QC Gifts - Thank you Viki!

I use straight up occlusive carrier oils as moisturizer because I am at times that dry! I am still using my heavy winter moisturizer with no problem.

You can achieve that effect with makeup or with skincare. Skincare it would be lots of hydrating layers. Personally I never got screen noticable glow from anything but carrier oils.

This is for makeup. She is a professional makeup artist of 10+ years who was a director of makeup in a total beauty shop in Cheongdam. She has done lectures and also worked in the MBC Costume and Props Team for many years too.

https://youtu.be/5B1H2e7aOEc

You can only use one coupon code on yesstyle. They don’t stack.

3 Likes

Oh darn! I missed the end of the sale! I shelved my purchase for it but it slipped my mind :frowning:

So interesting to read everyone’s input. What a treasure trove of suggestions. Thank you! I guess now there’s no hurry for me to order anything :slight_smile:

1 Like

Depends on the stock date. I encourage you to look at Japanese products as they’re so annoying to source in the US. Unless you are a small or extra small for women, I have been told not to order clothing as the sizing chart is wrong.

2 Likes

@ajumma2 Thanks for your compliment :smiley: :heart:

2 Likes

@trangle8507 The head band is by Seoul Young, it was $3.61, originally $18.06. My mom decided to go for the 80% off deal. It was made with a fleece material.

1 Like

Because the picture below of the headband of the headband has some Chinese characters. Not sure if Seoul Young is from Korea or China? Most of Chinese stuff are cheap because of cheap labor, aren’t them? Who know if the discount is a trick to attract customers?

My gift arrived today too. A box full with beauty stuff and a cleaner for my glasses (it even works but how to clean it?! :joy: )

4 Likes

I have the same TonyMoly rice mask but I haven’t gotten around to trying it yet. Everything you ordered looks so cute

I got mine on June 15th (I had ordered it on May 28th which was a Sunday).
It came from the Netherlands, so I didn’t have to pay any customs. Just in case, I had asked them to put less than 22 euros as cost (the real one was around 25), and they were kind enough to oblige.
All in all I’m very happy both with viki and with yesstyle.
As for the products, I’m starting to use them this week.

2 Likes

@irmar Didn’t know they had a depot in my country (The Netherlands) too. My stuff always comes from Germany. To my understanding Yesasia/Yestyle sends orders in bulk to one of their depots within Europe and then send it further from there. The plus side is no import fees for us as it’s shipped within Europe, the downside is sometimes you have to wait longer as they most likely wait till their container is full to ship over. My record is between ordering and arrival at home was 7 days
 the longest was about a month.

1 Like

Does this make sense? Why not send from the Netherlands to you, so it comes quicker?

1 Like

Maybe it’s different customs routing and logistics?

Maybe. But on the surface is sounds weird. Warehouse in the Netherlands, customer in the Netherlands, and the package has to come from elsewhere.
But you know, sometimes I order stuff from amazon.co.uk and it comes from strange places in Europe like Germany (not that Germany is strange, but it’s strange that it should go through there).
In Dudie’s case, if it were only once, I would say that maybe the Dutch warehouse was out of stock or something, but she says it’s always like that.

1 Like

It comes from Germany because it’s dead center and that’s where Amazon’s monster EU warehouse is. I had one come from Italy, I think (that must have been due to out of stock).

It makes sense if you think that they move palettes or even whole trucks, not individual parcels, so it’s easier to move a palette from Germany to Netherlands and distribute it, than move individual parcels in Netherlands. It doesn’t always make sense, but shipping rates and regulations rarely make sense anyway.

Kinda off-topic but not really, the same way you can’t bring your own 0,5L bottle of water in the airport, but if you buy it from them and pay for it AFTER the check-in (and give them your sweet money), you can bring a 0,5L bottle of water in the plane. Or spirits, cosmetics etc. Someone, somewhere, decided it makes sense.

3 Likes

The thing I could never understand is how airplane ticket prices work. How come sometimes some seats of the same flight are cheap and others not cheap, and no, it’s not always that buying months before guarantees cheaper prices.
It will remain a mystery to me, probably till I die, because I’m not really interested enough to learn about it properly.

1 Like

Believe it or not, half of it is about safety and access to exits and half is completely manufactured by the companies to create an issue out of nowhere (basically “how deep can we skin our clients?”.

1 Like

No idea how it works but if my theory is correct they might check each time what is cheaper: sending a container with stuff to Germany or The Netherlands
 and maybe one time they send it over by plane and then by boat
 who knows
 And honestly I don’t really care as the shipping is free :wink:

it’s a total science to how to purchase an airplane ticket at the best price

1. when you search too long and come back to the site you were prices will jump as your IP has been recognized (deleting cookies might help before you start over)
  2. some days of the week have favorable prices for tickets than other
    if you do a research online about these factors you might benefit in knowing when to buy, seasonal flying is also a factor

Good luck!!

This is called price discrimination. You’re basically selling to every sector of the customer base. There are different people who will fly on an airplane and it is in its best interest to have it as full as possible. So the businessman who gets his ticket last minute, the family that books 3 weeks in advance, the person who goes home to Asia booking 1 year in advance all on the same flight.

That’s why. You will know if you got the best price because it won’t have nice return policies!!! It is possible to go from ICN to San Diego roundtrip with no stops for ~$300 guess what? It has like no refund or sth!

My econ textbook said the airlines have mastered this technique. Cousin the consultant said the airline actually nets like only $200 or so every flight and this is when it’s totally full!

It’s more complicated than that. It seems that even customers buying on the same day can get different prices. I had a conversation with a person working at an agency once, and she tried to explain but it was so difficult to understand that I now don’t remember a thing.