Missing Badges

The problem with the Japanese badges has been going on for years now. I first had to deal with it in 2020, but even then, it already was an old problem. Back then, the Korean badges still worked fine. They stopped working properly more recently. And all this time, Viki has been aware of the issue. Yes, they do add the badges if you specifically ask for them, but they don’t seem to do anything to fix the actual problem. And keeping up with how many Japanese and Korean badges you actually deserve to have gets harder when you get more contributions and work on shows from several countries.
@brendas

5 Likes

Oooh, I had no idea those particular badges had been buggy for so long. I caught a snippet on the forums somewhere about a potential fix in an update but it was from a while ago and I guess it wasn’t successful since the issue still persists now. But you’re right, it’ll be harder to keep track, especially after that 1 thousand badge since there’s quite a big gap with the next one. I hope a future update manages to patch the issue.

3 Likes

I haven’t received my 50,000 subtitles badge even though it’s been a while since I have reached that mark.
Should I really file a ticket to get it?
I haven’t received my Jdrama badges too.
I am sure I haven’t received others(for other languages), too.

1 Like

J-drama badges need to be requested since many years and nowadays, the same goes for K-drama badges. You’d better send in a ticket.

Of course, the higher our contribution counts, the harder it gets to even keep up with which badges we should have so it would be nice if Viki would finally step up and fix this issue.

2 Likes

The last time I filed a ticket I got a reply after 10 months, and by that time I changed my email and with that old email I opened a new account on my mom’s phone and in the reply Sean said we can’t request badges on other’s behalf. :saluting_face:
So don’t know when I’ll get a reply even if I file one…
hopefully Viki resolves this…

2 Likes

I’d suggest you try and file a ticket. Last year when I requested the J-Drama badges, it took a while. It was during summer time and I think they said there were vacations and stuff, so that was why. But I did eventually get them and it did go faster when I requested the K-Drama badges a bit later on. So, who knows, it might go faster for you too this time around. :smile:

1 Like

I filed last week a ticket for the J-Drama and K-Drama bages and Monday I recieved the confirmation mail and the badges.

4 Likes

Yes, sometimes it goes fast. I guess it depends on how many tickets were filed at the same time. :smile:

1 Like

Hi :wave:, where can I file a ticket?

https://contributorhelp.viki.com/hc/en-us

Thank you :two_hearts: