QC Gift 2017 EMAIL NOT RECIEVED

In this case Viki should state, that they will start to send out the messages with the gift code and this procedure will take some weeks. I don’t volunteer on Viki to get some gifts, but if they grant gifts, I want one, too! :yum:

1 Like

I think the “count/status” is likely counted by December 2016, whoever got 3000 this year in 2017 will get the gift next year if I have it right… anyone?

1 Like

I have received it. Maybe it hasn’t been all sent out yet?

1 Like

I havent received one too

I also haven’t received it.

Exactly what I was thinking, maybe they are sending them in groups of people at a time.

I already sent my order last sunday and am waiting anxiously for the products to get here already. The prices and the products are great! A plus for me they also they had sale price during 3 days so that was the golden egg in the voucher THANK YOU SO MUCH to CEO and all those in charge of providing us volunteers with a token of appreciation.
I love a bag I got a while back with viki logo when I go anywhere with it they say I watch viki! and when I tell them I do Spanish subs they say I must be reading your subs thank you for that! It’s a small world after all.

4 Likes

Yes I think so or at least it used to be like that when it was still called the end of year gift for QC’s.

2 Likes

the last gift I got in 2016 was just for QC not Gold, I had 19,000+ in December 2015 if I remember it right :wink:

Hi All,

Just wanted to reach out and let everyone know that we are actively looking into this. As each case is unique, we’re asking that those who wish to reach out to us do so through qc@viki.com if you haven’t done so already. We will be responding to all inquiries regarding these gifts through that handle.

Jimmy
Community Manager

3 Likes

If we wish?
This means that it’s not enough to have a list of us people who didn’t get it, but it is better to also write an email? If you tell us to do it we’ll do it, no problem, but the “if you wish” is a bit confusing to me, as it may mean that it is not necessary.

I would have already done so, if I would have known this email adress! Anyways, thank you for this information.

2 Likes

Hello @jimmy_l Welcome on Viki board, thank you for your support as Community Manager :bouquet:

1 Like

I didn’t get mine either :cry:

Got my reply from viki staff about this matter. They claim they asked me to verify my email back in February and I didn’t so as I have been given the impression I won’t get anything for this year. That sucks because I really can’t remember getting an email then and if it did it couldn’t have mentioned that because then I sure would verify my email. Since I have verified my email in the past I didn’t feel was necessary so I haven’t verified it then.

But do you receive other notifications from viki on that email?

Yes I am. Everything.

I didn’t receive that PM either but friends told me as I didn’t receive last years gift. So I was kind of like uh oh not again but when I wanted to verify my mail there was no verify button so I guess I didn’t receive that PM because mine was already verified. And I did receive the coupon.
It’s a mess…

Last year I got my present

I haven’t received that email either and I have send an email to viki asking about it. Until now, VIKI haven’t replied me yet.

Hi,

I already sent a ticket and got answers. Thanks for answering :slight_smile:
But I still repeat myself, I didn’t receive a PM or email in my personal mailbox telling me to verify my email address before Friday, February 24th to be able to receive QC gift.
I just asked a friend today who got this mail on February 16th and here is the mail that I should have received on February 16th but I didn’t receive:

"RE: QC Gifts – Please verify your email!
Hello!
It’s that time of year again – time for the annual QC gifts! This year’s gifts will be digital, so they will be sent via email. It appears that your email address associated with you Viki account has not yet been verified, so to ensure that you receive your gift, please verify your email address by 3pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) on Friday, February 24th.
The email that’s currently associated with your Viki account is the email address we will be using to reach out to you, so please be sure you are able to access it!
Follow these steps to verify your email:

1. Logged in to Viki, head to your Account Settings from the drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner.
  2. Under the Email Settings section, click on the blue “Verify Now” link. This will send an email to the address listed.
  3. Open your email inbox, and find the email verification message from Viki. Open the message and follow the steps in the email to complete the verification process.
    photo Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 11.51.46 AM.jpg
    Thanks,
    The Viki Community Team"

I never received, nor read this email before today and I was on Viki during this period (answering to PMs, contributing activity, Nssa 3rd anniversary: it’s easy to verify this).

I keep all my emails from Viki and I keep all PMs on Viki&gmail, I don’t put them in trashbin, if Viki staff can check my Viki inbox about 3 months ago or my trashbin history on Viki or if they can search my name in the list of QCs they sent this email, I am not in the list of people who got this message on February 16th. It’s a mystery for me.

I got QC newsletter on February 16th, 2017 from Kristine but it’s not the correct email (n°14 in screenshot and the mail screenshot). So I received and still receive everything from Viki in my gmail: notifications when I receive answers from contributors on Viki discussions forum, PMs on Viki, Help center forms filled and answers from Viki support, rating Viki support answers, Viki newsletter, changing Viki password, etc. But strangely, this specific gift email has never reached 2 inboxes: my Viki inbox, nor my gmail inbox. Where’s Charlie?

Maybe there was some bug on Viki when this email was sent? Or the list of QCs was incomplete before sending this email? But then, how come I got the QC newsletter on February 16th?

I went to check at the same period on Viki inbox and on my gmail inbox linked to Viki (see screenshots) to be sure I didn’t forget this email but clearly how could I verify my email address to pretend to QC gift before this deadline if I never received this PM, if I wasn’t aware of this event. I don’t think that I would forget to verify my address to receive a QC gift from Viki… Plus, I was on Viki during this period and in one click, I could have done it easy, I might forget things but still, I don’t have Alzheimer XD

I also asked another QC gold friend who’s on Viki since a long time ago. She has never verified her email address (the “verify your email address” system was implemented mid-February 2017 with Viki new look so this button didn’t exist before). But she still received her QC gift 2017. So I was wondering why we didn’t have the same rights whereas we are in the same situation (not verifying email address before February 24th) and then went checking with other QCs who got the gift.

So if this is a lottery QC gift or some restriction budget for this event or a Viki bug, then tell QCs so, it’s okay with me. I don’t really care (I didn’t even know QC gifts existence until now and if I had one, I wanted to give it to my relative so nevermind, she won’t know that she lost something but she could have come into Viki to contribute because of that and other things).

I’m being a little persistent on this, on a better communication. Not that I don’t like the concept of this website and the community feeling, not that I’m not grateful for what Viki staff has done and is already doing like helping/answering/resolving bugs and much stuff I’m not aware on Viki (I always say a honest thanks because I would have a big headache reading/resolving bugs all day so I appreciate), but I think that showing this situation and some others as examples to indicate where to enhance things on Viki, pinpointing this and other situations would help building a long term relationship more reliable and peaceful between Viki&contributors (who are also customers and watchers and who advertise Viki with people they know). And yes, just for the principles of a better transparency with contributors, a better image of Viki from inside/outside and a better communication between Viki&contributors who make Viki alive for free, I’m being a little persistent. Just a few extra words, a few extra announcements can make great difference and less tickets filled by contributors to read/resolve/answer for Viki staff.

Next year, I hope there will be no bug and a better organization overall since it’s not the first time this event is held and if I receive a QC gift 2018 in my inbox, I might give it to someone else who will have a better use of it or to Viki staff if it can help them and I would be less paranoid on Viki XD I still have fun on this website despite some bugs sometimes, so please don’t kill the fun with specific issues, communication that could have been better and lost contributors XD

Thanks for reading!

Viki inbox around February 16th, when I should have received the “QC Gifts – Please verify your email!”:

>Gmail inbox around the same period:

The only official email from Viki community on February 16th that I received (n°14 in green on previous screens)

3 Likes