People , holiday depression

I hope you like this one

This is an excerpt from Lester Sumerall’s Book The Names of God. Capter 5 Page 95
“Dr. Robert H. Schuller tells of a tourist who walked down a seaside pier one afternoon and saw a fisherman pull in a big fish, measure it, and throw it back in the ocean. This intrigued the tourist, so he kept watching. Soon the fisherman caught a much smaller fish, measured it, and dropped it in his bucket. He kept doing this for some time-----throwing the big fish back, keeping the little fish. So the tourist asked him why he did this. ‘Why,’ the fisherman said, ’ because my frying pan is only ten inches across.’
Are you doing that with God’s promises? are you ‘throwing back’ the overwhelming miracles that He wants to do in your life, and ‘keeping’ only the small believable things that He promises?
Let God be El-Shaddai in your life! Let Him be the Almighty God that He can be! Put your trust in His infinite greatness, and He’ll make you what He wants you to be!”
I am going to ask you … How big is your frying pan?

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

2 Likes

oh, update! feel so much better, still have to watch what I eat but can eat without any problem, gotta watch fat content is all. I also had vertigo the past few weeks, but think it was some medicine I was taking, so stopped it and don’t feel like the room is swimming. anyway feeling good, still not able to drive, and thats due to the dizziness, going to wait another week for that, then start driving. rough few weeks y’all!

4 Likes

Sometimes in life we just need a HUG. No words, no advice, just a hug to make you feel better. Here is a BIG HUG from me to you! 🥰❤️

3 Likes

I’m glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope you will feel completely like yourself again soon! Take care and hugs back to you, too. :people_hugging:

2 Likes

thank you!

Wished I could hug you in person… :cry:
DO a bloodwork to make sure dizziness is not from low blood count. You are very brave and I’m glad you are recovering well.

2 Likes

wedwardsdeming1

674-dennis-wholey-inspirational-life

2 Likes

y’all did good!! loved each one, did me good today!! thank you!!

1 Like

I am going to do something that I hope is ok, but managers if it is not ok please delete it. I saw this this morning and thought I would share this .

A prayer request… Greg Comer has battled cancer for almost 7 yrs. The doctors are giving him only days to live. Greg is 41, married & has 2 children, Jacob 11 & Alyssa 7. Jacob has asked his Mom for a special request, for everyone to pray for a special miracle for his daddy. He wants a prayer chain across the world. Please pray for Greg and help start this prayer chain across the world for Jacob.
Copy & Paste then re-post, and add your city and state.
Fort Myers,FL
Morgantown,WV
Morgantown WV
Morgantown WV
Morgantown WV
Spraggs, PA
Marianna, PA
Marianna PA
Georgetown, NY
Ebensburg, PA
Altoona, PA
Annville, PA
Ukiah, CA. Newport, Ar
Mesquite, TX
Dunbar, WV
Cross Lanes,WV
Cross Lanes, WV
Nitro WV
Welch WV (community) of Premier WV
Goldsboro,NC
Raleigh,NC

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

if any of you need someone to talk to these next few months, I or others here will be glad to listen, don’t alienate yourself, ok??

3 Likes

Some day, I would like to sit on my porch with the first twelve people who like this status with a glass of iced tea, soda/pop, coffee or whatever drink you may like. All you have to do is like this status and put the same text on your profile page. Curious who my first twelve porch friends would be! (Those who do not paste it themselves will not be counted in the 12.)
This will be fun!

Which profile page did you use? :joy: And status, what status? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

boy did I ever goof! my first sentence would be status, y’know, sitting on the porch, the profile page, no this page. sheesh. I sure didn’t do this one right for sure!! sorry y’all!! :blush:

2 Likes

1 Like

heres one for the upcoming holidays

3 Likes

when we get depressed or whatever , this makes sense

2 Likes

I thought this Christmas would be so much better since the past ones have been so depressing for me, but with all this sad news of war all over the world I know we can only unite and pray…

2 Likes