[K-DRAMA] Korean subtitles (한글 자막) missing from ep. 07-09 of "The Legend of the Blue Sea"- I'll be stuck up, sir!

Yes- dear Korean (also English) subtitlers, I greatly appreciate your hard work. But I’ve promised to myself to watch this show “푸른 바다의 전설” mainly based on Hangeul (Korean) transcript and comparing it with my native language . Even it takes 2-5 days to finish just one episode, even I’ve to look up into digital dictionary for uncountable times, it has become more than a hobby to me! But almost all the episodes (ep 1-13) that have already uploaded contain around 95% Hangul subtitles just except episode 07 to 09 ( most probably- episode 07- 2%, episode 08- 20%, episode 09- null! ) . So I won’t be able to move on episode 07 without your hangeul subs, dears ! 제발 도아주세요! 저는 기다립니다! I’m an experienced subtitler at subscene & youtube- so I’ve already started volunteer works in subtitle section- with my native language (Bangla), second language (English) and basic Korean knowledge, I also promise to repay the debt by doing more and more volunteer works with my skills on VIKI in future!

2 Likes

We don’t have assigned Korean subbers. Thus, most of the time, the people transcripting the drama are either native Korean (most of the time they actually live in Korea) or they do it based on the official scenario/transcript given by the broadcaster. It takes a very long time to do and the people doing it are doing it whenever they feel like doing it, since we, English subbers, can sub without them.
I assume that you are quite good in English so maybe you could just pass on those episodes and watch them in English. And you can also use the English translation to also translate in your own language.
It’s the first time I’m seeing someone complaining about Korean subtitles lol.

4 Likes

Many many thanks for your kind reply :slight_smile: . Perhaps such a post is posted here for the first time because- I’ve made such a tough promise to myself for the first time! :stuck_out_tongue: Actually, as I started getting acquainted with grammatical rules of Korean, I found many similarities in sentence structure with my native language unlike English. After that it took a year for me to acquire minimum reading capability! Then I’ve chosen only this drama series to test & improve my basic Hangeul skill mainly because of my favorite “sassy” heroine! May be I was too hopeful checking around 99% Hangeul subtitles in “별에세 온 그대” (that I previously watched using English sub, so will re-watch later! ) & finding over 90% Hangeul sub for this drama! So now- what to do- not so much like Cheon Song Yi/Shim Cheong, but I’m a bit good at waiting! Then- I wish to wait for more 2-3 weeks! In the meantime,my final exams will be started and finished and heaven (also Korean subbers!) may bless me to fulfill my wish- That’s all! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Legend of the blue sea is less popular than My Love From The Star :blush: I’m sure that in a couple months the drama will be fully subbed. It’s also because the drama is still on air that it is not fully subbed in Korean, most of the time, the Korean subs are finished after the drama finished to air ^^

3 Likes

The one who’s been doing Korean captions on this drama is really busy. There is another subber who likes captioning but she is on vacation right now so she probably won’t be doing it for a couple weeks. I’ll let her know that you are waiting when she comes back. Please don’t take it as a promise that it will be done though. :blush:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot! I feel so hopeful now :slight_smile:

I know- it’s so so much wrong with me but I can’t help myself checking every single day- even the night before final exam! So that I had found a week ago- hangeul sub of episode 7 is completed upto 54%, became much hopeful and it’s stuck in there til today. :slight_smile: I know- korean subber/s are extremely hard-working and at the same time so busy too ( specially in making the subs of recent episodes)- hence it will be obviously completed someday- Then just to say- 화이팅, 아직도 기다립니다! :slight_smile:

I’m here again just to thank for completing 한글 자막 for episode 7 - 대단히 고마워습니다! Now only waiting eagerly for episode 8 (& then 09!) - 화이팅! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello ladies (and gents?)

sorry to interfere, for I’m not in The Blue Sea-Team.
I’m just to say that I’m also thankful for the Korean caption, when I’m doing subtitles.

If the English translations are not really clear for me, I compare the sentences in Englisch(learned but about to forget :joy:) and German(my native language), but Korean is much more similar to Japanese (my first mother language). Although I only understand just the gist in Korean, it offers me sometimes a lot more hints of origin nuances.

Members of Blue Sea Team who’s looking here, please be tough and fit for the last episode!
Don’t let you down by rushing comments of “I pay for Viki pass but why no subs?”-people!
Fighting!!:sparkles::dizzy::heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Just updating my current status- I’m now an active member of subbers team @“The Legend of the Blue Sea”- mainly doing Bengali subtitles @Viki and today got QC status for my contribution :slight_smile: . So I’m still carrying on my promise and repaying the debt to kind subbers by volunteering here :slight_smile: My bunch of thanks go to Korean subber/s for providing 한글 자막 (korean sub) - that still is keeping my interest for practicing some hangeul, then comparing with and subbing in my native language Bengali at the same time :slight_smile: Many thanks to English subbers and other subbers too :slight_smile:

2 Likes