Podcast related to Viki community members

Is there any podcast dedicated to Viki community members or does anyone have any interest in running one? Where we can talk about language, culture, dramas, kpop and have different kinds of shows in different languages? Or maybe i am just fantasizing!

12 Likes

That would actually be nice. One possibility is to use the Discord channel to try chatting to each other first and develop a conversational dynamic. And a range of topics.

8 Likes

That is such a cool idea! I imagine it would be loads of fun having ā€œround tableā€ discussions with everyone on different topics!

6 Likes

Iā€™m not that big into podcasts, but I would love smth like that.

6 Likes

A Viki podcast, on Viki, now thatā€™s an interesting :bulb: idea! Maybe weā€™ll have zoom next too :thinking: :bulb: . . .
Providing they do not replace discussion threads, that would be like books :books: :open_book: :books: going extinct. :wink:

7 Likes

yeah agree. But would not it be nice to expand our horizon? I mean i know it is hard to trust on people these days but with some experienced community members, We can do something creative and maybe develop a platform for fans/ learners/ inquisitive minds.
I saw threads related to movies, books, music, traveling. It would definitely be fun to become our own celebrities haha sharing experiences of life.

5 Likes

I should start thinking about it after Iā€™m done with my examsā€¦
Just as a poll: Whoā€™d be willing to join a voice chat like that on Discord?

• Me!
  • I wouldnā€™t speak but Iā€™d love to listen
  • Count me out :slight_smile:

0 voters

5 Likes

Viki canā€™t do it on here, or :smirk: wonā€™t do it here? . . .
I think you meant to respond to @poeticpeep?

4 Likes

I voted for ā€œI wouldnā€™t speak but Iā€™d love to listenā€, even if I am a bit interested in joining, Iā€™m just not confident enough in my speaking skills. And I hate my voice, so I always think itā€™s the voice of a little child, I donā€™t want to torture others with it :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

oh thatā€™s a heavy statement, Now i am curious haha

4 Likes

I miss the option ā€œLet me think about it,ā€ kkkk.

I would probably listen. Iā€™d be hesitant to speak, but I donā€™t want to rule out the option immediatelly, haha.

By the way, somewhere last year (or was it still 2020?) we had the anniversary party of the NSSA on Discord and there we also had a voice chat.

8 Likes

Lee Jin Ah. Phenomenal child-like voice. And an instant star in the music circles.

Unique voices are the best radio voices. Especially welcome in group conversations where we donā€™t see whoā€™s speaking, but have to distinguish one speaker from the other.

7 Likes

Exactly. It makes things interesting!

5 Likes

What was it like? What did you guys do?

5 Likes

It was nice. Just talk.

4 Likes

My daughter, who is a computer science major, will be interviewing me in a podcast for her class project since the class is on linguistics and computer science. I will obviously be talking about my work as a translator at Viki. I hate hearing my own voice and I have no idea how podcast works but I ended up reluctantly agreeing to it. Btw, this was the field I was interested in studying while I was in college decades ago. I was interested in the development of synthetic language (for spies :wink:).

10 Likes

Oooh, interestingā€¦

Did you hear that Google released a powerful AI on its GT to improve it, and the AI, detecting all of this input from very different and to the AI illogical languages, created its own language? :smiley:

Nobody understood it, of course, being a black box principle. Youā€™d need a key to decipher it, and only the AI has it. But it helped the AI to understand all the other languages and, perhaps most importantly for Google, to bridge those languages which initially had bad connections.

At some point they had to stop the AI, because it became too dangerous, but I didnā€™t quite understand what else it did.

6 Likes

Interesting. I will have to find and read articles on it. The thought of AIs having ā€œtheir own willā€ always fascinated and scared me. Thatā€™s how it was for me the first time I watched ā€œTerminatorā€.

5 Likes

So, where/how do we listen to it? :wink:

6 Likes

My son will have to set it up for me so I donā€™t even know, but it will be a heavily guarded secret.:wink:

6 Likes