Name dramas everyone loves/recommends, but you don't feel any urge to pick it up

@vivi_1485 Thanks for stating it. I picked this idea up, because there are so many dramas …
I can’t tell, if I will never watch it, but until now there was no reason for me to do it.
So far:

And many, many more …

How about you?

4 Likes

I can honestly say that I haven’t watched any of the dramas you just mentioned. :joy:

2 Likes

As I mentioned in the other thread, the first two that came to mind were ‘Goblin’, and ‘Squid Game’, oh and ‘Flower of Evil’. I am certain there are others, too.

3 Likes

For me, :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

The other thread reminded me on

2 Likes

Well i kinda agree with your list… ive only watched DOTS, Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, and K2 from the dramas you mentioned
DOTS is one of my all time favorite dramas but for some reason, I see that many of you don’t like it, so I won’t say anything.

I only started K2 brcause I wanted to see more of badass JCW, so you might want to wait for a push like that :joy::joy: I can vouch for the plot, though. I’ve never enjoyed politics but this one was really interesting

Moonlight Drawn By Clouds is my favorite Korean historical drama, and I don’t like historical kdramas. I adored this one for Park Bo Gum. His role was amazing, showing rhe growth of a true king. The cast was awesome and I liked most of it. Yes, the angst increased towards the end, but it was still a fun show.

3 Likes

It’s not about liking it or not, I didn’t even read much about it, or watched trailers, somehow I am just not interested.
For example there are dramas many liked, and it took me years to watch them like Pinocchio, that one was an okay watch for me, but not as memorable. Then there is Encounter and this one was a bit harder to finish for me, the highlight for me was Cuba.

1 Like

I understand… it took me a very long time to start watching While You Were Sleeping, but I adore the drama now :sweat_smile::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Of all the dramas mentioned here by now, I have watched exactly 1.

Back when I was only a viewer, I just watched whatever caught my attention, initially mostly K-dramas, later I wondered off to some other countries as well. And nowadays, most of the shows I watch are things I work on. I never pay attention to which dramas are popular or not.

2 Likes

Squid Game
Alice In Borderland
Kingdom
Sweet Home
Extracurricular
Flower of Evil
Penthouse
Sky Castle
All of Us Are Dead
World of The Married
Reply 1988
Mr. Queen
Itaewon Class
Hospital Playlist
Twenty-Five Twenty-One
The Untamed
Joy of Life
Le Coupe de Foudre
A Love So Beautiful
Goodbye, My Princess

Can my list get any longer? :joy:

4 Likes

You have several on your list that would be on mine too, especially the Penthouses and Sky Castles of the world. Not at all interested in that genre.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m not into those family power struggle melodrama type of dramas. The rest just didn’t interest me as for as plot went. Maybe I’ll watch some in the future but they’re not on a watch list or anything.

They’re all highly rated which makes me not want to watch them more. Don’t want to expect too much and be disappointed. lol

2 Likes

Out of your list, I have finished 2, and started and dropped 2 others. Otherwise, I am also not interested in the rest you mentioned.

2 Likes

Of your list, I’ve watched only one - Flower of Evil. And it’s one of my all-time top shows - I hardly ever watch this genre but LJG lured me and it was worth it(all right, I confess I watched it even though it was R-rated and I wasn’t 18 yet - in my defense, I didn’t know it was rated R until I was totally invested in the show). It’s actually a second-chance-ish romance disguised as a psychological thriller. The writers themselves said they just wanted to write a story about what happens when a couple get married and start a family without really knowing each other. They just heightened the stakes and the thrill aspect by making the ML a suspected murderer/psychopath and the FL a detective hot on his trail.

I loved the cat-and-mouse style plot and the solid marriage-based plot. It also got my heart racing, wishing he would get caught for their marriage’s sake, but at the same time hoping he could get away without getting caught for thrill’s sake. I loved both the lead characters. They were so so good. Made me fall in love with both Moon Chae Won and Lee Joon Gi.

2 Likes

FOE is one of the dramas from my list I might watch in the future. Now that you mentioned there is romance. ^-^ That’s an incentive to watch it. hehehe

1 Like

It’s not that romance is one of the genres… the whole thing IS a romance :sweat_smile: It’s basically about undying love - a guy fighting his demons and traumas while putting up a brave front because that’s how much he loves his wife and daughter. He wants to be everything they think he is, and so he hides his entire past - until the fateful day when his well put-together appearance is pulled off. His wife is a detective who completely believes in him, not because she’s stupid or weak, but because her love makes her want to believe him. The choices she makes, the decisions she takes… such a strong character.

I feel like the advertisements and promotions all focused a little too much on the psychological thriller part, and so hardcore thriller fans were disappointed, while romance fans found themselves liking it. For the first time in my drama-watching life, the ML was a blurred character, and we had to choose whether to trust him or not.

2 Likes

That’s even better!
His character reminds me of Jang Ki Yong’s character in Born Again. It was difficult for viewers to choose whether we like him or are scared of him. Lol

1 Like

Naturally, it will!

I think I watched 3-4, these two I know for sure as
Flower of Evil was gripping
Mr. Queen was entertaining enough to watch, but in the long run unfortunately not that memorable for me.

Dropped:
Reply 1988, I just couldn’t get into the story

2 Likes

Right, there’s so many that aren’t our cup of tea.

And a lot that I did try to watch but dropped. (I didn’t add those to the list) It would be as long as a kite string if I did. lol

1 Like

There is a whole other thread for that:

Go ahead and add your list. You won’t be the only one with an extensive list there. :smile:

2 Likes