Introduce yourself :)

I think it’s my turn :blush:

So hi everyone ! First of all sorry for any mistakes I can do I don’t want to use some translator because I really want to improve my written English.

So I am Haccritics I am a student at university ! I love K-drama for a long time now… I am French I was bord in French and I speak French, English, Spanish and I want to learn Korean and also sign language. I can say I am an addict of K-drama :rofl: ! I love all types like comedy, romance, action, surnatural, historical…
Any French people here ?

My top 5 would be : Uncontrollably found, Crash landing on you, Move to heaven, My name, Navillera. (Bonus: Doom at your service)

Thanks everyone. Hoping to meet new people! I would be happy to talk with you in message

6 Likes

Bonsoir, mon nom est Jo pour les amis et je crois que depuis le temps on l’est devenus car on partage la même passion pour Viki et les dramas. Je suis italienne mais je vis en France depuis 12 ans et du coup voilà pourquoi je vous écris en Français. Ma passion pour les dramas surtout coréens date déjà de 5 ans et je n’arrêterais jamais de remercier les équipes des traducteurs qui nous font bénéficier à plein de ces séries. C’est grâces à ces dramas que j’ai pu me distraire quand j’avais envie de sortir de ma réalité et donc d’une certaine façon ces séries et les acteurs qui les interprètent sont ma bouée de sauvetage. Courage aussi aux autres. Un gros câlin. Votre ange gardien.

2 Likes

Bonjour, moi c’est Jo diminutif de Joséphine. Je viens de lire ton message et moi aussi j’ai appris pas mal de mots coréens. Dommage que j’ai personne dans mon entourage pour en apprendre de plus. J’adore aussi leur culture et le respecte pour les ainées. J’espère pouvoir te relire, à bientôt

1 Like

Hi all!

My name is Marije and I’ve been around on Viki for a long time (although I changed accounts at some point). I started watching kdramas around the time that boys over flowers and you’re beautiful were popular and after that continued watching a few kdramas each year. I’ve also seen some other asian dramas over time that I enjoyed as well and I hope that I’ll be able to enjoy a lot more series in the future. It’s nice to meet everyone!

6 Likes

Hey Everybody!

My name is Rachael, I go by Ray or Rach, I’ve been using Viki on and off for a while. Just for viewing a plethora of awesome shows! But now I’ve decided to join the community of Asian Entertainment enthusiasts! I grew up watching old Chinese movies with my dad, stayed up late to watch the hand drawn animes (got in a lot of scolded several times never stopped me though). :laughing:

I look forward to making some friends through here so I can chat, hum and haw, and maybe even girly squeal about what’s happening in a series we’re watching.

Thank you for opening up this community. Nice to meet you, and look forward to getting to know some of you!

5 Likes

Hi!

I’m Gem from the UK. I’ve been watching Korean dramas for a few months now (mainly via Netflix) but I have discovered Viki too :slight_smile:

I also like Disney and anime amongst other things. :grinning:

4 Likes

Olá meu nome e Kelle, tenho 40 anos, não conhecia esta sala, mais estou amando, aforo Doramas, sou Brasileira de Curitiba Paraná, estou adorando conhecer a comunidade VIKI.:piscar:

1 Like

Screenshot_20220814-200835_Messages

1 Like

Nice to have you here. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Ni Hao! My name is Lauren. I live in Nevada in the USA. I have two children, a boy who is 15 and a girl who is 11. I’ve been watching mostly C-Dramas for the last 3 years. It helped me discover my passion. I am now studying to get a degree in Asian Studies focusing on Chinese. I can’t wait to begin my life as a translator and cultural expert for all things China. I have a true heart and passion for the people and the culture. I’m already learning Mandarin, and it’s going really well considering how often I have been hearing the words and phrases over the last few years. I hope to make a friend in China so I can have a pen pal to help me even more with the culture and history. My son is even learning Mandarin with me! I love Viki and really appreciate all of you who work to give us subtitles and bridge the gap in the languages. I hope to contribute once I get more fluent in Mandarin. It’s very nice to meet you all. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

spanish is mine, just enough to get by, also I am learning Korean & Chinese

1 Like

Hi Mariko! Hi Everyone!!

