"L 💜 VER'S of The Red Sky" Come And Watch/Discuss

The opening credits (watercolor splashing across the screen) of Lovers of the Red Sky are quite similar to the opening credits of Bossam: Steal the Fate. I have higher hopes for this production. Bossam was a letdown for me.

3 Likes

That was kind of my take on the situation as well. Now I’m nervous because Junho’s new drama is a historical where they are using real historical figures. I hope all goes well for that one.

5 Likes

I also watched the first 2 episodes. First of all, the visual effects are amazing. I got scared several times by the demon.
There is one thing that bothered me, the kiss between the kids. I thought it was weird at their age and time.
I think Ahn Hyo Seop does a great job in this drama. He changes his voice so well depending on who he’s talking to. I love him in this role.

And Hong Cheon Gi (Kim Yoo Jung) is right, he has beautiful eyes.

5 Likes

I can’t wait to catch up!
hancinema
Metro Style

4 Likes

@choitrio

Thank you for your always prompt response. I knew it couldn’t be Satan bc it sounded too modern for that era. :rofl:lmao

I remember that name once you mentioned it; MA Wang name they used it a lot in the drama HWAYUGI to depict/address the ‘‘Devil guy’’ (the owner of that company with the LUCIFER name which bothered me so much) but that drama was so awesome I couldn’t stop watching.

PS> I would love if someone familiar with the demon/devil name in Japanese can help me out here since the documentary that I loved so much with that story was removed from viki.com.

5 Likes

I was wondering about appropriateness for the era too, but I was glad that the kiss was just implied and not shown, since the kids are 12 & 13.

2 Likes

I am out of hearts

tenor

2 Likes

@sweetybirdtoo

I was about to ask: what did I miss? I didn’t see the kids kissing , but I see what you mean now. I remember now …:grinning:

2 Likes

It was even weirder for me not to show it. Why imply it then? It was useless. We could see that the boy was in love. The girl just needed a friend.

2 Likes

I don’t know that it was necessary, I’m just glad they didn’t make a 12 & 13 year old kiss.

2 Likes

I think I was oblivious? I do not remember them kissing. I will rewatch anyway on Monday before watching the new episodes.

2 Likes

DID SOMEONE say KISSING! That soon! GOODIE!

1 Like

Ok, everyone! Here is a screen capture.
Lovers-Red-Sky

Everyone seems to just love his red/jasper eyes. But… Remember, those eyes are Ma Wang’s blinded eyes… demonio eyes…

4 Likes

His eyes do seem COOL - Ok setting aside :100: days for a MOMENT cuz DO Lovefest 2021 is still going on. And I’m starting Eps 1

Wow - A lot of information just in the first few minutes!!!

2 Likes

So the Special Effects are CRAZY and it is a little scary opening up! I have not met the couple yet! We shall see what happens! His eyes - Love them! :eyes:

OK I am done with Eps 1 - LOVED IT! The child actors were perfect you think the two grew into the adult actors they cast that so well. The special effects were so great - especially that bubble that brought him out of the water and his eyes!

I thought the kiss was SWEET and they didn’t actually show it - they were just showing that they were forming such a sweet friendship and feelings for one another! I love PUPPY LOVE

4 Likes
Includes spoilers

Fortunately we have some experience - poor beginners!
So now we have a demon, Ma Wang, Sam Shin, known also from Goblin or/and Hwayugi, a Mountain Lord, better a young Mountain Mistress, reminds me of Tale of the Nine Tailed and so on.
The Mountain Mistress mumbles some buddhist (?) prayers.
There is a royal shaman like in Moon Embracing The Sun a.o., and late father of Ha-ram was - what?

I guess FNs will be countless.

Btw., I’m always little confused about the coexistence of Confucianism, shamanism (and Buddhism as well?).

2 Likes

I am so BEHIND! So I need to watch Eps 2-3-4! Well, it is so hard to leave :100: Days My Prince so I can keep up! Hope you guys are still enjoying Red :heart: Sky!

2 Likes

Ahn Hyo Seop is a banked fire just waiting for a little bit of oxygen to flame up.
You’re missing out @kdrama2020ali

4 Likes

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire: He is HOT

4 Likes

According the the reviews on the Lovers page, eps 3 and 4 must be pretty awesome! Many are saying each ep gets better and better. Can’t wait!

4 Likes