Most Famous food around the world

We have that too, in our region we call it Wurstsuppe in our dialect Werschtsupp

On another note, the international comparison of Haggis and Saumagen

Sounds like a dish out of a horror movie to me. :wink:

Okay, we have blood sausage, Finland has blood pancakes, Norway has blood pudding … but for a vegetarian they all sound bloody. :joy:

5 Likes

Is it like a gazpacho?

1 Like

Not at all. It’s red beet soup. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Philippines also has Pig’s Blood stew and it’s paired with sweet rice cakes.

Those German dishes look delicious. I’m intrigued by the dish that takes days to cook (if I’m understanding it correctly).

The Rhineland Fritter kind of reminds me of latke…

Anyone can share famous dishes from the African continent? Went to a local Ethiopian restaurant a while back, remember having Injera with several delicious sauces.

1 Like

Before you start a new Topic checkout if there is a similar topic already in the search box.

Find more food and recipes here:

2 Likes

Pre made samosa dough sheets are available here. But homemade samosas wont match with the one we buy.

I think this video is behind your wish to go on a houseboat tour in Kerala. :laughing:

4 Likes

All the German food i saw in the video, i don´t even like xD
i like Plinsen mit NUTELLA und Apfelmus, Hühnerfrikasee, Königsberger Klopse, Klopse, Gulasch, Kartoffelsuppe (aber nur bestimmte), Kartoffelbrei mit Spiegelei und Gurkensalat oder Bratwurst, etc…
More I don´t have on my mind at the mom. there are some more

4 Likes

@mirjam_465
I am not a vegetarian, But that is pure horror for me too… :scream:

3 Likes

@mirjam_465

In that pic Yes, it is beet soup, but the borsch is more than that. It is the essence that preserves life. It is the glue that holds the Universe together. It is… Well, you can prepare lots of delicious foods using the borsch. And they’re all super healthy. You can even drink it as is. In this sense, it’s similar to the Japanse miso soup base. The sad part is that unless you live in Eastern Europe, chances are you’ve never heard about the borsh. Sad indeed.

7d55ae5af7e44420f04f92a86c199e32

2 Likes

I don’t live in Eastern Europe, yet heard about it during my studies. They never told us it was comparable to miso though.

2 Likes

Adrian I beg to differ, somewhere I saw a picture floating it was about a big sign at a restaurant on the west coast US offering on that day Free Borsch in celebrations of Stalin’s death who was a tyrant :wink: So I think it is known in certain parts of US. Also folks who are all about healthy food will know it as well… I had one in Prague few months ago and it was a delish!

2 Likes

I have heard it now, thanks for letting me know .:slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I know it as Borscht(sch), I guess wherever people with Russian (I got told it is from Russian original, so …) roots live this soup came along.

2 Likes

Fun thread - recognized some foods.
Not sure what people know about Swedish food. Swedish meatballs? I assume they serve them in every Ikea around the world :slight_smile: Or whatever the muppet Swedish chef tried to create, which happens to be my spiritanimal because I can relate lol
Most infamous Swedish food is surströmming:

3 Likes

This video is kinda hilarious. They sound like they are dying.

2 Likes

Yeah, surströmming is not to be played with lol

1 Like

It is weird that I want to try it now just because they are gagging so much.

Want me to send you a can? :innocent: Curiosity did kill the cat… hihi

3 Likes

grins I might want to prolong my death for awhile now. I still have to get through school. Although on a serious note I think I might know a place I can ship that from.