Man to Man - Are you watching? (Possible Spoilers)

I couldn’t rewatch Gap Dong to save my life. I hate-watched half of it the first time.

I’ll watch some more episodes of Man to Man and see if I’ll stick to the end.

let me know if you liked it or not.

Well, I’m not enjoying the drama as much as I thought I will but the drama is still great. So I’ll tell you to keep on watching.:nerd: The romance may not be the best but all the rest worth it ! The quality of the drama is no joke & Guard Kim won’t let you down. :raised_hands:
I still haven’t watch Gap Dong. Actually, I know the actress but don’t remember in what I already saw her, lol ! :thinking:

Although the lead actor is one of my favorite and the villain was really good, I don’t recommend Gap Dong. It became boring even before the half-mark, the story run in circles with huge plot holes and in the end nothing made sense. The actress was wooden and lifeless and I’m being generous.

Many dramas are ruined by the romance story, especially when writers keep pushing things that don’t make sense. I like the spy story so far, so I’ll just file my nails during the couple scenes. The lead actor is, well, we all know he is great, but I also really like the actor playing the second lead. I also find his love story with the ex much more compelling.

1 Like

Hate to say it but I gave up on Man to Man. I could not warm up to the lead actress. I’m going to wait until it ends and marathon it, so I can fast forward her parts. Sad. :frowning:

1 Like

Lol, true ! The 2nd lead love story is more interesting than the main leads one. The cast is great, I even love the villain, this actor plays well bad man but the lead actress… It’s not gonna be easy to watch something if she’s in it now.:slight_frown:
Personally, I skip a bit the romance scene because I’m not interested, like really, and I’m not difficult when it comes to romance but this time, I just can’t ! :sob:

@mirna023_316 Really ? I understand you. :wink: Well, just 2 weeks left, right ? :thinking:

Unfortunately, she just made me not want to watch. I’ll wait to skip her parts. I have no interest whatsoever in watching her and I’m like you. I like most love stories but in this case, it is the actress that I just can’t watch. I wish they would have cast someone else, but it is what it is. :frowning:

1 Like

awww. well I went to ep 11, Guess I am going to just watch to the end. some of you are right, the girl is something else.I did think this was a spy /undercover type drama, the romance , out of place???

Her acting is the big problem here.

We are given absolutely zero reason for Agent K to fall for her. I don’t mean she isn’t pretty, that’s not the point anyway.

But the actress’s job is to portray a character that is charismatic in a way, and worthy of swaying the man with the frozen heart; she should be charming, or supersmart, or super adorable, or something. But she is totally uninteresting and it’s the actress’s fault.

The fact that the scenario says she is his OTP means nothing if I, as a viewer, see nothing there.

1 Like

…Aaaaand they kidnapped her.

I just stopped watching. Bye Man to Man, you weren’t meant to be.

got 5 more days to wait for netflix to bring it on. I am going to finish it glykeria, I do hear you & understand, but I now have to finish it!

ok times up! I started watching it. people complain about the girl, because of her eyes? wow can you not find something better to complain about?I don’t like two of my favorites playing the bad guys. the other one so glad he is going to undercover the bad stuff. That girl "eyes and all"is she a new one on the scene? I can pick a bunch of stuff about this drama and I really thought we watch for entertainment sure someone has to play the bad guys, and I think they are doing just great , even if I am not pleased about their picks, but go with the flow for goodness sake, episode 12 was quire good I thought. and I liked it where that girl with the biggg eyes took care of our spy. sorry I just wanted to say my 3 cents worth, just like all of you. have a great day everyone:slight_smile:

what did that other lady play on?? she looks so familiar…Entertainer lady, the one that was kind of in charge!
kinda wish Namgungmin had a bigger part( after chief kim )

ok finished 16 episodes. I did like it, bad guys went to prison, spy went off to save the world, girl with big eyes still around, not really waiting for spy to come backl, all ends to me were nicely fitted together. this had some cool twists and turns, I dont want to give out any more spoilers. so if you want a good drama, this one is it.;I thought there was more episodes. thats ok too. but to me this was a good one! big eyes and all… oh yeah I do see your point “finally!” if you ask me , that was not too good , she asking him about his what or where he went, If I tell ya I have to kill ya type thing. she was kinda dumb in that area I think, maybe they didn’t want her to be romantic looking ??? so forgive this lady I guess I am slow too. but it still was a good drama!

