NEW FEATURE: New keyboard shortcuts added in Subtitle Editor

Dear Volunteers,

To speed up your subtitling work, I would like to announce that we have added new keyboard shortcuts in our Subtitle Editor for you to input commonly used HTML tags easily for font formatting and structure. Try out the new feature today!

Have an enjoyable time subtitling!
George
Product Manager for Community, Viki

40 Likes

@anon78441343 Thanks for sharing this new update to the subtitle editor for us. Very excited to check it out and apply it to our work.

It would be amazing if a new keyboard shortcut can be made to join segments together. It would be a great innovation for segmenters, sparing us the work to delete a segment, save manually then extending either the beginning or the end of a segment then save again. That way four steps can be narrowed down to one!

Would you be able to bring new innovation to the segment timer like these suggestions too? p(^_^)q

11 Likes

YES!!

I needed that feature :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great. Thank you!

1 Like

THANK YOU!
(and no, I’m not sorry for shouting. This warrants shouting!)

3 Likes

Hehe,
I already programmed these shortcuts in my keyboard and thought why Viki didn’t have them in their JavaScript. ;o)
Great job.

4 Likes

what a great idea, super cool

2 Likes

:heart_eyes_cat: It’s great!! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

You did? Oh, that’s so cool. If I had known when I first came here…

1 Like

Yay! This is wonderful news!
Thank you so much, @anon78441343 for spearheading this for our Community!
:grinning:

2 Likes

Thats great and will help a lot

These are excellent additions. Thank you!

finally - Thank you <3333

1 Like

I can almost hear all the people not using the Roman alphabet go YAAAY! :smiley:

4 Likes

YAAAY! That’s at least 4 less clicks each time, I love this!

1 Like

Just a quick question. When pasting in the notes for the song, could we have a space between the note and italics sign?

Also, is it possible for the cursor to automatically be set in the middle of the field, for all three functions, so that we don’t have to go back every time?

Thank you for your help.

7 Likes

This is amazing! I actually used it and it’s very helpful as a subber. I just need to get used to the shortcuts, but if I do, the process will be much quicker. I especially find Ctrl+J to be most helpful. I always had to go to the subbing notes to copy and paste the musical note, but this makes life much easier. Thank you for this!

AHHH! This is so useful! Can’t wait to try it out especially the Ctrl J and Ctrl+I

1 Like

Fantastic! But spaces between notes would be totally appreciated. All these improvements will make subtitling and translating even faster!

I knew this volunteer community has many, many, many(!) smart and resourceful peeps. THIS smart is cheer-worthy :slight_smile: two thumbs up

Btw, WOOT! Another badge of ‘good upgrade’ for Viki! Errr… please keep on upgrading :slight_smile: Thank you!

3 Likes