QC gifts for volunteers

The same for me. I even checked my Junk Mail.

2 Likes

I have contact cris_o who is working with these issues. As soon as I have any news I will share them with you

1 Like

Thanks. I have sent her a message too. I will also tell you if I hear anything.

1 Like

@marisol_inf I ordered there before and they are not a shady online shop whatsoever. If I’m not mistaken Yesstyle is a sister company of Yesasia maybe you do know that site. If you need to pay customs and such depends on how lucky you are. I’m ordering stuff from all over the world for 10+ years already and the first time they caught me was 5 years ago and then it happened 3 times in a row. How much you need to pay seems to be random as everytime I had to pay less then I calculated. In total I had to pay extra for 4 packages so far out of the I don’t know how many I ordered in all those years.

I have a tip though: If you want to buy something expensive don’t order it around Christmas time (let’s say from november - january) the chances you get caught then are higher. Unless there is no risk for extra costs.
If you order something from the same continent chances are you don’t have to pay extra customs. Like if you are from Europe you don’t have to pay customs or whatever when your package is shipped from somewhere in Europe too.

2 Likes

I don’t think the thing is not to get “caught”. Whether your package runs through customs depends on the value and your country’s policies. It’s luck whether they’ll destroy it when they open it or not, though. Or steal it.

I opted to return an item unopened and reorder (and I really needed that) than try to trick customs, the fuss is not worth it.

1 Like

Over here they don’t check every package, there is simply to much, so it’s still based on luck as they pick packages at random along with the suspicious ones of course. Also the mark it as gift trick doesn’t always work either because to many shops used it in the past. If they suspect it’s not a gift but something you ordered you still have to pay and at random they ask you to fill in forms to prove the value of the package is correct.

Sending it back because you have to pay import fees/tax won’t work as you still have to pay them as it’s already imported. You can only ask the sender to cover those costs but I never saw any webshop doing that.

1 Like

Customs and IRS. The worst in every country. :slight_smile:

@dudie, Oh! I have already researched a bit and apparently don’t charge my customs for my country if my package is less of $30 USD,
I’ll consider your advice, thanks so much. Let’s see how this plays out. :grinning:

Can I use the coupon in two purchase ?

According to terms and conditions, the coupon can only be used once.

1 Like

Should I purchase sneakers on YesStyle? Those sneakers on that site are prettier than those in the United States. What’s worth buying in there with 20-buck?

I never buy shoes online, and I’ve also noticed shoes made in Asia are usually shorter and wider for the same size. But the products on YesStyle look decent.

1 Like

No, in Greece you can do that. I had ordered a package and the duties + holding fees (they held it for control as it was health supplements and now with Codex Alimentarius everything is suspicious) etc
 were 90 euros, when the value of the package was 80 euros. So I sent it back, and there was no problem.

1 Like

Can you tell me if you know something about this?

yep nothing. I checked again :frowning:

If you are from Canada, be prepared to wait as long as 5.5 months. It’s not yesstyle’s fault, it is customs. I believe “premium” shipping may mean DHL aka you will have to pay customs fees even if below the amt for no fees (in Canada) but will get to you in a few days assuming it doesn’t go through Canada Post

You can read more about the Canadian plight here: https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comments/5nag2m/canadians_help_me_out_here_what_is_wrong_with/

1 Like

Hello. Yes I will. Nothing for now.

1 Like

They forgot us. I also sent a PM to the Viki QC mail. But I still haven’t any response.

2 Likes

The coupon is for $20 or for $30 and shipping for QC’s is free so no need to calculate in the amount but I guess you might have to consider it for customs

Yes-- mailing something to Canada is the pits – anything first class mailed arrives in Canada from the US in three day or less but, it then sits in Canada. I understand Customs in Canada is really slow. So I sent a letter with nothing but the letter in it and it took over a week to get to my receiver

2 Likes