Irrelevant Timed Comments

I guess this guy might have had a chemistry exam the next day but also wanted to watch The Great Shaman Ga Du Sim

8 Likes

what on EARTH :joy::joy::joy: there are all kinds of people here

4 Likes

Moderators can remove them right?

@shraddhasingh you can remove them, I think as they are irrelevant.

4 Likes

You can’t force people to do that. If someone wants to post a recipe for homemade mayonnaise :yum: during an episode of The Devil Judge, why not? What’s stopping them?

Personally, I don’t like them. So Viki was kind enough to add a toggle that removes them entirely should you want that, while allowing everyone else to post away. I think it’s the best of compromises.

Viki did an awesome job. And now, it’s up to each and every one of us to be nice and respectful. But again, you can’t be the boss of anyone. Free Speech as long as it’s not offensive or illegal.

2 Likes

I think Free Speech is overrate. Sure people should have it as a basic right but it should not be totally unrestricted to the point where people can spout hate speech and there should be legislation to:

Summary
  • 2 egg yolks

• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard

• 250ml sunflower oil

• 2 tsp white wine vinegar or lemon juice

• STEP 1

Tip the egg yolks and mustard into a bowl, season with salt and pepper and whisk together until completely combined. Whisking constantly, add a small drop of oil and whisk until completely combined, then add another drop and continue a drop at a time until the yolks and oil combine and start to thicken. Once you’re confident the oil and eggs are coming together you can add the oil a bit more at a time, but be patient, as adding the oil too quickly will cause the mayonnaise to split and curdle.

• STEP 2

Once all the oil has been whisked into the eggs and you have a thick, spoonable mayonnaise, whisk in the vinegar or lemon juice and season to taste. *Will keep in the fridge for two days.

See how annoying it is when it’s irrelevant?

4 Likes

Agreed! Also, thank you so much for the recipe. :heart: :yum:

3 Likes

You couldn’t have said it better.

2 Likes

I side with @kaorikazehaya that the TC should be about the video people are watching.
I :green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::orange_heart: J-Hope :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: BTS ARMY
For those of us who find the TC very useful and entertaining, the irrelevant comments are an absolute
annoyance, driving some people to want TC gone altogether.
Who is reading this post in 2021???:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
There have been times when I’ve lost track of a drama or there were no T/N: notes, where TC proved invaluable. “Wait? General Sun-Gung has returned from battle? Who? What battle?”
I usually turn TC off so I can concentrate on the drama and the subtitles. When I was watching Doom at your service and turned on TC at a scene where God was in the body of the girl in the hospital and the comments were “Dora the destroyer” I was languishing my head off because she did look like Dora the explorer, what with the actress’ height, build and the haircut she had.
Here in INDIA 15/03/2019 12:23
As you have said yourself, you don’t particularly like TC, but for those of us who do, it’s the irrelevant comments that are the annoyance.
legendas em portugues por favor :pray::pray::pray::pray::heart:
It’s all very well to advocate the freedom to do whatever they want, but look at what they do with it. They’re like people who graffiti the very environment which they live in, leaving it up to volunteers to clean up after them to make the place a bit bearable.
Yeah, sure

but it takes so little effort to to fulfill

in TC, yet it seems they can’t be bothered to engage even the lowest gear in their brain to do so.

22/09/2020 watching from Brazil :green_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart:

4 Likes

Probably, Viki TCs gave her the name Dora. Once someone said that in an early episode, rest of the TCs followed up with different funny stories about Dora.

TCs are also very helpful when I see a familiar face in an episode but can’t recall where I’ve seen them. TCs butt in with there “Ohhhh, Mama! Court Lady Choi!”. So, I’ve somewhat a love hate relationship with TCs.

4 Likes

When I go to clean TCs, I have some keywords that I search for. Of course, I can’t go through thousands of TCs.

The very first are the people who mark their attendace in TCs.