1 Like

I don’t know what other people say about her eyes, but I have the same problem with her that I have with Go Ara. Sure, they have those big, Bambi eyes, but there’s no feeling, no expression in them. That’s why, if you pay attention, you’ ll see they overcompensate with exaggerated facial expressions, especially the brows and the mouth.

In contrast, watch Jo Yo Jeong in Perfect Wife, when Jung Hee calls her crazy. You can literally see her eyes change from loving wife to crazy psycho. THAT is acting.

yep I do see that, no emotion and you are right on that! still was a good drama, and yes could have had someone else for the actress. I admit it. no expressions.

My only question is, did the important couple (the two actors) end up together again?

I mainly watched Gap Dong because Lee Joon played a gorgeous villain and that smile killed me…Park Hae Jin plays a great villain in Bad Guys

That was my only question as well, so I watched the final episode without watching the rest. Such a disappointing drama. The lead actress was just bad casting and it did affect the drama. I just couldn’t watch anymore. So sad. :frowning:

I couldn’t even do that. I just read the recap of the finale. What a waste…

EDIT: But it made sense that the second couple had that ending.

Sometimes a series can do well without a love line, but the writers feel they have to include one. This is more painfully obvious if the actress is also unsuitable - and unskilled.
I had this problem with Lim Ji-yeon’s wooden acting in Jackpot. The story they gave her character was also not compelling. She had a great premise, but ultimately it fizzled of and the character was reduntant, as the focus went on to the two brothers’ relationship between themselves and with the throne. Fortunately the writers listened to our uproar and had her character killed. Unfortunately they waited too long, the drama had suffered. In the meanwhile, the second female had absolutely nothing to do, so the final marriage looks as a compromise on his part rather than a genuine liking.
(By the way, I also stopped watching Blow Breeze because of Lim Ji-yeon, although she was better there than in Jackpot)
I also intensely disliked Ji Sung’s love line with Lee Hye-ri in Entertainer. The writers PARTIALLY listened to us and toned it down, finishing with just a promise to date. The drama’s main story would have been perfectly ok without a love line.
Same in Chief Kim. I didn’t dislike the main female, it’s just that her character was uninteresting (and pretty much useless), she looked like someone’s maiden aunt and had zero chemistry with Namgoong Min as Chief Kim. Fortunately the writers dispensed with love lines and just hinted to her love line with the second lead. I was immensely happy.

2 Likes

After putting on hold this drama, I finally gathered my courage to finish it. I really liked the last three episodes as they were much more focused on the story rather than this useless love line.
Felt like after ep 7 until ep 13, nothing was really going on. It is such a shame because the story was actually good and this drama had a pretty good start.
It could have been so much better if the love line and the character of Do Ha were well written and especially if they had picked the good actress.
I have nothing against her, but come on, everyone can see that she is completely unfitted for the role. Her character just ruined the show. Writers didn’t give us any reason to this sudden romance between the leads. How can someone as cold as the Agent K suddenly fell in love with someone like Do Ah? I mean, I was wondering sometimes if she was not barely 13 years old.
The scenes this annoying couple shared together were so painful to watch that I was praying to see less of the two of them. I am glad the rest of the cast was good and managed to save the drama.

@irmar I could not agree more with all the things you said, especially regarding Lim Ji Yeon’s acting and her useless character in Jackpot. I loved the drama a lot.
But unfortunately, I promised to myself not to watch any show she would be casted in. After reading your comment, I am glad I didn’t start watching Blow Breeze.

2 Likes

I loved it!!! I watched it as it came out, and loved every single episode. And totally bought the female lead, she did a great job as a crazy fan/manager… lol real hard with those scenes. If I ever rewatched it, it’ll be only the first episodes, where the romance hadn’t begin, since those where the episodes where I laughed the most.