Introduce yourself :)

Hi!
My name is Sindy and I come from province of Quebec in Canada. I listen k/c/j drama since a couple of years. I’m on Viki since 2019, but it’s now I introduce myself here. Yeah it take me a looong time! lol I’m a french speaker so maybe when to read me it’s give you some headache i’m sorry about that. It’s important to me to write in english because I can speak with more people. (and give me some pratice too)

Hmmm I’m a big k-pop fan. I like several passion such as writing (in french for the moment :slight_smile: ) , drawing, crocheting, oil painting, I sew and I would like to try embroidering too for my fun.

So nice to meet you guys! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi, my name is Yvonne…my nickname is Siuingme. I came from Indonesia…live in US. Missouri for exact ! Half Chinese and half Indonesia

4 Likes

Hello my name is evellyn i am brazilian i live in bahia🙂

3 Likes

Hi! Lovely to meet you all, I’m new to Viki Community, though I have been watching dramas (japanese and korean) for a long time and was just introduced to Viki. I hope we all have a wonderful time here :slight_smile: I would also love to contribute to some projects as a volunteer translator - starting to learn the ropes around how everything here works.
Cheers!

5 Likes

Im BeachLife. I have been watching shows on Viki forever, like even longer than my current subscription lol. But this is the first time I have ever found the rest of the website, discussions etc.

5 Likes

heyy iam Safia and I really don’t know how everything works on viki yet hahahha.
Iam from europe so my native language isn’t english

3 Likes

Hi all, I’m Sara and I live in the UK! 100% Persian (like the cat :wink:).
I am new to the community here, but not to Viki Tv :slight_smile: My first introduction to K-drama was when Farsi1 aired the show Queen of Housewives (dubbed in Persian). The show was hilarious and it was fun waiting for the new episode to come out :partying_face:
Since then, I have watched a ton of Turkish dramas (dubbed ver) and more recently, J-dramas.
Also…
Iranian cinema and serials are incredible, I’m hopeful that one day they will be on Viki for everyone to enjoy and watch :two_hearts: In the meantime, I want to start subtitling current Viki content into Persian (Farsi) :star2:

4 Likes

&

2 Likes

Ciao sono Maria dalla sicilia e adoro i drama da un pò abbonata a Viki ma oggi è il mio primo giorno qui… e ancora nn sono brava ma imparerò

4 Likes

condivido molte cose del suo post che mi ha fatto piacere leggere perchè mi ci rivedo molto… 2anni e mezzo da quando mi sono innamorata del mondo dei drama coreani da cui ne ho tratto lezioni di vita cultura e modi di vedere il mondo con occhi diversi… si perche Viki per me è stata quella piccola finestra aperta ad un nuovo mondo quando tutte le porte durante il lockdown si chiudevano… mi ritengo una divoratrice di drama.
Viki è con una biblioteca piena di libri a cui attingere e trarne insegnamento di vita.

2 Likes

Hey
As you can’t see my name is Zoé. I’m a french girl who loves learning new languages as english, spanish or even russian (so I would love to talk to native it would really help me a lot).
I can be considered as young but I am very mature (more than all my friends, but I don’t know if they are a really good comparison scale…)
I love books, series and my sweetheart: my cat!
Thanks for reading and please, excuse if I wrote some mistakes :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hello, my name is Autumn, but you can call me Aki.
I’m European, specifically French, but European works. Half Korean, but I think it’s a bit less than that.
I’m currently living in the US.
I’m hooked on While You Were Sleeping. I love Lee Jong Suk.

2 Likes

Hi, everyone my name’s Drizz, I’m a full indigenous First Nation person from Alberta Canada. I’m really into kdramas and really into Japanese anime, I started wanting to watch a bunch of kdramas but I didn’t know where I could watch them tell I found Vikki, threw a friend of mines. I’m pretty much new to the whole community so I’m happily excited! to see what comes.

4 Likes

Kelly Squared
I am not someone who posts anything online, but my absolute love of K-dramas and C-dramas has compelled this 55 year-old American mother of four want to share why I respect and enjoy these shows. I am somebody who finds humor in every situation and believes that too many people are focused on the negative and unable to put things in the proper perspective. Living in a country where violence and disregard for others has become the norm, C and K-dramas provide a light and a guide of how to live a truly good life; always reflecting the importance and respect for family. Like no other genre that I have seen (and I have been a tv/film junkie since a child) has been able to offer such a feel-good stories where we find humor in the quirks of each character as they attempt to navigate their way through some situation. We see the beauty of being human, without the need to dehumanize others or vulgarity. I enjoy all types of genres, but there is something utterly special about these. If you need to laugh out loud about the absurdities of everyday life and do not mind having people see you grinning like a fool, watch and become a fan like the rest of us.

8 Likes

olá, sou Janea, me identifiquei muito com sua postagem, concordo que o mundo precisa aprender a respeitar e amar mais uns aos outros, mas na sociedade em que vivemos cada vez menos podemos ver isso, adoro os doramas, me sinto bem em assisti-los, eles me deixam com um pouco de esperança, tento deixar um pouquinho do que aprendo fazer parte no meu dia a dia, tenho 32 anos, tenho um filho e sempre ensino ele a seguir o caminho do bem, sou casada e meu esposo tem muito ciuemes dos doramas, temos que dividir a televisão, acho divertido isso, ele gosta de futbol, nunca gostei de assistir, mas aprendo a respeitar o espaço e gosto dele, como ele o meu.
O dorama mudou muito meu espaço e tempo, mas fiquei encantada com esse mundo e sou muito feliz. Prazer em conhecer Srª Kelly, e termos o mesmo pensamento.

2 Likes
      Hi my name is katie, Ukrainian, live in london, studing and doing job for living. I love reading Manga and Manhwa. I do love to watch anime too... As of now.... I am extremly geeting into this k-drama stuff after watching "true beauty" i love both version, e-book and series, looking forward to see more for a good interesting stories

Thankyou…

2 Likes

@casciomariagiuseppa , @bilby_z, @auttygotty, @genshin_101, @kellytwice67_421, @streckjanea_717, @kat_fight :blush:

:wink: Welcome Back! @streckjanea_717,
I took the liberty of google translating your post. Hopefully @kellytwice67_421 gets a chance to read your reply. (⁠✿⁠^⁠‿⁠^⁠)

2 Likes

╭─━🍎━🍋━🥝━🍇━🍐━🍈━🍓━🍏━─╮

Hello, I'm Kim! Nice to meet you all.

╰─━🍏━🍋━🥝━🍇━🍐━🍈━🍓━🍎━─╯

3 Likes

Hi
I have been a fan of Asian romantic comedies for a year.
My native language is Polish, but I also speak English and Russian. I’m learning Korean and Chinese.
I can translate subtitles from English into Polish or Russian. From Korean and Chinese maybe in a year :wink:
I think learning Korean and Chinese will help me segment videos better.
Nevertheless, I would like to focus on translating from English into Polish.
Regards
Zibi

5 Likes

Hello, I go by BLB. I am somewhat new to Viki. I started a YouTube channel that recaps BL series, and I am currently watching Candy Color Paradox. Oh, and I am also learning Danish!

4 Likes