading roles in that drama. It is a bit darker though :smile:

Thanks! I just watched first 3 episodes of that drama ā€œSecretā€. Thatā€™s funny, that they both play together leading roles in two dramas. And that Ji Sung thoā€¦ :wink:

Thaahahah yeah, you would think that these two are actually dating in real life because of their chemisty. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I saw that in Kill me, Hill me, but for now in that beggining of the Secret drama, I canā€™t see that :stuck_out_tongue:

I stopped watching it for a couple of weeks because it was so emotional.

Really? Well, thatā€™s a good acting. Or, maybe there was a real chemistry, how do we know? :wink:

Hi :smile_cat:

My name is Zineb, Iā€™m 18 & Iā€™m from France~ I view dramas from 10 years oldā€¦ I have debuted with J-Dramas, dans since 2010 Iā€™m totally in K-Dramas (And K-Pop) :smiley:

My favourite dramas ? Hahaā€¦ I donā€™t know, I canā€™t choose ONE :person_frowning: But my favourites of the year are Healer, Hyde, Jekyll & I, Kill Me Heal Me, Mask & Hello Monster~

I debut translation (English to french) with Assembly, for instant is cool, the Mod is lovable~

I happy to join you :heart:

Hello, Iā€™m Ella.

Iā€™m an English-Tagalog (vice versa) subtitler, segmenter, moderator and other -ers here in viki that you can think of.
Addicted to K-dramas, I actually donā€™t know how I got to this state, I mean (being a k-pop fan).
I remember starting from watching animes (mostly rom-coms) and then moving on to Japanese drama ( because I ran out of anime) and then on to Korean dramas (because I ran out of J-drama to watch to my liking).

Based on my experience, the most difficult thing for me being a k-pop fan at first was to distinguish whoā€™s who (it was so difficult to remember their names and differentiate their faces, I thought all Korean looked the same (seriously). I donā€™t know what the problem was with me LMAO. Was I the only one?

The only boy group that actually really got me into kpop was EXO. I love EXOā€¦ WOO!! Hello my fellow Exostans, SUHO is mine! <3 <3 <3 Can I have Kai also? HAHA <3 <3 Whoā€™s your biases?

Hello, here it is Katrina!
Iā€™m 18 years old and I watch dramas since 2013 :blush:
Iā€™m Italian and I live in Rome, so I would like to help the community with translating sub from english to Italian. But I have some problems cause I cant fully understand what I have to do to help!
I have signed in the Ninja Academy, but in the meantime I would like to sub anyway, anything that need a help from me. I really dont know where to write to ask help (the FAQ side didnt help me with the things I would like to know, Iā€™m sorry) and I hope that with writing here I wont be any trouble
I would be really greatful if someone can help me <3

In the meantime I would like to tell you something about me. I study in a artistic college, but in these late years I started to think that my path is learning languages. I really like english but I would like to learn perfectly Korean, Chinese, Japanese and also German and Russian.
Iā€™m an addicted to dramas, almost only Korean Dramas. I really like the historical and romantic one, especially if they are dramatic ahah

Thank you for having read all this ^^ I hope I will be fine here with you all,
Katrina

Hi i am Betul from Turkey. It is nice to see many people as me . Im glad to be a member in this community. I am just obsessed with kdramas.

No I stopped watching before they even interacted with eachother. It was so emotional because the girl was so unlucky ( and also a bit stupid for taking the blameā€¦) .

Hello.
My name is Rita.
I live in the USA, from the State of Florida.
I only know English, but since I stumbled onto ā€œThe Great Queen Seondeokā€ on a service called Netflix, Iā€™ve been hooked on Korean Dramas.
Now, at 55, I am trying to learn the Korean language. On other services, the translations have been questionable in quality, so I decided to learn the language and listen to the dramas in their original language. I feel the Korean Drama experience would be more authentic, that way.
I havenā€™t learned a lot, yetā€¦but I realize that it will take years to understand the language well.
I am married and work in the television industry.
Iā€™m also a science fiction fanatic, so I am really enjoying ā€œThe Scholar Who Walks the Night.ā€

3 Likes

Hi Rita,
Try this youtube for learning Korean, if you havenā€™t already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZhOeA0RD9o

2 Likes

Yeah, I already watched all episodes and I understand what you were talking about. There was too much crying for me, it was kinda boring. Those emotionsā€¦

Thaahahahah I know right, but anywayā€¦ . If theyā€™ll do another tv show or maybe film together and you know about it, tell me! :stuck_out_tongue:

No problem, you tell me too, then. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you, ajumma2.
i remember seeing this quite some time ago, but forgot to save the channel.
i truly appreciate this.

1 Like