Quarantine recipe recommendations?

Do you have a healthy recipe to recommend me?

I read an article about soda and liver disease caused by an overdose of sugar, that made me :fearful: because I love Dr Pepper.

In short, they said:

• NASH sickness = soda sickness. Cirrhosis or cancer.
  • Even 1 can of soda ( > recommended intake of sugar for men and women a day) is toxic for our liver, but we can’t feel it at first, no signal, the liver deteriorates without us knowing. It is worst for children’s liver.
  • Liver produces proteins for blood, bile for fats digestion, detoxifies the body from bad substances… liver > 300 vital functions (Wikipedia).

It is like your coffee or tea filter. If it doesn’t work anymore… it stays in the body??

1 Like

I will see what I can do!

1 Like

Girl 2 Girl 3\ 19x19 arrow bottom\ 27x11 round right border\ 19x19
star 2\ 41x42 Facebook\ 38x38 Pinterest\ 38x38 Twitter\ 38x38 Subscribe\ 38x38
If you want some homemade chili, but you don’t necessarily want to be eating it every day for the next few weeks, just make a single-serving mug of it in the microwave! Recipes like this are why I always keep cooked chicken in the fridge…
Hungry girl's healthy chicken chili in a mug recipe
Chicken Chili in a Mug Print
Entire recipe: 254 calories, 2.5g total fat (0.5g sat fat), 808mg sodium, 32g carbs, 8g fiber, 10g sugars, 24.5g protein

Green Plan SmartPoints ® value 4*
Blue Plan (Freestyle) SmartPoints ® value 2*
Purple Plan SmartPoints ® value 2*

Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes or less

Ingredients:

1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
2 tbsp. chopped onion
3/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
2 oz. cooked and chopped skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup chili beans (pinto beans in chili sauce), not drained
2 tbsp. frozen sweet corn kernels
1 tsp. chili seasoning
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Dash cayenne pepper
Optional toppings: light sour cream, fresh cilantro

Directions:

In a large microwave-safe mug, combine bell pepper, onion, and 1 tbsp. water. Cover and microwave for 1 minute and 15 seconds, or until soft.

Add all remaining ingredients, and mix well. Re-cover and microwave for 2 minutes, or until hot.

MAKES 1 SERVING

gotta try this one!!

For anyone who isn’t German, this is a recipe for a beef roll-up covered in gravy and stuffed with an honest-to-goodness delicious mixture of onions, pickles, and bacon. To our German friends, this is a simple, traditional German Rouladen recipe!

What You’ll Need

• 12 thin slices top round beef
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
  • 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
  • 3/4 cup finely chopped onion, divided
  • 3/4 cup finely chopped bread and butter pickles, divided
  • 1/2 pound raw bacon, diced, divided
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup water

What to Do

1. Lay beef slices on a flat surface; sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
  2. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon each of onion, pickles, and bacon on each slice of beef. Roll up meat tightly and secure each with a toothpick.
  3. In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Place meat rolls in pot and saute until browned on all sides. Add remaining onion, pickles, and bacon to pot. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 50 to 55 minutes, or until beef is fork-tender.
  4. Remove beef to a platter and remove toothpicks. Cover and set aside.
  5. In a small bowl, whisk flour and water. Pour mixture into pot and stir constantly until thickened. Stir in remaining salt and pepper. Pour gravy over beef and serve immediately.

Notes

A little red cabbage on the side and wow–delish!

1 Like

I hope this will help. and hope everyone will try this

Traditional German schnitzel is typically made with veal, but our version is made with budget-friendly and just-as-flavorful pork chops. Breaded, fried, and topped with a lemon-butter based sauce, our Pork Schnitzel makes for a sensational German-style dinner!

What You’ll Need

• 4 boneless pork loin chops
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 4 tablespoons butter, divided
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup chicken broth
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley

What to Do

1. Place pork between 2 sheets of wax paper and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness with a meat mallet.
  2. In a shallow dish, place flour. In another shallow dish, beat egg and milk. In a third shallow dish, place breadcrumbs. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over both sides of pork.
  3. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter.
  4. Dip pork in flour, then egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs, coating completely on both sides. Saute pork in batches, 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until no pink remains and pork is golden. Remove to a platter.
  5. Add remaining butter, the lemon juice, broth, and parsley to skillet; mix well and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce has thickened. Serve sauce over pork.

Notes

• Did You Know? The word “schnitzel” means “cutlet” in German, so really our Pork Schnitzel is easily translated as “pork cutlet.”

• Are you a fan of German-style recipes like this one? If so, you’ve got to check out our collection of Traditional German Recipes

oh my goodness, that link, I havent seen those recipes in a very long time! gotta try them, childhood memories!!

