QC gifts for volunteers

@anamaria_13_392 buy both things at the same time

2 Likes

Is Canada really that slow? And I thought mail in my country wasā€¦ but compared to Canada itā€™s faster then lightning. But still quite a few packages get lost somewhereā€¦

Yes it isā€¦ and it seems it is particularly horrible in the pacific northwest.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AsianBeauty/comments/634h8r/rant_raves_and_mini_reviews/dfrce5m/

I found the reddit link I linked from r/Canada to be quite informative as to whyā€¦Canada Post is not up to par.

Here is a detailed log of what these poor humans have to go through:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AsianBeauty/comments/5ro2yt/fellow_canadians_our_packages_are_stuck_at_customs/

It seems DHL forces them to pay customs randomly or always even if below the allowed amount for Canada.

Shipping is not free, itā€™s just included in the coupon. Thatā€™s the way my order worked.

Customs always calculate order cost+shipping.

Well, I went over the allotted amount and I know thereā€™s a chance Iā€™ll get caught in customs. For me itā€™s just something that happens every once in a while and it seems very random. Made an order from some Chinese shop that was for some reason split into three shipments. Two made it through, the third I had to pay customs for.

Iā€™m generally a happy tax payer who likes the services those taxes provide for us, but I get a bit annoyed at the extra fee they put on top of the customs here. The fee is like 25 dollars even if the customs are only 2 dollars. Itā€™s not like I have any way to pay or declare up front (I would if I could, itā€™s far cheaper), and purchases I make abroad are usually purchases I canā€™t make elsewhere.

1 Like

Yikes! I didnā€™t know about this.

None of my Amazon orders have taken more than a month. Hopefully this order is the same. :pray:

Their clothes and shoes are super tempting but Iā€™ve heard too many horror stories. Skin care products are great. (If you want recommendations, feel free to askā€¦Iā€™m slightly obsessed lol)

I spent my coupon on a set of Marco Renoir watercolour pencils. Theyā€™re not artist quality, but based on video reviews, theyā€™ll be good enough for my needs. :smiley:

2 Likes

well I feel stumped, I didnā€™t think anything about any custom feeā€¦ I wonder if there will be, usually gifts under 1 kg from Switzerland I never paid anything, once an chocolate Easter bunny arrived after 1 month (assuming was lost) smashed to pieces. Recently 1 letter was stuck at the post facility next to a scanning machine for 2-3 weeks, itā€™s a miracle they found it since I complained. Well letā€™s see.
Also the 10% off for first time customers will NOT work, they accept only 1 code!! I asked them!

@trangle8507 Iā€¦have a cosmetics obsession and already went through all of yesstyle. There are two products which are EVEN LOWER THAN IN KOREA. but for Japanese products I have no ideaā€¦

The Canmake Mermaid UV gel SPF 50+ PA+++ is a really nice shiny sunscreen that can act as a primer. My Isehan Kiss Me Heavy Rotation Coloring Eyebrow No. 4 is my HG of all time. Too bad there is no shu uemura or else I would also recommend that to EVERYONE WHO HAS NO EYEBROWS! (like me).

I think Yesstyle is Hong Kong based? If your country and China has a free trade agreement no fees are due.

1 Like

Do you know about sleeping pack? What is that? The product is often put in the jar. Do you know what cosmetics in there to remove pigmentation from the skin?

Two tone lip bar that Song Hye Kyo used is on sale in there.

I hate that two-tone lipstick trend, I hope it would go awayā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

A sleeping pack is a semi-occlusive that people may choose to put on as their ā€œlast skincare productā€ before they go to sleep.

As for pigmentation scientific papers say: vitamin c, arbutin (hydroquinone derivative), hydroquinone (USA regulates this as a drug so you need a prescription), alpha hydroxy acids (AHA), and niacinamide. From experience licorce, and willow bark extracts also give me this effect. I am having great effects with andalou naturals tumeric + c enlighten serum ($16 on amazon).

