Quarantine recipe recommendations?

Strawberry daifuku! Love making those in strawberry season.
Also like watching the cooking tree’s videos. She makes very interesting things :smile:

1 Like

oh my goodness! does look delicious, will check the video out in a bit

1 Like

Wow! All of the food looks so good! I can’t wait to try a few recipes!

Finished with a burst of #sugarroses

#theanatomyofaweddingcake #sugarflowers #thefrostery #weddingcakes #modernroyalicing #theartofcake #cheshirewedding #suzannethorp #foreverinbloom #weddingcake

this is wedding cakes, they looked beautiful? who can make them other than these professionals?

we good with this one?? but 8-12 hours apart, guess its Saturday there huh?

Well, it depends on where your “there” is?
In my part of Europe it is 5 pm right now, yes, and Friday it is. Asia or most of it could already have Saturday, everything further east too, until the date line.

Yummy looking, I had my share today raspberry cake, mmmmh.

2 Likes

any more recipes?? come on!!! and I haven’t shared either. salmon cakes? we have fixed chicken till we are “I don’t want any more chicken for awhile” anything, no off the wall stuff! come on give,

oatmeal cookies would be a good snack

1 Like

Fancy some historical recipes? I came across this channel while researching a different recipe and I liked his content :laughing:

Or more modern ones :slight_smile:

1 Like

peanut butter cookies

2 c peanut butter the smooth style
2 c sugar
4 eggs
2 c Nestle toll houyse semi sweets
1 1/2 c nuts pecans
oven 350
mix all ingredients to a good consistancy, spoon bu tablespoon on cookie sheet bake 10-12 minutes.

1 Like

old fashioned tea cookies

1 c softened butter
1 c sugar
2 egg
2 teasp. vanilla
2 1/2 c self rising flour( I used this instead of plain flour) *
confectioners sugar
could add cinnamon or nutmeg,or any other spice

• plain flour if you want to use, that is, 3 c,flour,1/2 teasp baking soda 1/2 teasp salt

oven 350

cream butter & sugar in bowl, stir in egg & sugar, gradually add flour
stir into a ball
rolldough into 1 inch balls, place 2 inches apart on sheet, flaten with fingers, i like to do that with a fork
10 12 min, or turning brown

one more;
A Cup of Tea
(Anonymous)

When the world is all at odds
And the mind is all at sea
Then cease the useless tedium
And brew a cup of tea

There is magic in its fragrence
There is solace in its taste:
And then laden moments vanish
Somehow into space

And the world becomes a lovely thing!
Theres beauty as you see
All because you briefly stopped
To brew a cup of tea.

una excelente opción si es que te gustan los platillos picosos ¨enchilados¨ una buena opción son las enchiladas suizas mexicana.

A continuación esta un video donde se explica a detalle la receta, hay algunas cosas que se hacen con instrumentos muy específicos (como el molcajete) pero no pasa nada si no se le ponen

Ademas este canal tiene muchas recetas de cocina mexicana que te pueden servir

1 Like

I will also look at this too, see, I know just a bit of Spanish, I did read and understand some of this!

well our bread pudding is much different than that, my southern family does it much different! oh wow, now I am hungry for some, y’all it is really good, the southern recipe that is!
[/quote]

these all look soooo good, I will get the recipe, I haven’t had latkas in a very long time( childhood memory)thought it was called something else

chocolate chip cookies, another one
Ingredients

1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned

here is one “recipe” one should do daily

sing, laugh, give smile!!

1 Like

I found out that eggs help against covid19. So I started eating more eggs than usual and was tired of spanish omelette but found this on YT and it looks amazing. Can wait to try it!

2 Likes

sounds interesting, will check it out, thanks, and looks like I can eat that on this diet I am on, again thanks

1 Like

hey check this one out!
what do you think,

1 Like

@frustratedwriter

great and cute idea… but; why roadkill patties name? hahahahaha

roadkill, is when stuff is scraped off the road, be it animal or whatever, thats roadkill burgers

#2. What You’ll Need

• 1 pound U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
  • 1 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 3 teaspoons seafood seasoning (Old Bay)
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil

What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.

2. Place fish on prepared baking sheet and bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork; let cool.

3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, seafood seasoning, parsley, and salt; mix well. Flake fish into breadcrumb mixture and mix gently until well combined. Form mixture into 5 large or 10 small equal-sized “cakes.”

4. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add fish cakes in batches and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden and heated through.

#3 What You'll Need

• 1 (12-ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 3 tablespoons Italian dressing
  • 1 tablespoon sweet relish, drained well
  • 4 slices rye bread
  • 8 tomato slices
  • 4 slices cheddar cheese

What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 10- x 15-inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, Italian dressing, and relish; mix well.
  3. Top each slice of rye bread with two slices of tomato. Spread tuna evenly over tomatoes, then top with cheddar cheese. Place on baking sheet and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.

Check This Out!

• If you’re a fan of pickles, you can add a couple of slices on top of each serving as a finishing touch!
1 Like

Dr Pepper Cupcakes
Have a Dr Pepper fan in your life? Then they’re going to love these! Rich chocolate buttermilk cupcakes with a hint of their favorite fizzy soda.
Course Dessert
Cuisine American
Keyword dr pepper cupcakes, dr pepper dessert, dr pepper dessert recipe, dr pepper dessert recipes, dr pepper desserts
Prep 20 minutes
Cook 18 minutes
Total Time 38 minutes
Yields 22 cupcakes
Calories 336 kcal
Author Chrisy
Ingredients
Chocolate Dr Pepper Cupcakes
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup unsalted butter softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar packed
2 egg room temperature *
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup Dr Pepper
1/2 cup buttermilk
Dr Pepper Cream Cheese Frosting
4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
6 oz cream cheese softened
4 tbsp Dr Pepper to taste
US Customary - Metric
Instructions
For the Chocolate Dr Pepper Cupcakes
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare muffins tin by adding cupcake cup liners (22-24 total).

In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Set aside.

Using a stand mixer (or a hand mixer + large bowl), add in butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat on low until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.

Keeping mixer speed on low, add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix in the Dr Pepper. Add the other half of the dry ingredients as well as the buttermilk. Mix until just combined - try not to overmix. Batter should be thick and fluffy.

Pour cupcake batter into prepared muffin tin, filling cups 2/3 full.

Bake cupcakes (in batches of 12 or so) for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick tester comes out clean.

Place muffin tin on a wire cooling rack to cool for 5-10 minutes, then pop cupcakes out and allow to finish cooling on the wire rack. Wait until cupcakes are completely cooled before applying the frosting.

For the Dr Pepper Cream Cheese Frosting
Use a stand mixer (or a hand mixer + large bowl) on high speed to beat the softened butter until smooth and creamy, roughly 2 minutes.

Drop speed to low and slowly add the powdered sugar. Frosting may be and clumpy at this stage - that is okay.
Keeping speed on low, slowly beat in cream cheese. I’d recommend cutting the cream cheese into 4-5 pieces and mixing in one piece at a time.
Finally, add in the Dr Pepper. This frosting is very forgiving and easy to balance to your tastes. You can add up to 6 tablespoons of Dr Pepper (total) or up to 5 cups of powdered sugar (total) to get the flavor and consistency you’d like.
Decorate cupcakes as desired.
Recipe Notes

• When baking, it’s best to mix eggs that are room temperature. Place whole eggs (still in shell) in a bowl of warm water for 5-10 minutes to bring them down to room temperature quickly.

Recipe adapted from Baked by an Introvert.

1 Like