People , holiday depression

And here comes the “The Wise Woman’s Words” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: (yours)
Thanks Mary, too bad you are so far away across the sea from me, if I were there as I used to be, I’d hope in my car and would drive the few hours to see you and have a good chat… Perhaps next year, I’m hoping to fly finally over to see family and friends! :hugs:
Keep that positive attitude, sharing is caring, lol :joy:

3 Likes

maybe I do need to put this on here

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.

Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”

The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”

“Son,” the man said, “don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can’t make a difference!”

After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish, and threw it back into the surf.

Then, smiling at the man, he said……“I made a difference for that one.”

Original Story by: Loren Eisley

just don’t forget we do make a difference in someones life, just that little act of kindness goes a long way

5 Likes

aaaaawwwwwwww thank you, and yes doing the positive attitude, that little act of kindness does go a long way, thank you!!

3 Likes

I love this idea !

2 Likes

now if people, like me, just read, pay attention and do it, giving of yourself, and not be depressed and all, what a better world we can make, sharing, caring, loving, giving!!! so lets make it a better holiday season, y’all with me?

4 Likes

**Another idea - **
I usually read - A Christmas Carol or
there is a book children’s book I highly recommend

Snow Treasure
Amazon

This was read to me in 4th grade outloud by my teacher - I have never forgotten it - Try It
@frustratedwriter

3 Likes

I just remembered my all time winter favorite story besides “Tree Nuts for Cinderella” it’s the “Snowman (1982)”, narrated by David Bowie. It’s a children’s classic I watched with kids, but I think it can bring adults the same joy; the drawings and music are just beautiful :heart_eyes: I posted only this short clip, you can find the movie “there” too :wink:

4 Likes

That’s a really good book indeed!! I read it as well when my kids had this for book assignment. I read probably 95 % of their books and kept some for my grandkids, I might have it somewhere.

Folks, you can check local library for books, videos and music if it’s nearby! Also some churches have concerts for free (donation) and Christmas fairs :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

https://www.healthline.com/health/depression/genetic

One thing I think I would like to point out is sometimes depression can and almost always has to do with your genetics!!! Sometimes you can’t help it and reaching out and learning more is the best way to combat such things - I think about a lot of the KPOP stars who at times we have seen end up hurting themselves - why would someone popular - with money - with fame - hurt themselves!??? Because they can’t find their way out of the crippling depression or maybe the harsh realities of FAME! However - a seemingly happy person can be one of the most hard hit by burdens and sadness that they HIDE away from the world.

I thank you - @frustratedwriter - for giving us a forum to keep uplifting EACH OTHER! These holidays!

Holiday Blues

animated images

4 Likes

Bye, I’m leaving this thread.

3 Likes

thats also a reason why I did it, I am sure I wasn’t the only one have depression, to lift others up, yes

genetics?? hmmm maybe so…
so I really hope you/all of you/ whoever needs the uplift, here it is, you do matter, people do care they just don’t show it, and one thing too, you do matter, and if nothing else, God does love you he does care, and an old saying. Mr. Churchill’s words and I will put in all caps, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!!! have faith, you got this, and you, me and everyone else, will make it through this. talk to someone, don’t be by yourself, If I didn’t care, I wouldn’t have my my “heart” here, and all of us here are open to you if you need to talk,

those books sound interesting, going to look them up and do some reading, a lot of heartfelt, heartwarming books out there.

gotta watch my show its coming on, that watchlist thing, so good night y’all

4 Likes

Amazon

A very short book to read for the holidays!

The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis

This has become the HUG THREAD - love it
@frustratedwriter

The depression is high… I’m trying to sell my mother’s iPhone, but it’s such a daunting task. All these questions, all these scary links to fake websites… And zero real offers. The platform I’m using offers free delivery. Just buy it if you want it and that’s it. “No, let’s meet, let’s do this, let’s do that.” No, thank you! Sheesh… Anyway, let’s just say my career as a merchant isn’t happening. :sweat_smile: :grimacing:

hey y’all your hug for the day

Adrian, put it aside for awhile, get back to it later, ha, I know you are a good sales person, note your pictures, paINTINGS, ETC,ETC, ETC!

4 Likes

I had kind of a thought or challenge - if someone is able to get out of the house - and again being safe with all the restrictions going on:

(1) Go get a ornament off an Angel Tree to give (if you can) something for a child or an adult who is needy - or even at the local nursing home. I saw a angel tree at my gym and I’m able to get a toy for the little boy who wanted a remote control car for Christmas. :oncoming_automobile:

(2) I am going to try and do this. There is a elderly gentleman in my neighborhood who I think is alone and I see him walking his dog and mowing his lawn. I thought maybe I would take some cookies to him this Christmas. Is there a neighbor that you could uplift this Christmas???

y’all lets not forget this!!

3 Likes

gifer

Another idea is to call a family member or a friend that always makes you laugh - I worked in the schools and worked for a wonderfully talented smart vice principal/principal that is still my friend to this day! We just talked today and I was laughing so hard!!! Hearing people’s voices is so cathartic. :smiley:

Call me - I’ll talk your ear off - :ear:
LOL

3 Likes

I do plan to call my brother and sister today, my sons too, I must say I do feel quite good today, not depressed blue or whatever.

Happy Thanksgiving, y’all

2 Likes

Hope you have a fantabulous day today @frustratedwriter
Much Love and Laughter!!!

:turkey:

1 Like

I have and did, will end with the watch party, can’t wait for that, think the first time to watch it. great way to end a fantabulous day

2 Likes