Introduce yourself :)

Hi everyone Im Neeyah I am from “the windy city” also referred to as Chicago. I am a African American female. I just recently became interested in K- drama and Mandarin tv shows and now Im super hooked!!! It started on Netflix with Nevertheless and Meteor Garden and the list goes on and on. I feel like I watched all the best shows that are similar to my tatse on Netflix, so now Im on this website. On Viki Im currently watching Tale of the nine- tailed and Falling into your smile. If anyone has suggestions or show recommendations please dont hesitate to let me know… THANKS :wink:

8 Likes

Welcome to the community! We’re glad to have you! Join our discussions by clicking on any topic you like here! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Tell us what you’re watching here
https://discussions.viki.com/t/what-are-you-currently-watching/25118
Search for a topic you’re interested in
If no results show up, create your own topic^^

3 Likes

My name is David. I’m a Korean-American currently residing in California. One of the things I like to do during my spare time is watching kdramas. Hope to have some fun with this community!

8 Likes

Welcome, David!!
I hope you’ll enjoy spending time with us :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You might also want to share with us what’s on your watchlist

4 Likes

welcome David,

you will enjoy all these discussions, there are a lot of great (and bad) dramas here. from laughs, anger, frustration and the rest. hope to hear from you . oh and I am from Raleigh,NC the other side of USA

4 Likes

Hello everyone, I am Xoun (soon/sun)! I recently came back after being away for years! I miss it and glad to be back.

I am always watching dramas, i.e. kdrama, cdrama, taiwanese, jdrama & thai lakorns. I am hoping to get back into subbing but until then I’ll be lurking around the discussions. :wink:

9 Likes

Welcome to Discussions from a fellow West Coaster!

Welcome back!

5 Likes

Thank you! I feel like a newbie hehehe :laughing:

1 Like

welcome and hello

3 Likes

Just chiming in on being a returnee :blush:
Last post was in 2016.
Returned this year, in February 2021!
I hope more fans return to discussions. :blush:

6 Likes

I really liked your name, Xounerthanlater.

I’ve no idea how to pronounce the ‘X’ but I’ll go with Z sound. Zounerthanlater :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

:joy: It’s ‘Sooner than later’ :joy: the twist is the X, it’s silent.
Haa-ha! :smile: And ‘mid-night moods’? Possible with a twist of knight, and moodz - midknightmoodz :laughing::face_with_hand_over_mouth::smile::woman_shrugging:t5:

Knights were medieval gentleman-soldiers, usually high-born, raised by a sovereign to privileged military status after training as a page and squire. … The knight was given a sword, a pay raise and, frequently, a plot of land. Most knights were required to be at least 21 years old.
https://www.medievaltimes.com/education/castles-and-battles/knights

3 Likes

@shraddhasingh It’s exactly the way @leerla73 explained it. :smile: The X confuses everyone.

I changed my username a few times. Hehehe midknight came from my fav. book, “A Knight in Shining Armor” and moodz from a fanclub I’m a part of.

8 Likes

I really like your ‘midknightmoodz’ username. It creates its own ambience.

4 Likes

Aww thank you! I like your username too! It’s welcoming and feels warm. :smile:

5 Likes

Thank you! That’s really sweet. :blush:

3 Likes

Hello Mariko, my name is Yuzu and I’m on the Community Team here at Viki. I’m half Emirati half Japanese, live UAE, I speak Arabic, English, Japanese, Korean, Cantonese and Mandarin. I am currently re-watching “I-Land” and sobbing,. Watching and “A king’s affection’ and ''My fair prince” and “Love at night”.
I am 25 and turning 26 this January !!
I majored in Computer Science.
Also I need friends anyone ?
I don’t care about age even if you are 12 I’d be happy to be friends with you :smiley :smiley:
And if anyone has any drama recommendations please I’m bored.
I

11 Likes

Welcome to Discussions Yuzu!
12 years? Hmm… How about an 18 years old friend? :laughing:

Have you watched Jirisan?

I am totally head over heels for this show! Don’t listen to the people who say CGI in the show is bad, there is so much more to discover about Korea through this show, the topography, the mountains, and above all, Korean history.

4 Likes

Hello, Yes of course :smile:
Nope not yet, thanks for the recommendation !

3 Likes

Welcome aboard! :wave:t5::relieved:

She created this thread, but has been away from Viki for some years. I think she does pass by, but it’s years in between, I think I read somewhere, she is traveling.

2 Likes