QC Gifts - Thank you Viki!

I’ve ordered from Yesstyle several times before. And from experience I can tell you that it depends on what you are ordering and the brand you are ordering from (if you haven’t noticed every item is from a certain brand/shop).
Usually the descriptions and pictures are pretty accurate. However do check the reviews of the item AND of the brand to make sure they usually deliver up to expectations before ordering.
However keep in mind that quality is usually dependent on price; don’t expect outstanding quality from cheap products but it is generally decent.

I don’t know if it helps because it’s someone else’s experience.
Yestyle Clothing Refund
Yesstyle Return Policy

Yes, there are. But I’m not only talking of beauty products. I browsed household and kitchen items, gadgets etc. to see if there was something “exotic”. Actually I was looking for dosirak-style lunchboxes but was open to anything somehow unusual. Apart from lunchboxes and chopsticks, very few things that couldn’t be found in Europe. The price in European sites is more or less the same for instance at http://www.lakeland.co.uk/.
I bought some beauty things such as eyebrow colouring stuff which is not available in my part of the world.

1 Like

I was personally tempted by a teaset. Then realized my parents own much more expensive high quality things and this would take up room. A whole set for $38!!!

As far as yesstyle pricing in general @dudie the European cosmetics and North American cosmetic markup was horrid. $28 at my local pharmacy vs. $63+ dollars on Yesstyle. However some of the pricing was really strange…

Did anyone order beauty products?

I’m trying to finalize my order and wanted to order products that are not easy to find here in the states. My cart is getting full. :wink:

I did. Online only non-mainstream brands are hard to find in the states. One thing that’s not hard to find? Anything in the AP product family, TonyMoly, and CosRx.

Japanese things are SUPER annoying to source. As you can see some of the markup is horrible. Amazon.jp is about as accurate as the prices in Japan itself.

I ordered stuff from swanicoco.

I wanted to try their masks. Hmm…might just pick one up.

@kokoronospekkoek My mom and I have purchased clothes on YesStyle. Based on our own personal experience, it’s really a hit and miss. Let’s elaborate on it.

Please try to check the measurements and measure yourself before ordering anything if you can. Furthermore, if you don’t have a petite frame, short stature or normal to underweight, please refrain from purchasing clothing.

If you do, please plan on ordering up as the Asian sizing may be too small to fit our frame. It feels like junior or teenage-size clothing.

I personally purchased a dress that looks really good in the photo. However when it arrived, it was boxier than expected.

In terms of the fit, it was about a medium size for North American sizing despite it was a 2XL from China. For reference on sizing, I’m 5’6 and 127 lb. The corduroy was thin but soft and the hem was nicely done. I would complain about the poor neckline and waistline that could have fitted better. Overall, it’s definitely a dress that needs a pair of legging or skinny jeans to pair with to look good.

My mom ordered a cat hoodie that she originally intended to use for jogging by the river. She order the large, long sleeve. Unfortunately, it was too small to fit her. Hence, I decide to model it for her:

The hoodie was definitely a fail. Despite it was advertised as 80% off with an original price tag of $80, it was far from what we expect for that price. There was un-parallel buttons to button holes, loose hem, loose threads, the cat ears have unhemmed edges. It was really short so I added a dress from Zara with a pair of dark skinny jeans to make it look better. Try not to buy from those bargain items they put on sale but rather go for quality.

The headband with cat ears was fair. My mom got the black one. The quality was fine except it was really tight and a bit painful to wear. It also slips off over time as it’s so small that in contracts off your head.

Overall, this is my review based on personal experience, please take it with a grain of salt. Let me know your experience later on if you do purchase clothing on YesStyle.

2 Likes

I bought skin care items that were priced better than Amazon’s prices. Some of their prices are the same as Amazon, some are more than Amazon and some are way less than Amazon. I read the reviews of the products on Amazon and several other sites before making my decision. I was pleased with the speed of delivery. I think it was about ten days from China to me for shipping – it came by mail. I wasn’t noticeably longer to arrive than stuff I’ve ordered at Amazon or ebay which originated in Hong Kong, China or Korea. This was my first time buying stuff from there. I will definitely buy again if I want something they carry and it’s cheaper than at Amazon.

