It's raining badges!

I wonder how to get the iOS badge, I don’t have an ipad myself but I installed the Viki app on my parents one ages ago so I can use Viki on there too with my account when I want but I don’t have that badge yet. Do I really need to reinstall? :stuck_out_tongue:

You may be right. I have it in the mobile and the tele, and no badge… maybe one needs to have watched a certain number of episodes in them.

Wowow thanks for talking about this here. I’m not even a QC but got 2 badges :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

That’s new! I hope I get that one : ) Thanks for the update. I’m so excited. I thought I’d be stuck with one badge 4ever.

http://blog.viki.com/2014/06/new-learn-how-to-earn-fun-subtitling.html

Wonder about that Android badge. I am quite often on Viki on my phone :stuck_out_tongue: I rarely watch sth on my laptop, I am always watching from my phone.

Well, After the message that I’ve received about how there will be only designated subtitlers for the on air shows to make things faster and more efficient, it all starts to make a lot of sense. These new badges are the same, an incentive for us to translate more. I like them, but bearing in mind that what we do is volunteer and very happily at that, I’m not sure if I should look at them as a nice bit of fun… or a carrot in front of my face to walk further whenever they want, if you know what I mean… Also, I wonder if this will affect the quality of the subtitling.

I get what you’re saying. My reaction was :confused: I actually like the designated subbers idea but I’m going to miss the segmenting lock. There are quite a few people who just mess around and do random subs/segments : (

Yes, only time will let us see if these changes will be effective with those episodes that are stuck, or if they will add pressure to the work of the most experienced and productive subtitlers and segmenters. In some cases, designating people may be the only way to avoid delay and damage in work already done.
On the other hand, I can’t see myself doing more nor less work just because of the badges…

True that. People who really want to help will do it regardless.

We’re so glad that everyone loves the badges! Every time you get a badge, it should say how many more subtitles or segments you have to go until the next one.

Also, Channel Manager and Moderator badges are on their way!

If you don’t see badges on your profile page yet but think you should have them, please go to a subtitle editor. Once there, you should get the notifications that you have badges!

So glad you guys love them!

2 Likes

Is there anyway to find out how many left until the next level later on? say two weeks after that message comes up? (Short of me sitting here with a calculator :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

The Thai titles one is so cute!

My fav badge after the old school one (which was my first)!
Thou, I also want a Taiwan one !!

1 Like

Anyone know how often badges get updated? The ones with a count/level anyway.

Not like at which number of subs/segments, but like… Once you hit the next level, do they automatically update or what?

I know what you mean - one day I logged into Viki and suddenly kept getting these notifications one after another (loved it) :smiley:

the badges update automatically. they´are categorized by color, white = 300, blue = 1000, green = 10000, pink and gold = 100000, just reach the next goal and your badge will change

That’s what I would’ve thought.
But after my segment count passed 100000, the segments badge didn’t update, so…

And I think pink is for 50000.
For the subtitler and segmenter badges though, there are two different pinks for 50000 and 100000.

I think 100000 is the highest badge for the time being and there are two different pinks
one for segmenter (light pink 50000) and another one for subtitler (dark pink 100000)

There is a badge for subtitler(500 000) It is grey. I think that it is the highest badge

@scircus maybe you should PM a viki mod or write the help center. You should get a red segger badge.