[Kdrama] Saimdang, Light's Diary 師任堂:光的日記 - Recruiting English-Chinese/Korean-Chinese Subtitlers

:arrow_forward: Saimdang, Light’s Diary 师任堂:光的日记 - Recruiting English-Chinese/Korean-Chinese Subtitlers.

Do you love to subtitle or translate?
Do you wish to encourage the love, learning and understanding of Chinese language and culture - including ancient Chinese and Confucian teachings - that are quite prevalent in South Korea during the Joseon era, as depicted in this drama?
Are you effectively bilingual (Chinese and English or Chinese and Korean)?

If your answers are all affirmative and you’re keen to participate and keen to help, please drop me a PM @jadecloud88 PM link. Welcome on board! I look forward to ‘working’ with you. :panda_face:

Btw…
1.The target language is Traditional Chinese format (befitting of the era depicted in the drama). However, if you are fluent in Simplified format, don’t let it stop you. It isn’t difficult to convert from Simplified to Traditional format. :cake:
2.The schedule will not be as pressing as the Korean to English subtitling is. The goal is accuracy+completion, not speed. :slight_smile: :checkered_flag:
3. I don’t know how popular Viki is as a platform for viewers seeking to watch non-Chinese dramas with Chinese subtitles, but I’d personally love to encourage the trend here.:tulip:

5 Likes

Hey… fellow Chinese literate Vikians and viewers… any taker out there? If you want to improve your Chinese, or have a better understanding of Confucian/Chinese/Korean teachings, this is an excellent opportunity! I’m learning more on the go too :slight_smile: 请快来凑热闹,帮个忙,好吗?:scream:

Hey… fellow Vikians and viewers who are literate in Chinese but want to improve your English, please join me. I’m sure you’ll have nothing to lose but better English (and better Korean too) to gain. :slight_smile:

2 Likes