Problem with the badges

Hello!
I’ve recently noticed that although I have contributed more than 2000 subtitles in a Japanese drama, I didn’t receive any badge.
Does anyone else have the same problem? Have I misunderstood something?

1 Like

Hi @addictedtobooks!

Don’t worry, you haven’t misunderstood anything. :slight_smile: There’s been a technical problem with the granting of the Japanese badges for a long time now. They just don’t appear automatically, so you have to request them so that the Viki staff can add them by hand.
You can make your request here: https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

By the time I found out and requested, I got 3 badges at once! :rofl:
And you will also get 2 if you request them now, one for 300 and one for 1000.

Btw, keep in mind that Viki’s office hours are Monday to Friday, 9 to 5-ish or so, Singapore time, so they may not get to it before the weekend.

3 Likes

This week and next week Viki has planned many maintenances, and they mentioned badges as well, so I would wait until those are done, if you still miss a badge after that, then I would write a request at help center.

2 Likes

Oh, do you think the Japanese badge issue might be solved as well during the maintenance? It’s a long-term issue … :thinking:

1 Like

No, I don’t think at all, but since we don’t know what exactly will be done, I am sure they have a huge pile of work and requests will probably take longer anyway. So maybe, a very vague maybe the issue will be solved and if not better send a request after.

6 Likes

I guess you’re right.

So, @addictedtobooks, wait till after the 17th with sending your request. In the meantime you can maybe write more Japanese subtitles and reach 10,000, so that you can get 3 badges at once! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! :heart_eyes: I’ll probably do that. It won’t hurt waiting for a little.

1 Like