Some keywords that might be helpful for others (you know
 ctrl+f)

• :purple_heart: (once there is this heart, Army will follow)
  • 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
  • Country flags
  • Cuss words
  • Legendas, Español, italiano, subtitles
  • %
  • Country names
  • BTS, blackpink, exo, astro
  • Army, Exol, blinks
  • language names
  • 

5 Likes

Ha Ha, I do that a lot, often jumping out to Cast and looking up which drama they’ve been in just to satisfy the itch.:joy:

6 Likes

And every actor that comes on screen looks exactly like some BTS member :roll_eyes:

:joy::joy: sometimes I get so annoyed because some people seem to skip the entire episode and then come asking dumb questions
 I’m the type of person who can’t sit still watching such things, so I pause and take the time to give answers :expressionless::flushed:

This is why I love the TCs :joy::joy: I’ve had no end of fun with those. I love it when someone starts such funny trends in the TCs and everyone goes along with it
 There was a drama where everyone kept betting on who the criminal was, with the money soaring and people mocking and teasing those who “lost” money. And one where the entire TCs were filled with the most greatest, most elaborate torture method ever invented by human minds because the main characters were too stupid to find the villain. :joy: And I’m Not A Robot had me dying of laughter because either the drama was being hilarious or the TCs were.

However, it sometimes kills the mood
 I’d be sobbing about a sad scene and happily drowning in my tears
 and then some weirdo points out something very funny about the characters and I can’t help but switch to laughing even though I’m thoroughly annoyed that person interrupted my weep fest.

But they’re also helpful when some written thing hasn’t been translated
 there are helpful people who translate it in the TCs.

So yes, like @shraddhasingh, I have a hate-love relationship with the TCs. I just switch it on when I want and switch ot off when it gets annoying, then switch it on again because I love them.

6 Likes

I like TC and miss them when watching on a different channel.

• I ignore stupid comments like crying for subs, swearing and some alien characters

• I enjoy seeing when folks comment from what state or country they are

• I read comments that are story related guessing next step or suspecting a person or act
  • I enjoy comments that explain historical facts
  • I relate to comments when a scene is really stupid that someone just writes out :wink:

So overall it just adds more to entertainment, especially during covid times, where you can’t participate socially or have to show always a certificate although the vaccine/Prophylaxe isn’t protecting you from getting infected
 :open_mouth::disappointed_relieved:

6 Likes

Would they see your answer?

1 Like

I don’t switch them on because they won’t let me fell the emotions properly

3 Likes

I often turn on TC just to see the type of comments around a sad scene just to gauge how well they produced the scene. The more “I’m crying right now” (or the occasional “those Ninjas are cutting onions again” which amuses me no end) with obligatory :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: or :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:
and the odd “I didn’t cry”
Contrast this with some period/wuxia C-dramas which for some reason likes to kill off significant characters, maybe for emotional clout, who knows :man_shrugging: is often met with a barrage of “WTF! Kill the writer! :rage::rage::rage:” “Did they just kill the second lead?” rather than the usual crying comments. Oh dear, not quite the reaction they were expecting? :rofl:

6 Likes

It’s for anyone else in the future who feels the urge to do the same things and ask the same questions again.

:joy::joy:wuxia dramas love doing stuff like that
 I’m glad for the Law of Kdrama Writer Mercy which most kdrama writers adhere to. Chinese historical dramas, on the other hand, LOVE the surprise involved in killing the best characters, because they’ve already exposed the entire plot in the theme song anyway. They have nothing to lose :expressionless:

I find it amusing that people want to tell the world that they didn’t cry :joy: “No, I didn’t cry. I am strong. I am not impressed easily.”

5 Likes

It’s actually in the Timed Comments Policy to keep it relevant to the show. So if a moderator goes in to clean up the TCs, that recipe, mentioning the actress looks like whichever BTS member, where you’re watching from, dozens of emojis, etc. are all subject to removal

• When posting Timed Comments, please keep them related to the show or scene. Any technical feedback, subtitle availability and/or quality comments are subject to removal.

There’s also a rule about spoilers in the general Viki Comment Policy, but no one ever does it, so except in something like Hwarang where it’s every 5 minutes (ok, that might be an exaggeration) when I see them I add a comment over top.

• Always add “SPOILER” in all caps at the beginning of your comment or timed comment as a warning
4 Likes

This comment here cracks me up! It just proves how much people know about the products they’re paying for.

7 Likes

lol at least it’s not the other reaction: “WHERE ARE THE SUBS THIS IS NOT WHAT I PAID FOR!”

3 Likes