QC Gift Winter 2023

I usually go for the physical gifts, but due to food allergies, I will have to skip this year :sweat_smile:.
Nice option though

6 Likes

I’m not sure who else to ask, so I hope you don’t mind if I ask you since you’ve picked the gift card before. Do you need to give Viki your credit card information? I assume not, but I started contributing this year, so I’m new to this. Also, are there any limits on where you can spend this gift card or is it literally anywhere? Because I live in Europe and a non-EU country where we have barely any contributors from, so I’m not sure how valid it would be for us. :joy:

3 Likes

It’s a digital and comes with it’s own numbers… There are electronic visas and so on, so there is no problems for those who pick that option.

4 Likes

Okay, thank you so much for your help! :heart: Do you have to use it on just one purchase in one place or is it valid until you spend the 50 dollars?

3 Likes

You could generate a masters card, I don’t know if it is the same this time. Last time I choose the physical card to use, that created a minus of 5 Euros or Dollars and another 10 days to arrive via mail delivery, and then you create a digital purse.
Sounds complicated, but even I got it working.
I do not know if there was an option for your phone, but I guess? Maybe someone else knows?
Sorry, almost forgot, you can use it like any other card. You will get a PIN and can use it in different shops, for different occasions until you spent it all. I think it is okay for 1 year to use, after a year the usage of the card will no longer be free.

Hope, I still remember it correctly.

4 Likes

You may find what you want to know in this discussion:

5 Likes

Decided to go for the giftcard because I saw the snackbox can contain some things I cannot eat as a vegetarian :slight_smile: If we can select the same giftcard as last year I’m going to spend it on a lego set. :laughing:

10 Likes

Ah, thank you so much for the explanation! I really appreciate it. :heart: I’m hoping they also give step-by-step instructions in the email, especially if there are any changes, because in this app-centric online-paying day and age, I somehow still only know how to do online shopping in only the straight-forward way, which is to just type in the card numbers and click “Pay now”. :joy:

Oh, thank you! I’ll check it out! :heart:

Same here! Plus I wasn’t sure how food delivery would go down at our border. :joy: I’m still thinking on what to spend mine on, but I’m leaning toward either some books, the book nerd that I am, or one of those jade rings they always wear in K-Dramas if I can find one, because I’m kind of obsessed with how pretty they are and I’ve wanted one ever since I first saw them. :joy:

5 Likes

I’ve also had the giftcard before. They just ask you to choose which store (you get a limited selection based on the country of residents you choose) you want to spend it at and give you a code to redeem it at that store. I think this year it’ll be the same.

2 Likes

You could also choose virtual Visa card which you could use on whatever

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the help and explanations, guys! :heart:

2 Likes

I will… I wouldn’t probably eat all those snacks, but my daughter can use the giftcard in the US or I’ll buy her something. I’m surprised the giftcard is only in US$.
Thanks Viki !

In my form there wasn’t any question about a store selection it said either US$ gift card, snack or opting out of the gift. - Am I the only one???

3 Likes

You get that option when you get the email to redeem the giftcard.
I didn’t keep the email from last year, so I don’t remember all the details, but you’ll get instructions on how and where to redeem the giftcard.

5 Likes

Last time Viki did use Tremendous for the giftcard. That’s a service where you can pick the giftcard you want from a selection and the $50 will be converted in euro’s. You can ask for a Visa card, use it for a donation but also pick a card from Zalando and many others. I assume they use the same service now as well. You will get a mail from Viki later and then from Tremendous as well. If they use the same service that is.

8 Likes

Each year it’s the same form to fill. So I’ve decided to make an alternance. Year A > physical gift / year B > digital gift. This year it will be the digital gift for me. Last year I was happy with those t-shirts! I’m really curious about the physical gift and snacks. I hope people will share pictures of it here.

11 Likes

So do I :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Hey, when have you received your gift? I mean digital, and how will you know you got this?

3 Likes

Then I hope I can just choose the prepaid Visa card so I can use it anywhere.

3 Likes

I opted for the digital gift last time. It was like any other email from Viki.

Then clicking on Redeem will take you to the stores available. I redeemed it on Flipkart.

8 Likes

Last year we got it in march but maybe this year we will get it sooner.

I got the same mail as shraddhasingh.

4 Likes