Putting Up The Christmas Tree šŸŽ„

I love your cat in the Christmas tree pictures. I havenā€™t put up a full-sized Christmas tree since probably 2007 or 2008 partly for personal reasons and partly because in 2009 I moved to an apartment and didnā€™t have the room for it. Since I have now moved to a nearly 1500 sq ft house, I have more room so I put up a full-sized tree for Christmas. I have a half Siamese/half barn cat name Smokie that is very gentle and timid but I was leery that she would channel Paul Bunyon and attempt to crawl into the tree or enact some other cat mischief. I am very happy to report that most of the time, she lays on the tree skirt, typically when the tree lights are off, and quietly observes the room. She does get wound up once in a while with her cat nip mouse when it mysteriously bounces near the tree skirt and she feels the need to bat it around near and slightly under the tree skirt. Itā€™s been fun watching her gently interact with a 6ā€™ tall tree. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

same here, just do decorations

1 Like

We used to put up the christmas tree but I havenā€™t done it in awhile.

1 Like

321507705_479589407581137_9118048026713162777_n !)

3 Likes

321122553_2293988047439422_3951090844462668921_n

3 Likes

320534083_450808593923221_1602605640797455025_n%20(1)

3 Likes

anyone? I wait till Jan 6 to take down decorations, an old tradition, ā€œold Christmasā€

3 Likes

I once took decorations down twenty days after Christmas as it was a tradition but nowadays I donā€™t put up as much so it doesnā€™t really matter when I put it all away. ,:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This will tell you everything:

When I start putting up my Christmas decorations every year, my son usually says to me, ā€œLooking forward to having these up until March.ā€

:rofl:

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl: Wow! :joy:

2 Likes

great!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I always left my decorations until January 6th as my ā€˜ā€˜Isla Del Encantoā€™ā€™ tradition, but this year on January 1st. EVERYTHING was taken down and stored neatly in the closet. Too many ppl in my familia with COVID, and the news from China are heartbreaking, too The spirit of Christmas left with the OLD YEAR, tooā€¦:cry:

1 Like

I finally took my Christmas tree down and packed it away yesterday (Sunday). Hanging head in shameā€¦

4 Likes

@stardust2466

Thereā€™s nothing to be making you to be ā€˜ā€˜hanging your head in shameā€™ā€™ since in my Island this is about the time they start bringing the tree down and christmas decorations/celebrations finally ends. We have something call the ā€˜ā€˜octavitasā€™ā€™ that are followed after January 6th (The Three Wise Men day). Itā€™s christmas music and food offered to everyone that comes into your home ā€˜ā€˜to keep the christmas spiritā€™ā€™ going. Although alcohol is a must, not every household needs to offer it to get a ā€˜ā€˜parrandaā€™ā€™
What does parranda mean in Spanish slang?
GT
A parranda (English: party or spree) is a Puerto Rican music tradition that takes place in Puerto Rico during the Christmas holiday season.

About them ā€˜ā€˜octavitasā€™ā€™

Octavitas. The eight days after Three Kings Day are known in Puerto Rico as las octavitas, an extension of Christmas were people keep throwing parties and going on parrandas. Originally, the octavitas were parties of a religious nature and were used to glorify the Virgin Mary and Jesus with songs.

2 Likes

Hopefully everyone has put up their trees, for those planning on having up a tree.
Here is something fun while you await the day! :blush:
:dizzy::gift::christmas_tree::gift::christmas_tree::gift::christmas_tree::gift::dizzy::gift::christmas_tree::gift::christmas_tree::gift::christmas_tree::gift::dizzy:

Enjoy your day dear @simi11! :blush:

1 Like

I only made a Christmas wreath with 4 candles and at the entrance door a red sock with ornaments, thatā€™s all. Iā€™m still unpacking and assembling furniture after the move. It advances slowly. Iā€™ll decorate next year :christmas_tree: :gift: I have a family gathering tomorrow so Iā€™ll get to see a xmas tree :wink: :deer:

2 Likes

My daughter got creative this year and in a wall she did a tree with green garland and put small ornaments and in the middle as ā€˜ā€˜lightsā€™ā€™ she added gold ribbons in a crisscross shape. I added a small table with a Christmas skirt in gold and beige and added the wrapped gifts under this simple but gorgeous tree. I hope the New Year brings PEACE to the WORLD and unity among nations.

3 Likes