Ooo Those Historic Outfits - The Fabrics are Gorgeous!

So beautiful! Gorgeous kimonos!

I had to do a double take at your 3rd picture of a hooker. But??? A woman in a kimono would never expose her cleavage unless she was a prostitute but then her Obi should be tied in front… hmmm. What movie was that? lol Yea, she is not a respectable person… lol

Geisha is specifically and only Japanese. Geisha are professional hostesses and entertainers. They practice for years learning traditional, instruments, dances and songs.

1 Like

Memoirs of a Geisha, you could even read it on one of the posters.

Geisha in Japan

Gisaeng in Korea

From the profession, there is not that much difference to entertain with music, dance, lyric, …

2 Likes

porkypine90_261 So beautiful! Gorgeous kimonos!
I had to do a double take at your 3rd picture of a hooker. But??? A woman in a kimono would never expose her cleavage unless she was a prostitute but then her Obi should be tied in front… hmmm. What movie was that? lol Yea, she is not a respectable person…

I think is very rude you used the word ‘‘hooker’’ in your sentence. You could have written prostitute instead.

All I was showing was the KIMONO which are such a beautiful ‘‘traditional attire?’’ in Japan.
Maybe you should watch the movie so you can see that during war times she didn’t had that kind of profession by choice. selling their body was the only way they could survive. They didn’t sell their body for pleasure, but BECAUSE of the need to survive.

I think the least you could have done was blur the word ‘‘hooker’’ but maybe it was fun for you to do that:

PS. The third picture I actually took it from an Advertising company to buy that Kimono as a Halloween custom, but I found the Kimono design so beautiful that I didn’t even noticed her breast but that STILL doesn’t make her a prostitute or hooker as you called her.

@lutra

Thank you very much for clearing up the difference in the name. Gisaeng in Korean and Geisha in Japan. Is obviously that they could have being doing more than sing, dance etc. because in [Tales of Knokdu] they are training a 12 year old child to become a Gisaeng, and this horrible disgusting old man wants to take her bc he likes them young, and they convince him that she still too young. It was a heartbreaking scene, and I’m glad I don’t remember much.

I blurred it

1 Like

There were different times and different roles, there is a lot of information in the net.
As well as not all “women of a certain milieu” were Gisaengs, not all Gisaengs did “labors of love”.

1 Like

lutra
As well as not all “women of a certain milieu” were Gisaengs, not all Gisaengs did “labors of love”.

What or How much they did or didn’t do as Geisha or Gisaengs is totally irrelevant to me; because my only intention was to be showing the beautiful fabrics/Historic Outfits in Asian Cultures (I even mentioned Indian Outfits I believe they are called sari)?

The post/topic said [Historic Outfits] [Fabrics] are Gorgeous! And they are! Those flowers, birds drawing in the kimono were so outrageously beautiful, and that was all I saw bc I didn’t even noticed the pic had the breast exposed which in no way shape or form that makes her a hooker either

Final episode of Bloody Romance. Her costume was ok for having just become ruler of Ghost City but it was the earrings that caught my attention. Finely detailed miniature Chinese gazebos! :laughing:GCruler
gazebo2

4 Likes

My Country: the new age
V1

AMISTAD

e8aa08266e9d28521675432de88ea60f

vRW3pf

How can they look so good with messy hair and a pony tail!!
fullsizephoto1125557

5 Likes

Wow is that Yang Se Jong?!! I almost didn’t recognize him with those luscious locks! :heart_eyes:

He’s always so gorgeous!!

1 Like

That was a very good show. I forgot about it. I watched it over 2 years ago? Whenever it was that it came out.

Yes it was along with Woo Do Hwan and Jang Hyuk. Yang Se Jong should be getting out of the military sometime late spring 2022.

1 Like

Love them and Yang Se Jong - I want to watch this so bad.

my%20country%20new%20age%201
my%20country%20new%20age%202

3 Likes

I’m on the eps 2 :sob:
It’s actually pretty good, but get yourself ready to cry

3 Likes

Yes, My Country is sad but a very well done show!

2 Likes

GONE WITH THE WIND HISTORICAL OUTFIT. THE FAMOUS DRESS MADE OUT OF A VELVET CURTAIN

RED BALL \GOWN
THEY RESTORE ICONIC BALLGOWN FROM GONE WITH THE WIND
DRESS WORE TO THE BARBEQUE
BLUE GOWN

Designs on display: Recreations of Civil War gowns showcased at “Gone With the Wind” 80th anniversary celebration

4 Likes

She is my people! :dress:

scarlett%20o'hara

My mother was very pretty and Vivien Leigh reminds me of her.

4 Likes

It’s nice to see those in color. We had a Black and White tv when we were kids. Most people did. I am not sure when color tv came out… (googles it) Oh! 1975 were the first sets and color broadcasts!

We had a Sony Trinitron back in 1975 that you had to individually tune the stations and it only had 13 channels. It was State of the Art back then. It was also the year that Saturday Night Live debuted!
To bring this back on topic! that Land Shark outfit was the bomb! 70’s fashion! We all had those pants that Laraine Newman was wearing along with a baggy shirt with a big collar.

Aww! Poor Garrett Morris! (I forgot that ending!)

1 Like

This oh I can’t even! :laughing:

My mother said “Went with the Breeze.”

3 Likes

Carol Burnet’s bit was HILARIOUS!

1 Like