Chili craviing :drooling_face:

1 Like

don’t know who celebrates Christmas here, but thought I would share these cookie recipes

1 Like

:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:There are 60 christmas cookie recipes? :astonished::astonished:

1 Like

cookies coming up

rimage https://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Beef-Stroganoff-642
check out the link, a bunch of good recipes here

![Beef Stroganoff](https://irepo.primecp.com/2015/06

SERVES

COOK TIME

20 Min

This recipe is an oldie but a goodie! We know you’re going to love this simple Beef Stroganoff recipe because it’s an old-world classic comfort dish. You won’t want to miss it! This savory recipe is traditionally served over buttered noodles, but you can create something just as perfect by serving it with mashed potatoes. It’s up to you, but one thing’s for sure: it’s gonna be great.

What You’ll Need

• 1/2 stick butter
  • 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 cup sour cream

What to Do

1. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add steak strips, onion, and garlic; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until steak is no longer pink, stirring frequently.
  2. Add flour and pepper; mix well. Add both soups and the mushrooms; mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until beef is tender.
  3. Just before serving, stir in sour cream and cook 2 to 4 more minutes, or until mixture is heated through. Serve immediately.

other things to do

I thought this would be a nice touch, being I am on a diet and all, hope you like

heres moreok so no one wants ro respond to these, heres something cute I thought I would share today. anywya I thought they were cute!

image image image image image ![image|500x500]image image

(upload://pPQbCxD9oOhVypVXuUYoGk55kL6.jpeg) image

I should probably make my coffee recipe ‘public’ at some point. :smile:

1 Like

and why not? heres one , being I am on this Keto diet, and I did turn my nose up at it at first, nothing in MY coffee, ok here goes

coffee, hot
spoon of unsweetened cocoa, dark chocolate the best, spoon of original whipped cream, , a dab of vanilla some artificial sweetner, to your taste,and of course spoon of coconut oil, thats where I said no way! but you can’t taste it, the whipped cream like a milk, in so many words, all fat the first part of the day. so yeah weird, but it is good, oh and the chocolate, really does the coffee wonders. note, no veggie oil or oliv e oil

so c’mon share!!

Well, by Finnish standards this is already too fancy. Simplicity is key, it needs to be simple and easy to throw together. Much of the Nordic way of life comes down to simplicity. Complicated and time consuming coffee is just frustrating and doesn’t typically taste that much better than using fewer, but better ingredients imo. A typical Finnish coffee might be use random beans, milk and sugar, or just black. I’m pretty picky with what beans/taste of coffee I want, I like Ethiopica beans, classic Wanyama (pictured below) or Paulig’s presidentti, of these Ethiopica is my favorite. Ppl that know me usually think I’m pretty odd for drinking my coffee like this, so if anyone ever tries it, let me know what you thought :slight_smile:

I tend to experiment a lot, so those measurements ma1y be different based on my mood. Usually if I want more taste, I throw in more cardemom, sometimes around 60-80ml.

Recipe:
4dl water
6x 15-20ml coffee (add the coffee before the rest)
1x 15-20ml Cardemom
1x 15-20ml kanel/cinnamon
optional, add milk if you want.

Pics:
IMG_20201105_152805

IMG_20201105_151352

1 Like

don’t think I have used cardimom, I weill check that out as well., and I do use cinnamon in coffee or tea
still sounds good

found this, thought y’all would enjoy

some people substitute sour cream qith the plain Greek yogurt. I have tried this a long time ago, throw cherries in and you have a Christmas salad

anyone make salmon cakes?

1 Like

I don’t even know that salmon cakes exist :joy:

I will put the recipe on here later. it is quite good

1 Like

Hehe thank you, Mary :smiley:

Here, we have baked salmons, sushi, sashimi or salmon tartares in salads or as a starter.

Salmon tartares are pretty good and easy to do! They marinate it to add a tart flavour with passion fruit, pineapple or sweet flavour with avocado and mango.

https://pescaviar.es/en/recipe/tartar-de-salmon-salsa-de-naranja-y-fresh-pearls-de-fruta-de-la-pasion/

Screenshot_20201111-102403_Gallery

2 Likes

I have changed the recipe I have used, being I am on this diet

I can drained salmon, some people pick out the bones
1 egg
!/2 c almond flour
2 tablespoon mayo (? HUH?)
1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp thyme and for the different countries, why don’t you experiment with your herbs & spices?
make about 8 patties, and fry in oil till nice & brown

my recipe calls for the salmon, 1/2 c regular flour, 1 egg, crushed onion about a couple of tablespoon, can add garlic, then mix and make into patties then fry nice and brown, if you want to try this one, again experiment with your herbs & spices enjoy!

heres another

can of salmon drained & deboned
2 eggs beaten
a bit of onion
pepper & salt
veggie oil
mix together form into patties, fry till nice & brown
Per Serving:

307 calories; protein 27.5g 55% DV; carbohydrates 2.3g 1% DV; fat 20.3g 31% DV; cholesterol 138.4mg 46% DV; sodium 407.5mg 16% DV. [Full Nutrition]

2 Likes

Thank you for the recipe!! I finally get what it is. It is salmon patties! I have never tasted them. I thought it was like a big cake xd

2 Likes

I use crackers, instead of flours. Ritz crackers work well with it. Optionally, I sometimes add diced bell peppers and mushrooms.

1 Like