K-Drama Recommendation

The Greatest Love - a Hallyu star falls for a washed up ex girl group singer. (romcom)
Pasta - a head chef falls for a lowly cook in a restaurant that he runs. (romcom)
Thank you - the life of a single mom who cares for a senile father and an AIDS infected young daughter. (melodrama)
Biscuit Teacher Star Candy - a teacher who goes back to teach at a high school she went to which ends up turning into a love triangle between her, an art teacher and a troubled student. (romcom)
Coffee Prince - a chaebol heir falls for a guy who is actually a girl pretending to be a guy. (romcom)
Scent of a Woman - a chaebol heir falls for a woman with terminal cancer but she doesn’t tell him. (romcom-melo)
Painter of the Wind - the life of a female painting prodigy who lived as a man during the Joseon Dynasty. (sageuk/period drama). Since this one is a historical drama, you might not like it but it’s a good drama and the soundtrack alone makes it worth watching.

1 Like

Heartless City is really great. Jung Kyung Ho is incredible in this drama.

Scent of a woman is a little bit sad but you can watch it, I promise you !

1 Like

LOL if I get free wifi at the airports on Sunday I know what I’ll be watching than stuck for close to 5 hours in NY and than another 5hours in New Delhi booooooooooooo

You will make a World tour watching dramas in the same time ?

Hi Guys! I’m back! I need more recommendations hahaha :))
I watched Cunning Single Lady and I think it was ‘ok’ :))
Watched Moon Embracing the sun and its super awesome :))
Also watched Gu Family Book got bored a little but I still kept going :))
Just finished Angel Eyes also :)) It started out really good but it lost its “greatness” somewhere in the middle.

I’ll try You’re all surrounded and Doctor Stranger as soon as they are finished :))

Any more recommendations guys? :)) Thanks!!

1 Like

Sungkyunkwan Scandal ( K-drama, 20 episodes) :  set in Sungkyunkwan University in the late Joseon era; woman dress up and act as a guy. Very funny drama, light romantic comedy.

The princess’ man (K-drama, 24episodes)  : Chosun dynasty version of “Romeo and Juliet”. Very good drama, it doesn’t has a sad ending.

Incisive great teacher : (C-drama, 45 episode) : I liked the beginning, funny and charming, but is not
yet translated in English, only the first episodes. “Woman dress up and act as a guy”; theme.

" Emperor decrees that women may now attend classes in a school. But his effort to promote gender equality was opposed by the traditional forces. To ensure smooth integration, special agent Liu Ao Tian was sent to the school to be a teacher. He brought with him a group of highly diverse students to challenge the school’s age old tradition. "

Considering so many said Sungkyunkwan Scandal I think this has to be your next drama :smile:

1 Like

Ok got it :)) I actually don’t like historical drama that much :)) and I also don’t like dramas where the girl pretends to be a boy -_- like You’re Beautiful :)) I just watched it but did not like it a lot :)) I only watched the moon that embraces the sun because my friends wanted me too and it turns out to be good :)) But as much as possible I do not like historical hahaha anymore recommendations? :))

Secret (K-drama, 16 episodes): melodrama, romance
Who are you  (K-drama,16 episodes): mystery, melodrama, romance

Prime Minister and I , romantic comedy

“Prime minister and I” is an ok drama, but not great.
You can also try:
“Lie to me”: poor girl – rich guy pretend to be married. Very enjoyable to watch.

“My princess”: funny, light drama about the relationship between a college girl who found out she’s a descendant of the emperor of Korea and a rich spoiled boy assigned to tutor her.

“City hunter”: a drama with Lee Min Ho who is trained to be a killer and live a double life. He falls in love with a presidential bodyguard.

“Love rain”: depicts a love story between two students majoring in art in the ‘70s and later in the present day between their children.

@AndradaRo trying to watch Secret :slight_smile: is ‘Who are you?’ scary? :)) I already got scared in Master’s Sun :)) if it gets any scarier in Who are you, I wont be able to handle it haha :))

@Inna_R Hi! I have seen those already :)) I agree with your comments although I did not like Lie to Me that much though :slight_smile:

@shobe_tj_tan_84 : Secret is a very good drama,but try not to be dissapointed after watching the first two-three episodes, who are not so promising It all change after. I saw this drama twice. Is not a brighter drama, but neither noir ,like Heartless city, it’s more living life in the shades of gray.

Well it’s a pity you don’t like historical dramas because Jumong, Legend of the first king four god’s(both are about the creation of Joseon) and The Moon that Embraced the Sun are must watch even if you are not a historical drama fan, so you can try those 3 though.
Also some great dramas in my opinion are: Nine times time travel, Time Slip Dr Jin, Rooftop Prince, Queen In Hyun’s man, Faith, My love from another star,Gu Family Book, God’s Gift 14 Days(all this time travel korean dramas), Bridal Mask, Level 7 Civil servant, Prime Minister and I, Emergency Couple, Lie to me, City Hunter, King 2 Hearts, Witch Amusement, 49 days, Sad Sonata, Stairway to heaven, Winter Sonata, Two weeks, Take care of the young lady, Boys Before Flowers, I hear your voice, Doctor Stranger and Triangle.

Doctor Stranger, Triangle and You’re all Surrounded are definitely must watch!
I agree with you about Moon embracing the sun,also Gu Family Book is a good one in the end, but have you seen Legend of the First King four God’s or Jumong? if not you must try them.

Gap Dong acting and story was great Ryoo Tae-Oh seriously creeped the hell out of me I know Lee Joon is apparently this super goofy cute K-Pop star but I swear the dude must be faking it ALL an act don’t believe him he really is evil!!! I hope he wins an award for his acting he did an amazing job :smiley: coughs this is a drama about a serial killer and his copy cat not my usual cup of tea but I LOVED IT just finished too so you don’t have to die waiting for the next episode

Well most of the ones i would recommend @melliebean_2 posted them, but if you also want some old fun,
My name is Kim Sam Soon
Hana Yori Dango
Fated to Love you
Grand Chef kimichi battle
autumn concerto

@swan5_283 Thanks! Although I have seen most of what you recommended :)) I love Nine Times Time Travel, Rooftop Prince, Queen In Hyun’s Man, My Love from Another Star and I hear your voice :)) I’m just waiting for Doctor Stranger and You’re All Surrounded to finish :))

@melliebean_2 Is it scary or just creepy? :)) It is already in my watchlist since Kim Ji Won is there :))

@umno Thanks!!

Do you guys also know any good melodramas? :))

1 Like

So you are a time travel drama lover, me too. Those were my all time favourite but also you can try( if you didn’t seen them allready ) A Gentleman’s Dignity, Time Between Dog and Wolf, Temptation of an Angel, Save the last dance for me, Cinderella man or Hanoi Bride.

coughs well I’m a bit of a chicken I’ll be the first to admit so for me I can’t watch Gap Dong as the last drama of the night or I have nightmares :smiley: But it’s more creepy I would say :stuck_out_tongue:

‘You’re all surrounded’ is worth looking at it’s on the last few now so you can have a great marathon getting up to this weeks episodes. For week-end watching go for ‘Glorious Day’ lovely story and great cast. I think all the others have mentioned some more I’d recommend also. Good luck with your choices.