Music you are listening to in any language (Except English 😂)

Lovely :heavy_heart_exclamation: the cinematics, very captivating.

1 Like

It’s a very famous Welsh song. The title means “saucepan”. :joy:

2 Likes

Saucepan! Hahaha! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Famous too! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Correction: little saucepan. :joy:

From what I’ve heard, all Welsh people can sing along …

2 Likes

Hi , very cool , but I didn’t recognize any of these songs :sweat_smile::disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Hi! :raising_hand_woman:t5:‍♀ :slightly_smiling_face:
What songs do you listen to in other languages ( except English)?

1 Like

French music I started listening from small until grown up, a wild mix, never stopped it, I guess if my French teacher knew she would be shocked first and then maybe a little proud (I was bad - one of my teachers said it’s not that I wouldn’t have talent but that I was just too lazy - aaaaah, vocabulary)

3 Likes

@mirjam_465,

When I heard Sosban Fach the first time, I really liked it and by listening to other Welsh songs I became interested in Welsh to the point that I tried learning it a bit on Duolingo :joy:

@leerla73 iirc the lyrics are about this household where everything goes wrong
a little saucepan is boiling on the floor
a big saucepan is boiling on the stove
David the servant is unwell
Mary-Ann has hurt hur finger
and the cat scratched little Johnny’s face

_

This choir appeared on BGT with another Welsh song, after that I searched their other songs and discoverd Sosban Fach :grin:

2 Likes

How did it go? :slight_smile: I did that too, for quite a while. I’m afraid I have forgotten a lot again too …

@leerla A new challenge for you:

2 Likes

@leerla73
How about this one?

2 Likes

Swiss German? :thinking:

2 Likes

Currently, this song has been playing on repeat in my house (technically it’s not a language, it’s a dialect):

3 Likes

Linguistically, there’s no difference between a language and a dialect. That’s just a political decision. :wink:

1 Like

Well, I now know how Welsh words should be pronounced and I can say greetings, but that’s all I learned :smile:

2 Likes

Dych ch’in hoffi coffi? :wink:

2 Likes

Dw i’n hoffi coffi a te :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is something I might listen to :star_struck::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi :smiley: , songs besides English are mostly kpop. And some Korean OST from some classic kdramas.

2 Likes

I recently found out that a Dutch-language song by a Belgian group is very populair on Eastern-European and Asian weddings and parties as a dance song. It’s quite funny to me because the song is about a blacksmith who is living happily and then gets married to a woman who turns out to nag about everything and doesn’t let him meet up with his friends and drink beer with them and he regrets getting married to her :rofl:

Here is the clearest video I could find that shows the dance

5 Likes

Hé, Laïs! :slight_smile:

2 Likes