Looking For a GE or TE Trainer

Hello all!

I know that everyone is probably quite busy with daily life and volunteering at RViki is something you do because you enjoy it. I have been watching dramas on RViki for a few years now and appreciate the tremendous amount of effort that goes into making it possible for others to enjoy shows which are not in their native tongue.

As I am exposed to more material, I have noticed that there are a few subtitling mistakes that are not always caught. I understand this can happen since there are multiple people working on a project and time is a huge factor as well. I don’t want to be someone who just sits on the couch and points out the issues. I want to be a part of the improvement process.

I have done some Chinese to English subtitling many years ago on Youtube when works have been abandoned or incomplete. I have zero experience here on RViki. Since that is the case, no CM would look twice at me. I have had a few rejection replies, which I’m grateful because that means I’m not being completely ignored :relaxed:. I am hoping there is someone out there willing to invest some time to be my trainer so I can start contributing. I have a few hours I can spare each night and more on the weekends. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks for stopping by and reading this post! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hello!
Apply for training here: https://nssacademy.weebly.com/
Subtitle guide: https://nssacademy.weebly.com/subtitling-guide.html

3 Likes

Woot! Thank you so much! :kissing_heart:

I went to the link. There is Segging Academy and only certain languages for Subbing Academy. There’s nothing for GE training. I did read through all the rules/guidelines for subbing. Am I missing something?

3 Likes

You have to learn the rules for subtitles and you can get that off the second link. Those languages are the main ones.

Perhaps it would be better you contact CEs directly, rather than CMs. CEs will be your mentors and they’re the ones who need to decide if they have time to train you or… when to train you.

Also, stop by this thread and make friends :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you, bozoli! The link for the English Editor’s Thread has been super helpful. If nothing else, I can make some new friends! :hugs:

4 Likes