"Lolspeak" language

I was just looking through the project maker thing for my language and I saw this.

What is this “lolspeak” language?

1 Like

@mirjam_465 Hm, I see, thanks for informing me.

1 Like

I protested the addition of Lolspeak at it’s inception at viki, just as they have Superman’s “language” listed. It is NOT a language and it truly is just what started as America teen-agers texting each other with short hand, trendy acronynms, misspellings, etc. What really enraged me once was that viki staff actually appointed as a replacement channel manager to an older K drama, a user who had barely attained QC status in lolspeak just because he noticed the original CM was no longer active. After I protested, the person was removed.
For a while we were not allowed to put Korean captions in but Korean captions were so helpful to correct translation to English that we sometimes used the lolspeak slot to insert Korean captions.

6 Likes

W-Why would anyone watch a series with that “language”? It’s like watching something with subs from :mango:but done on purpose. I’m not trying to offend anyone, btw. Just genuinely curious.

1 Like

There’s Klingon so I’m not surprised that there’s one more strange language on Viki…

2 Likes