Is it just me or has the main Viki website been infuriatingly slow recently?

Not solved, the pages are loading sooo slow. It’s driving me crazy, when I want to answer subbers requests and each message is loading for 20 seconds or more.

1 Like

I notice the same thing I thought it was my internet but its fine, them I thought I had a virus and it’s was not the reason. As time goes by I notice it’s not me but maybe they are moving servers or something. Overall I try to still maintain myself and watched a view old drama’s but I hope this get fixed soon. fighting Viki

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

Thank you for writing in and we appreciate you taking the time to do so! We’re aware of this and our engineering team is currently looking into it.

Best,
Camille
Viki Community Team

1 Like

Thank you for taking action. I just got mail that this problem should have been solved, but every page is still running slow. First it took me 30 seconds, now it’s 12. Agreed, there’s some progress here, but still…not good.
Perhaps you guys should invest in more servers? It shows Viki has become more popular, let’s hope it stays that way :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s a very polite post.

As of Nov. 19, 2019, I’m still having the same problem! No matter which browser I use. I pay for VIKI and get better service from the free sites (which I end up going to while waiting for a selected drama or episode to load on Viki I end up watching a good minute of the episode somewhere else before Viki finishes loading the same drama. Really really frustrating and not acceptable for a paid product.

2 Likes

@lorradear_56

Ask them for a refund and maybe that will get them to pay attention to your ongoing issue. I predict this site is going down at the pace is going right now.

1 Like

I am having same issue since past 2 weeks. It works fine on phone and smart tv app but browsers have been painfully slow.

1 Like

having the same issue

1 Like

Two issues I’ve started noticing on Discussions:
1-The pics of people who reply to a post are supposed to appear on the right side of each post, but It only shows the person who replied last and the original poster. If the last reply was by the original poster, then only that appears.
2- The number of views of recent posts are almost always zero, no matter how many people have viewed and replied.
Am I wrong?

Yeah same here… Regret to pay 1 year membership already, Netflix a lot better!!!

Its the Chrome, all the apps and everything run fine, chrome is extremly slow loading.

I had the same issue. Running Chrome on OSX Catalina. I had to clear my cache. Under SETTINGS-PRIVACY and SECURITY, CLEAR CACHE. Resolved the performance issue for me.

I’m having slow loads when i click video’s. the website itself loads fine but when i click videoes its slow. I tried clearing cookies and the cache it did not help

can anyone help, the videos load slow in Chrome, they work fine on microsoft edge but i prefer chrome. I did clear the cache and cookies and did not help.

I use Opera and it’s fine. And it doesn’t spy on you. You could try it. It’s based on Chromium too, so it shouldn’t feel foreign to you.

time to fire your engineers !
my equipment: VikiPass Standard…Windows 10 Pro…Chrome, up to date AND cleaned up…Super PC…100Mbps internet…
location Chicago, USA.

streaming is fine,
what people complain about here is the website itself, browsing the Viki.com website on a PC is very slow,
it’s frustrating to try to find something, every page needs between 5-10 seconds to load.
And please don’t say it’s my internet or PC, i understand computers and networking very well.
Everything else on my machine is FAST except Viki.com.

It is NOT Chrome’s fault, same issue with Edge and New 2020 Edge

It has been like this for more than a year now. Please do something about this, you are losing customers.
Again, please, pretty please fix this. Thank you and have a great day. Jyb

2 Likes

camiille is moving to the Marketing Team. There was a post about it the other day.

On the other hand, this sort of technical thing I think belongs to the Help Center.
Either on the Community forum (it’s not bugs anymore, they changed the title? Confusing) or by submitting a request/opening a ticket.

OK,
I reposted in the Help Center.
Thank you all for your good work.
Have a awesome day.
Jyb

1 Like

I also agree. My internet is over 100 Mbps and the cause has to be with Viki. The home page contains too much information and is difficult to navigate. I just want to see the ratings and the latest releases. Let a person search for special dramas if they want instead of trying to look the same as Netflix. Refer to http://www.koreandrama.org/whats-showing-now/ - it is simple -gives a lot of info -loads fast.