My pigmentation is sun-damage and all the ā€œwhiteningā€ products is not skin bleaching but more likeā€¦ trying to reverse sun damage and put your skin back to what itā€™s tone was pre-sun damage.

People on www.reddit.com/r/asianbeauty <= the largest English community for Asian beauty products; have said they have success with this Scinic Honey All-in-One ampoule. I think because of the niacinamide (scientific papers say a maximum of 4% is effective). I personally use this ā€œsleeping pack productsā€ as a lazy 1 step. I put on some toner because I like toner and then this ā€œsleeping pack.ā€ Sleeping packs I tried and liked A LOT are the mamonde rose honey (discontinued) and a close one I found was the ā€œmediheal petalpoten hydrop essential rose mask.ā€ These products taught me I like gel textures. Someone enabled me to buy the Scinic Iceland Water All-in-One ampoule. Another one I liked using was the Vichy Thermalia Aqua Night Spa (yes this was #1 ranked in Hong Kong and sold at CVS for $28 dollars when not on sale). However it has fragrance pretty high up on its ingredients list and has some dyes, so I would not recommend for particularly sensitive skin. Itā€™s occlusive properties were meh. It feels like some gel texture, but is okay at hydration. It is a WONDERFUL neck cream.

The product I am trying to get for hyperpigmentation, the Gowoonsaesang Dr. G Hydra-brightening capsule serum is not carried by yesstyle. Iā€™m trying to get a buying service to get it for me. It is also sold at Nordstrom for too much money. BTW I still did not get my yesstyle voucher! @jimmy_l Could you update us on the IDs that did not receive this email?

2 Likes

Because lip balms and lipsticks from S Korea are better than those in the United States. Thereā€™s one time I used lipstick from the U.S and get cold sore.

I would politelyā€¦disagree :stuck_out_tongue: I wait for sales at MAC and get them for 12.75. Very high quality for a $13 dollar lipstick!!! (the prices for Korean? not sure about the other countries are at least $13 if not more expensive)

I had a lot of trouble finding any lip balm I liked out of Korean products. In fact many of us just use Lanisoh (also known as nipple cream) because the highest ingredient is lanolin (sheep sebum). I am using Buttered Brazils from Lush (UK cosmetics brand). It is all-natural oils. However I have yet to find a more cost-effective lip mask (overnight occlusive product) than the Aritaum Ginger Sugar Overnight Lip Mask. I get 25 grams for a bit less than $9. It lasts me 6 months and fixed my lips in three days. Normally they peel, bleed, scab, and bleed again for 365 days a year! Thanks to this product I can wear even matte liquid lipstick!!! I used to have such dry lips I could not even dare wear ANY lipstick, only lip gloss.

3 Likes

Thank you, i didnā€™t sure.

Itā€™s likely because US allows more chemicals to be used, itā€™s the same in food, lots of chemicals would not pass in Europe, all these chemicals are carcinogenic, itā€™s toxic, I make my own skincare productsā€¦ the problem with quality skincare without many preservative or chemicals has a short expiration.

2 Likes

as I searched for the Andalou product this tread showed up on google search ;):scream:

Thereā€™s no objection here about MAC that is so famous so that many YouTubers recommend.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen great differences between US and EU products, even the same color from the same brand has different coding, name and even ingredients. I had horrible experiences with some Korean beauty products, great with others. Usually pricier products are better pigmented, but not always safer for our skin.

Especially with beauty products, Iā€™d say itā€™s a hit or miss for each person.

My all-time favorite lip balm is this, btw https://www.apivita.com/hellas/proswpo/xeilh/bio-eco-lip-care-me-meli. Literally the best Iā€™ve tried globally, and Iā€™m obsessed with lip products.

MAC lipsticks donā€™t work for me, maybe the ingredients are different in Greece, I donā€™t know, but I never got the hype. I always turn to my trusted YSL.