My name is Mikaylah. I go by Mak. I have been in love with Viki App since 2012. I love getting to know people and making new friends! The first KDrama that got me hooked to Asian TV is Boys Over Flowers! Ever since then, I can’t stop watching lol! Haha but that is me!

4 Likes

mine too. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi my name is Heaven. I have some hobbys. I like to: Read my Bible, watch figure skating and watch k-dramas. I’m also a big fan of FS Cha Junhwan (Korea):kr: I love talking with you guys!:slightly_smiling_face: God bless all of you.

2 Likes

hi, my name is Tara

2 Likes

Ciao a tutti, sono Luana
Da pochi mesi ho scoperto la passione per i k-drama, non mi ero mai interessata prima perchè non volevo guardare serie con i sottotitoli ma ora non riesco più a smettere! non guardo altro, mi sto facendo una cultura su Netflix e ora che ho scoperto Viki… sarà la mia rovina :joy::joy:
Lieta di conoscervi tutti :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello!
I’m Chris Olson and I am interested in contributing to English translations as a General Editor. I am language-challenged, so my only language is English. I have been a communications consultant for nearly 40 years and have written a sentence or two in my time. I live on the East Coast of the United States, in Maryland overlooking the Chesapeake Bay. I am an avid gardener with a large flower garden. I have worked on the Internet BEFORE it was called the Internet. Yes. I’m that old . . . in my early 70’s. I have a YouTube channel where I share information about myself. I am also on LinkedIn and I have an antique web site. You can find me under my name: Chris Olson, if you’re inclined to poke around.

I discovered Chinese dramas during the pandemic and found myself thoroughly enjoying them. I especially like the dramas of Wallace Chung. I still work as a consultant, however in 2023 I intend to scale back my client work. I have been researching how English subtitles are produced for Chinese dramas and was thrilled to discover this Viki contributor site. I’ve read over and viewed a lot of the resources recommended on the contributor pages. I have a question: When the general editors work, are they looking at the drama action AND the draft subtitles at the same time?
I am looking forward to being a productive contributor. Your advice and insights are welcome!
Chris

5 Likes

Hello and welcome!

As a GE here at Viki, I can tell you that, yes, we are viewing the drama while editing the subtitles. The editor tool makes this quite easy. Seeing the drama while we edit is imperative because part of our job is to help maintain consistency and continuity, but we also have to determine various things like flashbacks, unseen speakers, or voiceovers, as these require changes in subtitle text format.

Once again, welcome to the Viki community. I hope you enjoy your time among fellow drama lovers, and good luck in your endeavor to contribute.

2 Likes

Hello there!.
I’m Alex, from Argentina but currently living in Panama.
I have a boy and a girl and live in a nice house in a place where it always rains (and with a lot of heat).
After 2 years living in this country and after having endured the pandemic lockdowns we started discovering korean shows. It’s now 2.5 years of korean for us and we are absolutely in love with it, we just can’t get enough.

The K-dramas has become so important in our lives that we started thinking in korean for a lot of things, we admire their culture, although not perfect, it’s rooted in relationships, love and family, things that are starting to vanish in the country where I’ve come from, sadly.

We’ve started learning some words in korean and just a month ago I’ve finally cancelled my Netflix and HBO subscription, there is just no point in paying to watch horrible shows. Korean is our new cinema.

I really like to meet like minded people, it’s very lonely here and also difficult, to move out of your motherland into a new country with an unknown culture.

We also plan on visiting korea in the future, maybe, next year?

PS: Viki is one of the best things that happened in my life. I cannot say enough good things about it.

5 Likes

2 Likes