Podcast related to Viki community members

I think the original purposes of the podcast are:

1. talking about the volunteering process
  2. talking about the dramas and movies themselves.

The idea is also to have guests, yes.

7 Likes

Yeah! Iā€™m not that active on discord bc I donā€™t know how to use it most of the times, but Iā€™m down

5 Likes

We can teach you!

5 Likes

What she said! :smiley:

4 Likes

Iā€™m in the server. How can I be of help?

2 Likes

I just popped in on the progress for the podcast :smiley: you guys were busy trying to figure out things on the 12th, and 13th :smiley:! Any more updates?

4 Likes

Still actively working on it! For more info, iā€™ll direct you to @poeticpeep @bozoli :rofl:

4 Likes

I joined discord only to listen to the podcast, but it was overwhelming and I honestly donā€™t have time to sift through all those threads and channels. And Iā€™m getting bombarded with email, saying there are new messages for me in discord, but when I go in, the messages are directed to @everyone, which Iā€™m not interested in reading about. So I stopped checking discord for now.

Could someone post here when the podcast is ready, along with the direct link? Thanks!

10 Likes

Of course, weā€™ll post the link here once itā€™s ready! I donā€™t think the plan was to have people listen to it on discord. We now mostly use discord to plan the podcast :grin:

7 Likes

Hi! @ajumma2,
:laughing: I am the same, itā€™s wayyy too busy over on discord.

5 Likes

At the bottom of the email, there is usually an option to unsubsribe from such emails :smile:

3 Likes

I kinda feel bad for everyone who are joining now, since it can be a shock :laughing:

6 Likes

You can also turn off email notifications within the Discord settings. @ajumma2

I joined one of the Discord servers back when there were maybe 20 members or so, and I felt overwhelmed even then. The numbers grow every day, so I canā€™t imagine what it would be like to join now as a newbie.

5 Likes

Lol! I had to laugh, because I felt exactly the same. That is, before I muted the server and customised notifications for categories which were important to me.

Discord is amazing and daunting at the same time!

Weā€™ll keep everyone updated on the podcast. Perhaps we will also need volunteer pre-listeners. But itā€™s still a far way to go. There are many things to discuss and consider and plan and do andā€¦

7 Likes

I had changed my setting to only receive when my id is mentioned, but it looks like itā€™s pushing out the emails even when @everyone is mentioned.

Actually, I JUST found how to suppress @everyone. I had to do it for each ā€œserver?ā€ (Is that the right term?) For example, I had to do it for both Viki Contributor Community and Drama Lovers, by clicking on the down arrow looking thing next to the server name, and the going into Notification Settings, and then choose Only at Mentions, and turn on Suppress @everyone and @here.

08%20PM

26%20PM

31%20PM

4 Likes

@ajumma2,
:sweat_smile: Whow! You seem to have a better handle on it, :joy: :rofl: I just quickly log out when I canā€™t find my way. :joy:

5 Likes

I DM Ajumma2 to send a ss of notifications and how to turn them off (since it took me a while when i first started using discord) but they are MUCH faster than i am :rofl: Amazing :pleading_face:

6 Likes

Thatā€™s so funny! I didnā€™t even see your DM until just now when you mentioned it here! :smile:

Iā€™m not used to discord, and itā€™s hard for me to even find the DMs in discord. :wink:

4 Likes

Haha! Thatā€™s one way to handle it! lol

BTW, love that Simpson gif! :smile:

4 Likes

Mm I would like to participate if yā€™all thinking about it. I have microphone as a result of my failure music career on YouTube but I would like to share my experience.

3 Likes