NEW FEATURE: New keyboard shortcuts added in Subtitle Editor

Dear Volunteers,

Thank you all for the generous feedback given. We have added spaces between the Music symbol and the Italics in the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + J) for your convenience.

Cheers,
George

9 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

@anon78441343 since you are at it, Iā€™d like to suggest the following. Yesterday I looked for the Em dash the long uninterrupted ā€“ also for the [ ] brackets that come often would be helpful. < i >[ ]< /i >
Otherwise using the new shortcuts is a breeze since I have to switch language keyboards from E to G and some characters are hard to find so I had to switch back and forth but not anymore!!
Thank you for the 2 more shortcuts if possible :rose:

2 Likes

This one would really make the work easier when reviewing your own segments or already existing ones!

Thanks a lot for the other shortcuts and for adding the spaces between the notes and the tags!

3 Likes

Thank you, it will make easier translating or transcribing

1 Like

I know this is very told, but I would love to have Cntrl + I and Cntrl + J automatically insert the cursor in the middle. Itā€™d be a big quality of life improvement.

7 Likes

my ctrl key stopped working, I tried to take off the top plate and clean with a brush around, it works 2-3 times and stopps againā€¦ ottoke? :face_with_monocle::disappointed_relieved::weary:

• Acer Swift 1 chiclet keyboard

last resort, external keyboard or keyboard on screenā€¦

I guess the ctrl key on the other side wonā€™t do the trick? :thinking:

1 Like

Lol Mirjam, I couldnā€™t figure out what ā€œthe other sideā€ meant until yesterday I saw another ctrl key on my keyboard, itā€™s on the right side after bar and alt keys, I have never noticed it before since I always used the one on the left. I shouldā€™ve asked you earlier what you meant :rofl:

So I have to learn to use that key blindly on the right, so happy I can use it, because google doc wonā€™t let me use right click to pasteā€¦ so thank you :pray:

3 Likes

May be you already know this.
Windows has also some useful shortcuts.
If you use Ctrl + backspace, you will delete an entire word.
And the same thing for Ctrl + Delete.
It avoids pressing a lot of time backsace or delete.

2 Likes