Put on a smile

I always buy a bag of dried stinging nettle :blush:
Very useful :smiley:

3 Likes
2 Likes
@adrianmorales,

These aren’t, what’s known as, poison ivy right? :worried:
https://images.app.goo.gl/nV5x5PwcHHRgjUAc8
I checked some more, I guesss this article explains it.

STINGING HAIRS

Linnaeus chose Urtica as the generic name for good reason: it derived from the Latin verb uro, burn. The tiny spines along the stems and on the underside of the leaves are hardly noticed. But when touched, they re-lease formic acid, the same chemical that lends authority to ant bites and bee stings. In a few seconds any skin that has touched the nettle begins to burn and sting. The stinging may last only a few minutes or as long as an hour. Though the skin may itch and welt (17), rarely is any real harm done (16). Though nettle is not as severe or contagious as poison ivy [Toxicodendron radicans (L.) Ktze.], it can be a nuisance to recreationists (15).Several species of nettle from the warmer countries cause intense pain if carelessly handled. Among them is U. urentissima from Java, which produces a painful inflammation that can last for several weeks (9). Fortunately the juice of nettle is also the antidote for its own sting, and when this is applied to the part affected it generally brings rapid relief (9). An application of dilute alcohol is another remedy for the burning and itching (6).
Source:
https://wssa.net/wp-content/themes/WSSA/WorldOfWeeds/nettles.html

2 Likes

I’m not an expert or anything, but they’re definitely different. Urtica leaves are edible. Lots of people around here eat them, and they’re just fine. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Got it! :+1:t5:🪴 :wink:

2 Likes

Short Vids :blush:
Happy ending, you’ll smile while watching the first, and giggle watching the second. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

As someone who played the game - this was awesome :smile:

My big boy Orenji and I took a couple of selfies because every man ought to be a macho man, to live a life of freedom. Machos make a stand! :smile_cat: :bearded_person:

20220423_161025

20220423_161029

20220423_161105

20220423_161114

4 Likes

Nice @adrianmorales!!
Loving your A Day In The Life photo ops! Such a beautiful day too!! Love it all!! The sun being out is so good! :+1:t5::blush::sunflower:

1 Like

Thank you so much. Yes, I can’t believe Spring has finally come. :cherry_blossom:
Have yourself a wonderful weekend. :grin:

2 Likes

Weirdly inspirational? :laughing:

1 Like

Don’t get turned off by the thumbnail, smiles await!
Frozen kitten :cat2: :paw_prints: brought back to life.
The chronicle is in this playlist of six short videos.
There are smiles in each posted video.

Reminds me of the origin story for the household microwave :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Enlighten me, is it a drama? If so I haven’t watched.

@leerla73

1 Like

1 Like

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

3 Likes

“A friend gives hope when life is low. A friend is a place when you have nowhere to go. A friend is honest. A friend is true. A friend is precious. A friend is you.”

20220502_094315

20220502_094321

20220502_094327

5 Likes

For some reason the eyes look quite funny :laughing:

3 Likes