It's raining badges!

I got mine too ! :smile:

3 Likes

Agreed! manually adding them sound like a ton of work! Thank you @dee for doing it though, we all appreciate it.

1 Like

I was very impressed to learn that it was done manually. I am very pleased with the badge, and all this wait made it certainly different form the others.I do hope you all realise that I was just having some fun, very specially when you all little devils starting notifying that you got yours. The fact that so many of us got it is actually a good sign of our dedication. Congratulations everybody for it!

2 Likes

You mean that people canā€™t recognize a concept or an idea without people on them? I donā€™t think itā€™s that hard to do badges that say something like Hindi in Hindi, etc. Since there are many languages of India, itā€™s not that far fetched. You could also use the national flag of india for Hindi, and then use the specific provinces. Or have the flag of India with Hindi written over the top in hindi. Then other languages of India can be done similarly. As a creative concept itā€™s not that creative since people have been doing it forever, but itā€™s a simple solution, because anyone of any race, nationality or creed could learn Hindi. Languages do that, but you limit and create problems if you assign that languages only belong to certain looking people.

If one is so inflexible that they only think people can represent a language, they shouldnā€™t be a graphic designer to begin with. Iā€™m pointing out, though, that putting people on badges is problematic. How to solve it is up to Vikiā€™s graphic designers. Iā€™m not going to impinge on someone elseā€™s creativityā€“Iā€™m sure they can figure out something more clever. But putting people on badges runs into issues and goes against what Viki seems to stand for.

I understand what you mean and I agree with some things you say. Itā€™s your opinion and I respect it.

Maybe you could suggest viki your ideas and write them about your concern ? If you want to :slight_smile:

If only thereā€™s a badge for Vietnamese too :frowning:

I was thinking the same thing.

I wish we could have drama badges too! like the ones weā€™ve watch.
and also pinoy badge please :slight_smile:

I just crossed the 50K line for segments. Does anyone else know how long it takes for the badge update? (Iā€™m excited for that pink pair of scissors!)

2 Likes

I think mine took like two weeks. But I donā€™t know if thatā€™s a standard or it just happened that way.

got my first one today, itā€™s like when you play games and reach an amount of points and get a badge, lol, funny though, gives you more that community member feel :smile:

Wow! Congratulationsā€¦ Pink?.. ha ha ha! So thatā€™s the colour I may have in some yearsā€¦ :wink:

Ok, soā€¦ I feel a bit awkward, because after all this time and so many posts, I still canā€™t find the key for the badgesā€™ colour change, nor have we truly stated it. Being in the low numbers, (less than 9000 subtitles yet :frowning: ), Iā€™m afraid Iā€™ll need some help from you all. Letā€™s see if we can complete it:

Up to 300: White
1000: Blue
10000: Green
50000: Pink?
100000: Pink? Yellow?
500000: Golden with stars?

According to mag11 and scircus in previous posts, there are two different pinks for 50000 and 100000. Is that certain, then? Because for such a huge increase, one would definitely expect a very distinctive colourā€¦ like a humongous badget framed in neon colours ha ha ha!

@popsicles Looked around on a few profile pages.

There are like two sets of colors; oneā€™s for language/genre and the otherā€™s for subtitling/segging count. Not sure if the first sets are complete; I only really saw 4 levels for each. And thereā€™s like a rainbow of colors for the other set.

7 Likes

How beautifully displayed! Thank you very much for your help!. Itā€™s fantastic! They look really pretty altogetherā€¦ and they must not have been easy to find! Wow! Iā€™m still checking them out as I writeā€¦ :slight_smile:

Itā€™s happened again! But this time with the badges in the discussion section. Yes, those golden tarts that ā€¦ can also be silver, it seems. After spending months with the little welcome oneā€¦ sudenly I have 5! The funny thing is, I donā€™t know what half of them mean :slight_smile: So I went for a little snoop around my fellow postersā€¦ and found out thereā€™s a big rangeā€¦ and I still donā€™t get their meaning very much. Still, thank you for them Vikiā€¦Iā€™ll try to increase my collection.

Here is the link if any of you want to check them out: http://discussions.viki.com/badges

1 Like

Does anyone knows how to get the J-drama badge?Itā€™s so cute <3 Iā€™ve got 5964 subtitles done from The real-answer - Validation inspectress. Is it considered as a J-drama? Thanks! :sunny:

You should really be getting it! I was given mine by subbing anime, which is great, because I got both badges at the same time. Just wait a couple of days. If not, contact Viki and ask them.

There are two JDrama badgesā€¦ one is the little origami bird and the other is a strange looking orange Jet (?).
I would request the Origami bird from the help desk. As Im pretty sure you earned it with your subs. (BTW nice!)

The other one has been retired and I think was only offered when Viki first got Jdramas.