3 Likes

Ah… I didn’t look at them specifically, but I tend to buy them by box so a single mask is no more than a dollar. They normally go for 3,000 ₩ each.

I like Leaders, Mediheal. For cheap masks, I liked Etude House Air Therapy 0.2mm and Innisfree It’s Real Squeeze sheet masks. These are normally 1,000 won and if on sale they can be 500 won.

@mirna023_316 I have better experience with Asian sheetmasks then with European/Us sheetmasks. They are more moist (mostly to a point it’s dripping) and so far didn’t give me any allergic reaction. I tried sheetmasks from Tony Moly, Missha, Guardian, Innisfree and I have a few sheetmasks of BeautyMate which I haven’t tried yet.

I usually order from Amazon. Where do you buy from?

I have tried Tony Moly and Innisfree. I like Tony Moly the best. I guess they are a good match for my skin.

My go to is California-based bbcosmetic.com because they have free international shipping and tracking. For sheet masks I go to the physical location of masksheets.com when they have good sales (it’s in my hometown).

If I want something specific I try ebay or amazon. If they don’t have it I request on beautyboxkorea.com (for no additional mark up).

As a community I really like reddit.com/r/asianbeautyadvice.

2 Likes

Amy, you look cute in that cat hoodie! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you live in the U.S? Walmart sells a sheet mask with $2.50 per sheet comparing to a Korean store near my school with $0.99 with 10 get 2 free. Cheap or not?

2 Likes

The headband you mentioned is not from Etude, is it? It looks like a copycat of Etude headband so it’s cheaper. My Etude is 5-buck!

Not all items are the same price. I just prefer to wait until sales. I wouldn’t know based on just price. Yes I live in the US.

1 Like

I saw the other day Korean sheet masks package of 5 for $5.99 at Ocean State Job Lot, they had Pomegranate and Ginseng; I haven’t tried them yet but I did the Korean one from Walmart yes a bit pricey, I think $ 2+, they sell also Korean sheet masks at H-Mart (Korean store and online) and there is also Amazon…

I ordered in April travel pouches for cosmetics they were on sale and you can use them either inward or outward and they were in many colors, seems washable it’s nylon and have many compartments. I ordered 3, for mom, daughter and me.
I ordered a Tshirt with hoodie, looks like a nice cotton quality will add update I want to wash it first.
Then 1 skin serum (not tried yet) and 2 animal shaped trivets, not quite wood as I hoped and edges were a bit cracked.
Came exactly as it said 14 days. (I paid the surplus after coupon since I ordered more) I was not able to use 10% off as first time customer, they said you can use ONLY 1 promotion code! I thought that was weird…

Thank You Viki for your gift, I do enjoy it; it was a nice gesture!

PS Talking about cosmetics, anyone knows what these actors use for cream, on screen it looks either kinda oily or very moisturised I’m very curious what that is, I read about that they use skin oils but oil alone does not moisturize…

4 Likes

About to go seriously Off Topic.This is my opinion on the subject:

Oil retains the natural moisture of the skin, so it helps much more than common moisturizers that only act like splashing water on your face. Especially jojoba oil (which is not technically an oil but a wax), will help oily skin stay moisturized and not shiny. I personally only use honey and olive oil to cleanse and jojoba oil or olive oil to moisturize and my skin never looked better. Water is paramount for your skin’s health, but when you drink it.

That shiny effect on screen is over-botoxed skin (and 4 layers of CC cream) and I don’t recommend it to anyone, they look like wax figures.

Clean skin, stay off the sun, don’t smoke and eat healthy, that’ s the most important. I use cosmetics because I want to and they feel nice, so I’m not against them, but they’re not magic.

2 Likes